PDA

View Full Version : TIME TO APPOINT STUART GRAY

OWLEE
12-01-2014, 01:51 PM
The fantastic drubbing of Leeds was the icing on the cake and Mandaric must now hand the manager's post to Stuart Gray.

Stuart seems tactically astute and has lifted spirits considerably having inherited a pretty ordinary squad from the man of murky allegations. I cannot overstate how important it was that Jones was sacked.

However, I am not getting carried away. One hell of a relegation slog is ahead but I think that with Gray we have a fair chance of finishing outside the bottom three and maybe even playing a bit of football along the way. Mandaric should back his new man with a little cash in the transfer window too.

Beyond this the chairman needs to go as he with Gray (or indeed anyone else) will not take the club to the next level i.e. Championship mid-table with fleeting bursts towards the play-offs.

Stuart deserves more but he will probably be just appointed until the season's end. This short contract will of course be attractive to potential buyers of the club.

Meanwhi

match1blue
12-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Do you live in the past I am sure he was cleared of allegations with the judge saying how the hell it ever came his way get some reading lessons and keep up with the times. Wasn't gray with Jones anyway and at a previous club and took over and what happened then.

redgreggie
12-01-2014, 05:29 PM
why do we need to change anything, Mr Gray is getting paid to do a job, he's doing the job, what's the panic to appoint him to a different 'title'.

it gets on my nerves, every time he gets interviewed it's the same question, what do they expect the guy to say...I don't want the job...couse he wants it, but let's just leave those decisions to Mr Mandaric, and leave Mr Gray to get on with the fine job he's doing...

unless of course you're going to offer to pay any severance to Mr Gray should things start to go backwards, are you?

we've been here before, just look at the start Dave Jones had, we'd had nothing like it since Big Ron, look how Dave Jones tenure ended, so just leave things be.

too many people wanting to put their nose in...as usual.

excellent from the team on Saturday, best I've seen from them since...I can't remember when.

and yes I only get to see them when they're on the tele.

ray...in Batley.

aussieowl
12-01-2014, 07:49 PM
having inherited a pretty ordinary squad from the man of murky allegations.

What a tiresome individual you really are.

Rotherhamowl10
13-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Do you live in the past I am sure he was cleared of allegations with the judge saying how the hell it ever came his way get some reading lessons and keep up with the times. Wasn't gray with Jones anyway and at a previous club and took over and what happened then.

Ignore the idiot, he's ran with this 'joke' for a good 6 months now. Talk about dragging it out...

banno
13-01-2014, 06:19 PM
why do we need to change anything, Mr Gray is getting paid to do a job, he's doing the job, what's the panic to appoint him to a different 'title'.

it gets on my nerves, every time he gets interviewed it's the same question, what do they expect the guy to say...I don't want the job...couse he wants it, but let's just leave those decisions to Mr Mandaric, and leave Mr Gray to get on with the fine job he's doing...

unless of course you're going to offer to pay any severance to Mr Gray should things start to go backwards, are you?

we've been here before, just look at the start Dave Jones had, we'd had nothing like it since Big Ron, look how Dave Jones tenure ended, so just leave things be.

too many people wanting to put their nose in...as usual.

excellent from the team on Saturday, best I've seen from them since...I can't remember when.

and yes I only get to see them when they're on the tele.

ray...in Batley.

OWLEE
13-01-2014, 10:36 PM
I see the logic behind a 'no rush' approach to Gray's appointment but as has already been mentioned, the obvious instability of a caretaker status will offer little persuasion when Gray is trying to lure better players to Hillsborough.

Put simply I just think that Stuart Gray has done enough to warrant a contract of some description.

On a lighter note, following our six goal extravaganza wasn't it great to hear/read of Piggy Clough's whinging excuses after another woeful performance, this time at Meadow Lane. With Clough there and Gray at Sheffield 6 there remains a glimmering possibility of a two division gap come August 2014. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Talk of that scumbag Warnock is gone forever following a Wednesdayite revolt and in so many respects the world is a better place!

In football terms it's a long time since I've felt so upbeat.

Yours tiresomely, WM LEE of WORCESTER