PDA

View Full Version : He's comming back :(

DanRrr
12-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Dundee United are sending back Goodwillie. Great!

Wonder if he could do a job on loan for a League One side? But that would still cost the club a small fortune as I'm guessing his wages way outstrip most 1st team players. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25704711)

backofthenet
12-01-2014, 02:21 PM
So he isn't good enough for Dundee now eh?

Blimey. Nothing personal against the lad but he should have stayed put where he was instead of coming to us.

poltergeist
12-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Reminds me of Kevin Davis and he did a terrific job at Bolton once he found his ground.
He will score goals but not ready for this level at moment, I would wish him all the best.

backofthenet
12-01-2014, 03:07 PM
That's a well put, well thought out football related post poltergeist.

I think I like you.

joinerpat
12-01-2014, 11:29 PM
So he isn't good enough for Dundee now eh?

Blimey. Nothing personal against the lad but he should have stayed put where he was instead of coming to us.

It just goes to show that it was a good bit of business on Dundee's behalf in the first place, 2 million quid for someone they dont rate as good enough second time round, Aberdeen are showing intrest, maybe we could retrieve some of that dosh and leave him north of the border. :blue:

poltergeist
13-01-2014, 11:56 AM
That's a well put, well thought out football related post poltergeist.

I think I like you.

Thank you backofthenet, I think that sometimes managers & coaching staff get it wrong in assessing players potential, I have heard fans slating young Ben Marshall and I hope I am right in saying he will prove them wrong, the list is endless with critics forecasting who and who will not make the grade, and what better example than our own Alan Shearer that came through Walls End FC being told that he would never make it as a striker.

rigger
13-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Personally I think he needs sitting down with a psychologist and maybe an ex player, with his choices for his future career, being spelt out for him. He has a choice, because he has some ability. Most people have no choice because they have no ability. If he was to realise this perhaps we just might, get some value for the money spent on him.

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Personally I think he needs sitting down with a psychologist

This is more than likely what he needs. He's now got a civil suit pending from the woman that accused him of rape, as she says she was too drunk to give consent. I don't see how anyone would hold their head or job together under these circumstances. - view external link (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/david-goodwillie-rape-claim-girl-1713343)

joinerpat
13-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Greedy bitch has already got 11 grand for getting pissed out her tree, surely it works both ways, standing pr#ck has no concience springs to mind.
Just hope it dosent ruin his career before we can get some of the club funds back.

Roll on Wednesday,,,COYB.

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Greedy bitch has already got 11 grand for getting pissed out her tree, surely it works both ways, standing pr#ck has no concience springs to mind.

It's the way the law has been since 2001 Pat. Designed to deal with scumbags that do date rape, but basically it's a 'catch all'; so what used to be called a drunken mistake is now called rape. People with young sons need to make sure they are very careful these days. Because regret the next day can ruin a young man's life forever! And only the women's intoxication is taken into account, the man must be on his guard at all times and if she's pretty drunk, really should walk away no matter what she offers!

joinerpat
13-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Thank god I had two daughters Dan, as much as I think that any man who rapes a woman should be shot or casterated, it must be very hard for a judge and jury to determine what ammount of alcohol a female can consume, so as it will not impair her judgement on consentual ***.
I wlll bet a pound to a pinch of s##t that she has not said "I dont want 11 grand or any ammount of money" just justice.

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 06:30 PM
I don't know Pat, and that's the issue, no one does in these cases. One person's word against the other. The word 'no is no longer required though, nor is indicating a disinterest in proceeding with events. The issue revolves around consent and the law says that if a person is 'stupified' by drugs or alcohol, they do not have the capacity to give it. The fact that the party involved may also be 'stuipified' as well is of no interest. It essentially make the woman not responsible for their actions and man entirely responsibly for the actions of both parties. Not sure it was fully intentended to be used this way, but it is and that's that.

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Back to the OT:

Boywer's being calm about it, seems to be some sniffs from other clubs, but that's about it.

"Bowyer, who even suggested Goodwillie could play a part in his team's FA Cup third-round replay at Manchester City on Tuesday, was non-committal about whether another loan was an option." :O - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25714309)

Bobcrompton1896
16-01-2014, 07:33 AM
Woukd prefer Goodwillie as the back-up striker to Gestede & Rhodes,than DJ Campbell.

His record this season(even taking into account its Scottish Premier League)as opposed to Championship is much better..and thats after Dundee Utd.deem it not good enough to want to extend Goodwillies loan!

So its DJ Campbell out for me.

Purely for the record Goodwillie has scored 5 goals with at least 2 assists. DJ Campbell still to open his account after 16(is it 18?)appearances. Got the club a fine for starting a brawl in the away match with Blackpool :blue: