PDA

View Full Version : Oguchi Onyewu

Owler
11-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Signed for Wednesday tonight.

Center half just been released by QPR after his short contract had just ran out.

31 year old with 68 international caps for USA.

JZ66
13-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Don't know much about this lad!
Is he any good?

WAWAW !!

aussieowl
14-01-2014, 02:07 AM
Is he any good?

WAWAW !!

From what I've read mate he could be just what we need, great early career but was injured a lot when in Italy, which has slowed his progression a fair bit...he is undoubtedly talented & hopefully he's put the injuries behind him, he's played in Europe & a World Cup so has experience of a high quality.

JZ66
14-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Is he any good?

WAWAW !!

From what I've read mate he could be just what we need, great early career but was injured a lot when in Italy, which has slowed his progression a fair bit...he is undoubtedly talented & hopefully he's put the injuries behind him, he's played in Europe & a World Cup so has experience of a high quality.[/quote]

Thanks for that Aussie ! Lets hope these facts are reason for optimism - UTO's

braggyowl
14-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Do for me. Must admit, not heard of him before now...Let's hope he does a job for us. :)

helmut_rooster
14-01-2014, 05:35 PM
Do for me. Must admit, not heard of him before now...Let's hope he does a job for us. :)

He once told AC Milan to not pay him for a whole year as he was injured the year before, what a guy!

braggyowl
15-01-2014, 11:04 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like. :)

mcbrewer
16-01-2014, 06:48 PM
If he's half as good as our previous yanks he'll be fine with me

John Harkes is still one of my favourite Owls Players and Frankie Simek pre his injury was one of the best Full Backs outside the Prem

braggyowl
17-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Agreed. :)

When are they gonna fix this bleedin like button! :/

Rotherhamowl10
20-01-2014, 01:18 PM
I kept my eye on this lad at Burnley, he started the game understandably looking very nervous. I turned to my mate and said maybe Lliera would have been the better option against arguably the best attacking side in the division.

Then he just came into the game and looked like a leader. He won everything in the air and even caused a threat at the other end - playing a big part in our goal. I was left very impressed by him, his influence was clear to see and he dealt with everything Burnley threw at him. I am looking forward to seeing him over the next five games to gather a stronger opinion of him.

braggyowl
20-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Missed this game roth but listened to it on Radio Sheff and agree with you.
Like you say, he took a little time to come into the game but got stronger and stronger.
He should turn out to be a very good signing for us. :)

adamwawaw
21-01-2014, 12:40 PM
we like our 6ft players but he looks okay, hopefully better than big miguel.