PDA

View Full Version : At least i am having luck on my phone

yubbywelch
12-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Is anyone else only having luck with their phones.

I have 3 different laptops each with different windows and different ages.
1 brand new.

ozfan
12-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Whats the problem Yubbs?

I'm finding on my lap top when I log in on the new page it takes me to a blank page which resolves to nowhere.

But you are logged in.

If you go back two pages and then post normally you will see it go through or you can then post a topic.

MissWinnie
12-01-2014, 12:22 PM
I hope you don't mind me answering for you Yubbs, but I know you've been struggling to stay logged in ... You can fill in the gaps/correct me.

Oz, Yubbs has been posting on our Fantasy League forum over the last few weeks as he's been struggling to get on here.

After the upgrade when the site became live again he was struggling to read anything on here, and couldn't log in at all over the Christmas hols on either his phone or lap tops - even tried to get a new user like Dazzy, but no luck.

I think now, he can log in with his phone, but the site shuts down after a couple of mins, kicking him off all other websites he is on too, which seems a bit odd?

I can log in using the log in button, but not by pressing reply. Funnily enough I just mentioned to Yubby about using the back key as I was having problems posting last week - the site kept going down when O posted, but if I pressed the back button a couple of times, it sorted it about half the time.

Not sure how any other pe

yubbywelch
12-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Spot on Winnie.

This is my first post on my laptop where I haven't had blank white boxes on the side of the forum page (just revolving advertisments)

NuclearDevice
12-01-2014, 03:19 PM
I used to sign in with my user, now my e-mail addy.

Always goes to the page showing "recent posts" which are Week 17 and week 18 Predictions, so that's not being refreshed.

Otherwise the site seems more or less back to normal ?

Yubbs - good to have you back posting. Even if does mean you can start rubbing our noses in at after the cricket teams efforts down under. Even your ladies are giving our gals a run for their money :blue:

MissWinnie
13-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Noooooooooooo ... Nuc ... don't mention the cric...

Too late ... we've lost Yubby again.

He's left a message though in case Oz or anyone else can help him ...

Ok ... puts on best Brisbane accent ...

"The back button isn't an option because the site and every other site I'm on(if I'm on them) shuts down.

I know what the problem is now, it's something to do with the advertisement on the sides.

The white box I mentioned over a month ago is the advertisements.

I had a decent run yesterday and posted approx. 6 posts, but then all of a sudden the advertisements weren't there and the site shut down.

I've struggled to get on since. :( "

PS Winnie is the best sister ever. O:)

Oh ok I made that last bit up, but I'm sure he'd have mentioned it if he'd had more time. :D

Any ideas?

dazzyo-villa
13-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Very strange.. :? Hope you get it sorted yubbs as ya missed mate.

ozfan
14-01-2014, 11:25 AM
[quote="MissWinnie"]I hope you don't mind me answering for you Yubbs, but I know you've been struggling to stay logged in ... You can fill in the gaps/correct me.

Oz, Yubbs has been posting on our Fantasy League forum over the last few weeks as he's been struggling to get on here.

After the upgrade when the site became live again he was struggling to read anything on here, and couldn't log in at all over the Christmas hols on either his phone or lap tops - even tried to get a new user like Dazzy, but no luck.

I think now, he can log in with his phone, but the site shuts down after a couple of mins, kicking him off all other websites he is on too, which seems a bit odd?

I can log in using the log in button, but not by pressing reply. Funnily enough I just mentioned to Yubby about using the back key as I was having problems posting last week - the site kept going down when O posted, but if I pressed the back button a couple of times, it sorted it

MissWinnie
15-01-2014, 01:35 AM
Thanks Oz ...

yubbywelch
15-01-2014, 06:16 AM
White box again.

Change nothing, like I said 3 different laptops all doing the same thing

yubbywelch
15-01-2014, 07:39 AM
I was half way through a second post and I got kicked off again.

much better luck on phone

MissWinnie
16-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Yubbs, I know you've used 3 different laptops but did you try using different browsers like Oz suggested? It's just that I was having a little look on a couple of other sites here to see if there were any threads with people having similar problems to you. Someone said that they could no longer use Firefox here and had to change to Explorer, although it was a bit slow, and someone else had to change to Chrome. Might just be worth a shot if you haven't tried it already ...?

I know I mentioned it before, but what about using the 'contact' form to let fm know about the problems you are having to see if is a site issue that they know about? At least you'll be making them aware if nothing else.

The link is below. I'm conscious that you may not be able to stay logged in long enough to complete it but I'm happy to enquire on your behalf if you'd like me to. I'd need to know your browser details etc as it says on the form. You could post them on the FL forum if you're having trouble on he

dazzyo-villa
17-01-2014, 08:41 PM
I tried to log on as DazzyOwen earlier and it's still not having it so I'm just treating it that it's dead and buried..

I'm finding the board a bit strange as it keeps kinda jumping about on me, quite annoying to be honest.

NuclearDevice
17-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Daz

Have you tried signing in with your email address for the dazzyowen blood with the username password. Might work.

MissWinnie
18-01-2014, 03:11 AM
Dazzy, just a thought ... If Nuc's suggestion doesn't work, might it be worth you contacting FM as well to see if there's anything they can do to restore your old Id?

dazzyo-villa
18-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Nuc,Winnie, I've tried my old E-mail address, i've tried all sorts to be fair.. I'm wary now of doing this as Footy Mad have obviously done this to stop certain people posting and I don't want to get this account killed too..

I've been in touch with Statsie on Facebook Winnie and he's tried getting in touch with someone about it to no avail so I think it's over for DazzyOwen.

yubbywelch
19-01-2014, 05:01 AM
This afternoon I've tried on my friends macbook, there's no advertisement running down the sides if the page, and I haven't had 1 issue the 1/2hr i've been on.

Their search engine is safari

MissWinnie
19-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Nuc,Winnie, I've tried my old E-mail address, i've tried all sorts to be fair.. I'm wary now of doing this as Footy Mad have obviously done this to stop certain people posting and I don't want to get this account killed too..

I've been in touch with Statsie on Facebook Winnie and he's tried getting in touch with someone about it to no avail so I think it's over for DazzyOwen.

I'll miss DazzyOwen :blue: but being able to post is the most important thing.

Anyway, what's a few thousand posts between friends.

Oh, and if I might say so, it's taken years off you - at least 4.5 I'd say! ;D

MissWinnie
19-01-2014, 09:19 AM
This afternoon I've tried on my friends macbook, there's no advertisement running down the sides if the page, and I haven't had 1 issue the 1/2hr i've been on.

Their search engine is safari

Cool! Glad you got a decent stint on here bro! :D

So it looks like it might be worth giving another browser a go? Is there a Windows version of Safari?

I no longer get ads on the side of the page. Just one at the top and 2 rows of 5 'From around the web' ads at the bottom.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

yubbywelch
20-01-2014, 07:22 AM
I tried different search engines, I've tried to remove all add on's still flashing box left hand side where advertisements were.

MissWinnie
20-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Hmmm ... so I'm wondering what was making the difference ...

A different internet provider?

A Mac book, so a different system, but I'm guessing more of us use Windows here than not?

MissWinnie
20-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Ok bro, your super sleuth sis is on the case ...

I found a post on the Portsmouth board from the person doing the upgrade (I think). He posted his email address so people could contact him directly with any problems they are having. He does seem to be replying as someone posted the details of an email conversation they'd had with him.

May be worth a go?

I've cut and pasted his post below:

"Hi Guys,

Thanks for your continued support during this migration to our new cloud hosting environment.

This was required to move ahead with footymad.net network.

Please use our new login system, please don't login via the old club site login pages as these have been disabled.

Currently you can not amend your details but you can request your old password if you require it.

DSG welcome your comments and bug reports please message at chris@press.co.uk

Kindest Regards,

Chris - Digital Sports LTD."

dazzyo-villa
20-01-2014, 07:37 PM

I'll miss DazzyOwen :blue: but being able to post is the most important thing.

Anyway, what's a few thousand posts between friends.

Oh, and if I might say so, it's taken years off you - at least 4.5 I'd say! ;D[/quote]

:D :D Yes I miss him my friend.. tbh Winnie I'm trying to persevere with DazzyO-Villa but it just ain't the same, doesn't feel right and I can see myself just spitting my dummy out and packing it all in.. :blue:

MissWinnie
21-01-2014, 07:24 PM
* Removes dummy from Dazzy's mouth to prevent any spitting out at a future date.

Hang on in there Dazzy! You've only another 170 posts to do before you can get Noel back. He might make you feel more at home. So, the more you post, the quicker ... ;) :)

yubbywelch
24-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Laptop no chance at present, and I haven't heard from our Portsmouth mad guru yet either

MissWinnie
24-01-2014, 04:15 PM
:( Sorry to hear that Yubby. I can't remember what day you emailed the DSG guy on, but if I were you, I'd give him about a week from that day, and then try again, just so that you don't drop to the bottom of his inbox and then get forgotten about.

ozfan
24-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Well you seem to be managing ok. Lots of posts from you.

If you can log on from your mates laptop and your mobile ok then I doubt the Portsmouth mad guru will be able to offer much.

So you matched the browser your mate was using when you didn't get booted off? You downloaded it and mounted it as your preferred browser?

What OS are you using on the laptop? How old is the laptop?

yubbywelch
04-02-2014, 09:24 AM
This laptop that I'm having a good run with tonight is approx. 3 years old, the other laptop is 3 weeks old.

Phone is no problem, just awkward to use.

yubbywelch
04-02-2014, 09:27 AM
I assume windows 7, how do I check?

MissWinnie
05-02-2014, 01:00 AM
Hey Yubbs

For me, it's Start, Computer, System properties. It then tells me what version of Windows I'm on ...

yubbywelch
05-02-2014, 08:05 PM
I tried having a look in the properties

MissWinnie
08-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Hmm okay. Is this link of any help to you Yubby? - view external link (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/which-operating-system)