PDA

View Full Version : Scott dann -blackburn

gill1948
12-01-2014, 01:56 AM
I have watched them on football league show several times this season and this guy stands out. 6'2'' only 26 and a great replacement for james C who is surely coming to the end with his injuries. Blackburn are in a bad financial way and a cheeky bid or even a transfer of say Maiga to play alongside Rhodes might interest them and would greatly save our current and hopefully future need for another CB

Whiskyman
12-01-2014, 09:21 AM
A better option than Lescott who we're being linked with imo. A cheaper option too I'd guess and, at 27, would have some sell on value for the next 3 or 4 years, unlike Lescott who's 31.

Hammer4life
12-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Scott Dann was in the centre half partnership with Roger Johnson that was relegated. He was then relegated with Blackburn. I would rather take Lescott. HE has played at the highest level. His experience and professionalism would be an investment to the squad ethos. He has been a winner and we don't have to many of those in the dressing room.

gill1948
12-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Agreed, he wouldn't command the salary lescott would want , younger and equally as good in the air we could try to offload in exchange maybe Diarra - Maiga or both -cut wage bill and boost our defence

OZHAMMER
12-01-2014, 11:06 AM
why is it that when discussing transfers or trades, do we suggest to chuck in our sh!te players, as if we would be doing the other team a favour? :?

it's maiga... think about it >:(

hammerwell06
12-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Scott Dann was in the centre half partnership with Roger Johnson that was relegated. He was then relegated with Blackburn. I would rather take Lescott. HE has played at the highest level. His experience and professionalism would be an investment to the squad ethos. He has been a winner and we don't have to many of those in the dressing room.

Seems like BFS wants all the Wolves squad that has been relegated over last few seasons, he also wants their goal keeper Wayne Hennessey...

If we was going to trade or raid Blackburn , then why not go for Rhodes too. - view external link (http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/west-ham-united/transfer-talk/news/west-ham-want-wayne-hennessey_129890.html)

gill1948
12-01-2014, 01:39 PM
well he had a really good game against man c in the cup last week and as Blackburn are short of funds I thought a player trade may suit them plus apart from backing off I thought Johnson had a reasonable game yesterday

WHU
12-01-2014, 01:47 PM
blackburn supporter works for me and states dann and rhodes (in that order) are the best two players they have by a country mile

mikeveep
12-01-2014, 03:24 PM
You cant put too much importance on players having been relegated.

We look like going down...would that make Reid,Tomkins and Noble,twice relegated, bad players?

dagenhamJohn
12-01-2014, 05:52 PM
blackburn supporter works for me and states dann and rhodes (in that order) are the best two players they have by a country milemeaning? i mean their base of comparison.

gill1948
12-01-2014, 07:02 PM
well if it is now true that lescott/man c have turned us down I would still really consider an approach especially as we need something out of Newcastle game

WHU
12-01-2014, 07:56 PM
blackburn supporter works for me and states dann and rhodes (in that order) are the best two players they have by a country milemeaning? i mean their base of comparison.[/quote]

meaning most people think rhodes is the best player there mate and that he rates dann more highly - a good sign