PDA

View Full Version : Ref Watch

Dirtyweasel
11-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Thought Howard Webb did well today. He managed the players well and let the pace of the game dictate itself rather than try and be centre of attention. Sian Massey, as always, gave a fair and unbiased performance, which was the exact opposite of the other flag jockey,ly M Mallarkey. How the fu.ck he gave the foul at the death and manage to keep his flag down for repeated second half attacks I'll never know :blue:

We always get sh1t lino's etc, etc.

ShottermillSaint
11-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Booked Lovren for winning the ball, then did nothing when Anelka scythed Clyne down, disappointing lack of consistency there.
Apart from that i thought he controlled the game well

CostaBaz
11-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Thought he could have sent Olsson off, for the foul on Lallana.
Looked late and high, and stopped a breakaway.

Dirtyweasel
11-01-2014, 11:11 PM

Wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity nor was he the last defender. Agree it was a poor tackle though.

proclaimer
12-01-2014, 08:06 AM
Had the benefit of seeing replays on the stream and in fairness Lovren's looked a booking. Olsson could have walked for his regardless of last man rule. The keeper was worth a booking as well, especially in the first half but overall, imo, the Ref did well and was usually up with play.

PapaLazarou
13-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Other than not dealing with Olsson's tackle on Lallana, I thought Webb had a good game - certainly much better than most of the refs we've had in the past month or so..

harvey_7
13-01-2014, 09:08 PM

Haven't seen the replay but when I saw it live I said instantly 'red card'.