PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on yesterday

MrBlue
12-01-2014, 05:10 PM
In the desperate hope of stimulating debate on a dying messageboard here are my thoughts on yesterday.

General feeling was that we were doing ok until Orient scored. True but 'doing ok' had still seen a lot more action in our penalty area than ours.

Second goal killed the game. Kav was immediately pro-active by bringing subs on, something his predecessor wouldn't have done.

My initial instinct was goal 3 was offside, however watching it again today I think that when the ball was played Lisbie was on, therefore I griped for nothing!

Game was already dead but 4th goal really pissed me off. Totally unnecessary and quite frankly Ehmer should have done a much better job on the line!

All in all, not a good day - thought they looked better than us in every department. There was a comment on the facebook page that the referee kept ignoring them being offside but I just thought Orient were so much quicker than us it just looked like that way. Our players were gone past on several occasion

bluebry
12-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Have to say, Kav's continuing chopping and changing is driving me nuts!!!
Last week at Sunderland I couldn't believe that he had picked Potts at right back when Chimbonda was fit, saying that he had his best game in that position since they moved him there, only to be moved back into midfield yesterday????
We have signed a 'proper' left back, who has proved when he was here last that he is a very decent player, and where has he been the last two games? on the bloody bench, with a very attacking player filling that role.
And why does he not pick CMW, who in my opinion looks like one of the best acquisitions I've sen for a long time. I keep hearing 'hes not ready', 'hes one for the future', well he will never be ready if we don't give him game time!
And I know Miller hasn't exactly set the world on fire this season, but surely hes better than Guy.

flashinthepan
12-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Kav is just beginning to turn into Greg Abbott. Absolutely clueless as the above post suggests. Mcsweeney should never have gone and replaced with Chimbonda. Old mates act can be the only reason Chimbonda is still here. Waste of a wage. Mcsweeney is a lot better player at this level.

BOBATON
13-01-2014, 12:55 AM
4-0 was a bit of an unfair reflection of the game but you have to give Orient credit - they played with so much confidence and the difference was that they had a cutting edge and we didn't.
I think Kav has swapped and changed too much but his motives seem genuine ie after Meppen Walter had a couple of shaky games he put him on the bench and when Miller had one of his less effective games he brought in Guy - so I would say he is trying to get the players really playing for their places.
But having seen another game where Guy did very little in a position of lone striker which he is just not suited for then that has to change and bring Miller back into the starting line up and maybe put Guy up there alongside him.
Listening to one of his recent interviews he did talk about signing another striker so I think he recognises the problem and now we have to wait to see how that progresses.
But please no more games where Guy plays up front on his own.
As for the goals conceded yesterday - the