PDA

View Full Version : Yanga-Mbiwa

WhoRYa
12-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Following this mon's challenge today, I trust that if you were to venture on to their message board that it's fully of moral hand wringing, calls for him to be banned from the game for life, trawling the internet for examples of previous challenges he's been cautioned for to disprove Pardew's comment that "he's not that kind of player" etc..
what do you mean there isn't???

tommy_wafc
13-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Most deluded fans I've ever come across, who act like Neanderthals on matchday.

After the full on meltdown from them over McManaman last season, with Newcastle fans wanting bans for life and sending death threats. Pardew going mad in the media and Carver attacking people on the sideline.

Now Newcastle are on their 3rd/4th horror tackle of the season, which has resulted in a serious injury and Pardew doesn't condemn the player, sticks up for him. The same fans seem to be sticking up for the player as well. No bans for life comments...

Oh so hypocritical.

Also they're not happy with Mike Jones, the same ref that wrongly awarded Newcastle a penalty and sent off Figueroa after about 20 minutes last season when we were totally dominating and it cost us the game. Short memories eh?

Always the victims...

WhoRYa
13-01-2014, 11:46 AM
That's exactly what I was thinkign when I posted the original message last night.

To be honest I hadn't seen the challenge when I posted but I have now. McManaman's was a bad challenge but it was reckless, mistimed & had excessive force and nothing I saw gave me any inkling that he went in with malice.
The tackle yesterday was nasty. Not as much force but the guy had got away from him & he maliciously kicked out at him as he was pulling away. Malicious, cynical & deliberate is how it appeared to me
I wonder if Oliver Holt will be mentionning it in every single article he writes in the Daily Mirror for the next 3 months? Somehow I doubt it!!!

As for the disalloed goal, again I hadn't seen that last night but saw on the Geordies footymad website last night a still picture showing the ref's view & how there was no interfernce with play. I saw it at normal speed this morning & the ball would have smacked the newcastle player in the face if he hadn't jumped out of the way at the last seco