PDA

View Full Version : Leon Clarke

wolves71
12-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Wolves appear to be linked with the Coventry player, not sure if there's any truth in it or not. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/pe9yudo)

dunstablewolf
12-01-2014, 06:56 PM
No way. Not ever. No !!

wolves71
12-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Rumour from the same source that linked Wolves to Nouha Dicko yesterday.

Clarke scores goals at this level.

ariesismale
12-01-2014, 07:19 PM
just seen it on twitter hes coming back ? to wolves on a 3 year contract thought Kenny jackett said he didn't want him in the e@s few weeks ago does this meen griff is on his way out hope not .I hope doyle his going

wolves71
12-01-2014, 07:22 PM
just seen it on twitter hes coming back ? to wolves on a 3 year contract thought Kenny jackett said he didn't want him in the e@s few weeks ago does this meen griff is on his way out hope not .I hope doyle his going

The way Griffiths was showing his appreciation in turn to each stand as he was substituted yesterday made me think it was farewell, you never know aries.

LiAmOfRuFc
12-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Hey guys, rufc fan in peace!

Do you guys think you'd be looking to sign Nouha Dicko AND Leon Clarke?

The only reason I ask is that we're desperate to get Dicko back and if you land him you'll have bagged yourselves a terrific player. Nouha's also desperate to play first team football, but you're obviously very strong up front, do you think he'd start games?

In other words, please don't sign him XD

wolves71
12-01-2014, 08:35 PM

The only reason I ask is that we're desperate to get Dicko back and if you land him you'll have bagged yourselves a terrific player. Nouha's also desperate to play first team football, but you're obviously very strong up front, do you think he'd start games?

The Nouha Dicko one could go either way, talks confirmed but not a deal as yet. The Leon Clarke one, reported in their local paper, but nothing concrete as of yet. Wolves forwards have struggled in front of goal for a while now and i'm hoping Wolves can get in extra fire power.

LiAmOfRuFc
12-01-2014, 08:44 PM

The Nouha Dicko one could go either way, talks confirmed but not a deal as yet. The Leon Clarke one, reported in their local paper, but nothing concrete as of yet. Wolves forwards have struggled in front of goal for a while now and i'm hoping Wolves can get in extra fire power.[/quote]

Well that's it confirmed then (by sky at least). I can't even tell you how gutted I am, you've got yourselves a great young lad there.

MichiganWolf
12-01-2014, 08:45 PM
I do not think this is true because it does not follow the trend of KJ's other signings. He wants players capable of contributing next season and Clarke has not shown consistency anywhere other than League One. He's 28, so I don't think there's a chance he would if he were promoted with us. I don't see this happening unless it is a short term contract and we are shipping Griff, Doule and Siggy off, leaving us with only Cassidy, Macca, and possibly Dicko

wolves71
12-01-2014, 08:45 PM

The Nouha Dicko one could go either way, talks confirmed but not a deal as yet. The Leon Clarke one, reported in their local paper, but nothing concrete as of yet. Wolves forwards have struggled in front of goal for a while now and i'm hoping Wolves can get in extra fire power.[/quote]

Well that's it confirmed then (by sky at least). I can't even tell you how gutted I am, you've got yourselves a great young lad there.[/quote]

Just posted

LiAmOfRuFc
12-01-2014, 08:50 PM
I can't see anything changing now sadly for us, I think he'd already be here if he was coming back. You're with all respect a big club so I'm not totally surprised, but I'm a bit surprised he hasn't taken any time to mull over his decision. Very good signing.

greystone16
13-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Not sure about Leon as he burnt his boats a bit when here however he has probably matured by now.Its alright scoring in the third division but we are hoping to progress.

abbobrom
13-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Has put in a transfer request today.

Woking88
13-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Some more news on this:- - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/kv94tf8)

wolves71
13-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Some more news on this:-

Link doesn't work for some reason or another, new one below.

The deal has to be right for the sky Blues if they allow him to leave, we will see if the rumours become reality. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/q4uclmy)

ariesismale
13-01-2014, 07:30 PM
wolves are e/f to sign Clarke with sky bet ,and I see were after callum McGregor from celtic I hope they both sign :D

Woking88
13-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Some more news on this:-

Link doesn't work for some reason or another, new one below.

The deal has to be right for the sky Blues if they allow him to leave, we will see if the rumours become reality.[/quote]

Thanks for re-posting the link, Gav! :)

greystone16
14-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Reading that link shows just how fickle we fans are. It proves that a manager,director or CEO will never satisfy everyone,we can't agree on players,never see the same match so whatever is done it will upset some one.No way would I want to make signing decisions just to have it spit back in my face.You have to have a very thick skin and trust your judgement implicitly.

ariesismale
14-01-2014, 04:33 PM
just looked on sky bet to see what price leon Clarke ,was 1/3 on just had another look they sky bet have closed the page down with leon Clarke on ?

Wolfiebill
14-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Sky transfer news:

Sky Bet have suspended betting on Leon Clarkea??s future after he was continually backed as short as 1/6 for a move to Wolves. The Coventry striker was even-money to make the move this morning but is now expected to complete a switch in the near future.

Not sure about this one. Clarke had a long time with us and personally I was totally underwhelmed. I appreciate (and sincerely hope) he has matured and improved.

Yarmouth_WBAFC
14-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Am I wrong in thinking you got rid of Clarke a few years back as he was bone idle with a bad attitude.

This is like Albion re-signing Luke Moore!!!!

Evewolf65
14-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Wasn't all that the First time round but as others have said hopefully he has improved and matured since he was last on our books, TBH as long as he contributes to getting us promoted from this God Foresaken Division that's all I'm worried about!!

Evewolf65
14-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Am I wrong in thinking you got rid of Clarke a few years back as he was bone idle with a bad attitude.

This is like Albion re-signing Luke Moore!!!!

Or signing Nicholas Anelka the first time!!XD

grabut
15-01-2014, 05:08 PM
I always thought a guy we bought from Man City called Taylor was the worst forward id seen in a Wolves shirt but I tell yer Leon Clarke must run him close. Please god No

Evewolf65
15-01-2014, 05:40 PM
I always thought a guy we bought from Man City called Taylor was the worst forward id seen in a Wolves shirt but I tell yer Leon Clarke must run him close. Please god No

Leon was like Suarez in comparison to Tomasz Frankowski
Glen Hoddles (final piece of the jigsaw) !!XD XD

grabut
15-01-2014, 05:47 PM
No he wasnt, at least polish guy could control the ball and pass. He may have been a major disappointment but if Leon is the best we can do were stuffed.

wolves71
15-01-2014, 05:50 PM
The level Wolves find themselves suggests to me that Leon Clarke is more than good enough. He scores goals and that's what Wolves have lacked for a while now.

grabut
15-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Yes Wolves 71 the level we are at but hopefully it will be tempory, I don't think many managers would get rid of Doyle for Clarke.

wolves71
15-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Yes Wolves 71 the level we are at but hopefully it will be tempory, I don't think many managers would get rid of Doyle for Clarke.

The link to Clarke is only speculation, as is the one for Doyle leaving. Doyle can't get in the side. Jackett is looking at getting more firepower in which suggests he isn't happy with the goal return of those at the club.

Sochaux striker Abdoul Camara has been on trial for the last two days, another trialist Villyan Bejev from Liverpool FC. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/pmk72gg)

wycombewolf
15-01-2014, 08:09 PM
One thing I did notice when Clarke played against us earlier in the season: his pie/beer consumption must have dropped since he left Wolves (?drop in wages??)...his shirt seemed to fit OK! Looked quite sprightly in the game, but didn't look like scoring to be honest.

Left us under a bit of a cloud if I remember shortly after an alleged "night on the town" that prompted exchanges of "banter" with the south bank after one of his goals. If the club really does its "due diligence" research on potential players and their character, I don't see how a return for Clarke fit's in with that, unless there's some evidence he's changed. The much publicised punch up with Paulo Di Canio at Swindon would suggest that maybe he hasn't.

Evewolf65
15-01-2014, 08:15 PM
One thing I did notice when Clarke played against us earlier in the season: his pie/beer consumption must have dropped since he left Wolves (?drop in wages??)...his shirt seemed to fit OK! Looked quite sprightly in the game, but didn't look like scoring to be honest.

Left us under a bit of a cloud if I remember shortly after an alleged "night on the town" that prompted exchanges of "banter" with the south bank after one of his goals. If the club really does its "due diligence" research on potential players and their character, I don't see how a return for Clarke fit's in with that, unless there's some evidence he's changed. The much publicised punch up with Paulo Di Canio at Swindon would suggest that maybe he hasn't.

I don't know how much there is in the Swindon Saga Wycombe, Paulo could start a fight with himself in a Telephone box!!;) XD

wycombewolf
15-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Probably right Eve, I believe his chairman said he "managed by hand grenade"

dunstablewolf
16-01-2014, 05:13 PM

I don't know how much there is in the Swindon Saga Wycombe, Paulo could start a fight with himself in a Telephone box!!;) XD[/quote]

For this exact reason, my fir

PremierWolf
18-01-2014, 02:53 AM

I don't know how much there is in the Swindon Saga Wycombe, Paulo could start a fight with himself in a Telephon

Evewolf65
18-01-2014, 08:19 AM

I don't know how much there is in the Swindon Saga Wycombe, Pau

wolves71
25-01-2014, 09:02 PM
It looks like Leon Clarke isn't happy with the way Coventry are handling a move to Wolves for him. Maybe they're holding out for more money, who knows? - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/ok3hlrs)

grabut
25-01-2014, 09:36 PM
If I was Leon I wouldn't be happy, a club like Wolves come in for you, its a no brainer . I just dont think hes good enough.

wolves71
25-01-2014, 09:55 PM
A collection of his Coventry goals below. If he does make the move back to Wolves, he offers another goalscoring option for Jackett. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS06tHuO6ZA)

Evewolf65
26-01-2014, 03:04 PM
A collection of his Coventry goals below. If he does make the move back to Wolves, he offers another goalscoring option for Jackett.

Just asking Like but if Kenny is gonna persevere with the one up front policy he seems to currently favour why would we need another Striker? Could of turned 3 Into 6 with another CF up there yesterday!
Football a Simple game made complicated by some!!!!:s

wolves71
26-01-2014, 03:11 PM
A collection of his Coventry goals below. If he does make the move back to Wolves, he offers another goalscoring option for Jackett.

Just asking Like but if Kenny is gonna persevere with the one up front policy he seems to currently favour why would we need another Striker? Could of turned 3 Into 6 with another CF up there yesterday!
Football a Simple game made complicated by some!!!!:s[/quote]

He does seem to favour the one up top front man, i think and have said a few times, Griffiths will be on his way, Clarke to replace him? Maybe the added threat from Clarke will offer an option for Jackett to change formations when games are going against us and a second forward is needed on the pitch. Accommodating both in the starting line up will be interesting.

grabut
26-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Football is a simple game, complicated by some ha.
Spot on but perhaps a bit different if your the manager that's got to get promotion. I thought we would do it easy but its going to be very close.
I do think thou that if mad Mick was manager we would already have 1 foot in the championship. Thou to be fair to Mick we wouldn't be anywhere near league 1.

Evewolf65
26-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Football is a simple game, complicated by some ha.
Spot on but perhaps a bit different if your the manager that's got to get promotion. I thought we would do it easy but its going to be very close.
I do think thou that if mad Mick was manager we would already have 1 foot in the championship. Thou to be fair to Mick we wouldn't be anywhere near league 1.

Grab I have to say I know now with the benefit of Hindsight who I would want in my corner when things get really tight like they are now, and it ain't the Tinker Man!
I was wrong about The Mad Man, and for me personally I hold Me Hands up!!
Everybody is free to Rip me Down at their Leisure!!:blue: :blue:

grabut
26-01-2014, 04:54 PM
To be fair we all want to see the club progress and Mick had come to a dead end with our board and owner.
We now play well at times and it also can look quite good but as you say its a simple enough game and we are used to playing attacking football. Mick and Wolves were a good match.

wolves71
26-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Another ex Wolves player linked to Wolves...have a guess who it is!! Jackett knows him well ;D

essexwolf
26-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Another ex Wolves player linked to Wolves...have a guess who it is!! Jackett knows him well ;D

Is it Andy Keogh by any chance.
I personally would say no to him. He did alright for us, but a bit of a poor mans Kevin Doyle, plenty of effort not enough goals. Just my opinion.

wolves71
26-01-2014, 06:18 PM

Is it Andy Keogh by any chance.
I personally would say no to him. He did alright for us, but a bit of a poor mans Kevin Doyle, plenty of effort not enough goals. Just my opinion.[/quote]

Correct, i think it's another rumour that's escalated over past few hours.

Woking88
26-01-2014, 06:44 PM
The Keogh rumour was suggested on 'Wolves Rumours' at 16:05:13 on 23 January 2014, but no source was mentioned to give it any credibility.

wolves71
27-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Another Wolves bid rejected today, Wolves expected to go back with a higher one than the alleged AŁ500,000 one.

We will see how how much Wolves want the player. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/o8mca7p)

MichiganWolf
27-01-2014, 06:05 PM
For 500k, I'd prefer someone with a future in the Championship. I'm not sure Clarke has one. We got Dicko, Jacobs, Henry, Golbourne, McDonald all for 400k or less IIRC. 500k+ for a guy only proven with no success in the second tier, a less than adored past here, and fitness issues sounds sour to me. But the market for in form strikers is different than for other field players I suppose.

wolves71
27-01-2014, 06:17 PM
For 500k, I'd prefer someone with a future in the Championship. I'm not sure Clarke has one. We got Dicko, Jacobs, Henry, Golbourne, McDonald all for 400k or less IIRC. 500k+ for a guy only proven with no success in the second tier, a less than adored past here, and fitness issues sounds sour to me. But the market for in form strikers is different than for other field players I suppose.

If his goals can help guarantee championship football next season it will be seen as a gamble that payed off in my eyes. Wolves are playing catch up and scoring has been a major factor.

ariesismale
27-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Clarke not playing Tuesday night got a sore eal according to the cov manager ?

dunstablewolf
27-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Clarke not playing Tuesday night got a sore eal according to the cov manager ?

Is he having jelly with that eel :D

wolves71
27-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Clarke not playing Tuesday night got a sore heal according to the cov manager ?

Probably won't play if transfer deal is close.

wolves71
29-01-2014, 06:41 PM
As far i can gather and seeing a few links on newsnow, Wolves have had a bid accepted for Clarke. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/orhbq6t)

Wolfiebill
29-01-2014, 06:54 PM
SkySports
Wolves are set to add the services of another proven marksman to their ranks, with Coventry striker Leon Clarke poised to return to the club that helped to launch his career.
Wolves
@OfficialWolves
Wolves can confirm they have reached agreement with Coventry City for the transfer of Leon Clarke. The... fb.me/1bCDyJfsj

MichiganWolf
29-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Official. Leon Clarke is with Wolves once again.

Not thrilled with the signing, but I'll give him a chance to perform.

essexwolf
29-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Looks like this is happening now. Although some might not like it , if he scores 10 goals plus before the end of the season and shows he wants to play for the shirt, I will definitely back him.

Also we have to trust Jackett, his signings so far have been pretty good .

Evewolf65
29-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Looks like this is happening now. Although some might not like it , if he scores 10 goals plus before the end of the season and shows he wants to play for the shirt, I will definitely back him.

Also we have to trust Jackett, his signings so far have been pretty good .

Agree Es*** low fee, relatively low wages, if it works out great could make the difference but if it doesn't it's not the end of the World!
What's Kenny gonna do now play two up front? and surely this means Griffiths is off to Parkhead!

essexwolf
29-01-2014, 07:40 PM
This must definitely mean the end of Griff eve. I will wish him well, just hope we get a decent price for him.

wycombewolf
29-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Was glad to see the back of him last time around, but that's a long time ago.

If or when he pulls on a Wolves shirt, he'll have my backing unless he blots his copy book again.

If he starts banging in the goals at the Mol, I suspect his previous spats with the South Bank will soon be forgotten! Here's hoping.

Have to agree about KJ's signings so far, not looking too shabby at all!

baggins
29-01-2014, 10:33 PM
I suppose only time will tell and KJ bought well so far :s

nortonwolf
30-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Confirmed. - view external link (http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/01/30/wolves-to-seal-750000-deal-for-leon-clarke/)

GrizzledWolf
30-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Have watched the video of Clarke's goals for Coventry and for me he looks 'sharp', something which, until the recent arrival of Dicko, seemed to be missing from our arsenal. Understandably, there are concerns that Dicko and Clarke could not operate in the same attack formation. Be that as it may, it still gives us the benefit (luxury even!) of having two strikers in the squad with a proven ability to score goals, something that has been sadly lacking. At least, I now have renewed expectation that our campaign this season will not end in disappointment.

I was surprised by Eve's 'confessional' regarding Mad Mick. Like most Wolves supporters I have a certain respect for MM and what he once achieved at Wolves. Undoubtedly, he was the key to our progression into the Premier League, but beyond that point he was, IMO, totally out of his depth. Then again, he may well have been hampered by a club administration that, at the time, failed to give him the support he needed...in truth, I don'

nortonwolf
30-01-2014, 11:12 AM
GW - spot on both points that's how I see it.

greystone16
30-01-2014, 11:53 AM
The jurys out. Wasn't too impressed when he didn't play against LOrient,he may have scored and got a draw which would have helped us instead he pulled a sickie.So has he altered?
I'll reserve judgement.

Mr.D
30-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Taken from the official Wolves site.Leon Clarke today expressed the hope that Wolves fans will judge him on his perfomances as he set about the task of helping the team win promotion from Sky Bet League One.

The divisionaiis top scorer with 15 league goals from 23 appearances has joined Wolves from Coventry for his second spell at Molineux, having previously joined his home town Academy at the age of eight before leaving for Sheffield Wednesday at 21.

Having made his Wolves debut at 18, there were some ups and downs with the clubaiis supporters notably when responding to criticism with a aiishushaii gesture in front of the South Bank after finding the net.

But Clarke says he is now a completely different person, having learned much from his formative years as he heads back to the club where he made his footballing breakthrough.

aiiI was eight when I was first picked up by the Academy,aii Clarke recalls.

aiiI was on trial for maybe six months and then I signed after that and stayed

theplater
30-01-2014, 04:58 PM
The jurys out. Wasn't too impressed when he didn't play against LOrient,he may have scored and got a draw which would have helped us instead he pulled a sickie.So has he altered?
I'll reserve judgement.

Yep, that's much how I see it Greystone but I have doubts, especially if we go up which I'm still fully expecting, and automatically by winning the league.

wolves71
30-01-2014, 06:36 PM
He'll get my support and what's gone in the past should remain there. He's not the only so called Wolves player with a chequered past, Kevin McDonald to one ;D