PDA

View Full Version : FAO: SaxoJordan

DanRrr
12-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Sax, you said in another thread that you have the Rovers Player. What kind of length are the highlights? Also, are they the same kind of length for both home and away games?

Cheers

MillHillRover
12-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Sax, you said in another thread that you have the Rovers Player. What kind of length are the highlights? Also, are they the same kind of length for both home and away games?

Cheers

Getting a bit personal aren't we Dan ? asking him about his length ;)

Anyway we all know it's the girth that counts XD

Stan_van_nel
12-01-2014, 08:02 PM
If it's owt like Clarets Player then you get a few minutes highlights sunday afternoon when the Football League Show has been done with.

Later on you get extended highlights and on a monday (or two days after the match) you get the full match to watch.

I do know that Bolton don't put the full match on their player, so I don't know about anyone else.

Well worth the annual fee.

champs95
12-01-2014, 08:43 PM
How much are we talking? I may get this.

MillHillRover
12-01-2014, 08:48 PM

here ya go champs, looks very reasonable - view external link (secure.player.rovers.co.uk/buy?WT.mc_id=navSSO)

DanRrr
12-01-2014, 09:13 PM

Cheers

Getting a bit personal aren't we Dan ? asking him about his length ;)

Anyway we all know it's the girth that counts XD[/quote]

I always thought it wasn't the size of the ship, but the motion of the ocean that counted Milly XD

DanRrr
12-01-2014, 09:14 PM
If it's owt like Clarets Player then you get a few minutes highlights sunday afternoon when the Football League Show has been done with.

Later on you get extended highlights and on a monday (or two days after the match) you get the full match to watch.

I do know that Bolton don't put the full match on their player, so I don't know about anyone else.

Well worth the annual fee.

Cheers Stan

MillHillRover
12-01-2014, 09:29 PM
I always thought it wasn't the size of the ship, but the motion of the ocean that counted Milly XD

The way I heard it Dan was "It's not the size of the weapon It's the power of the shot" ;) :)

DanRrr
12-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Must be why they used to call me 'driller killer' Milly XD

Where the bloody hell is Saxo anyway. He was well up for telling me all about something he hadn't seen yesterday. Now he's asked to express an opinion on something he actually has experience of, he's nowhere to be found :blue: XD

Stan_van_nel
12-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Dan, he's probably out drinking crap French beer with Stinky Stan's French cousin, Pepe Le Pew.

jordan12rhodes
13-01-2014, 11:18 AM
rovers player`s well worth it. esp if your out n the sticks somewhere in mainland europe.. :)

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 12:04 PM
rovers player`s well worth it. esp if your out n the sticks somewhere in mainland europe.. :)

Cheers Sax, but as a season ticket holder, who can't get to as many away games as I'd like, is it worth it? Guess what I'm asking is how long are the highlights for the games I can't attend? If they're just a couple of minutes, same as Sky and the Championship show, then it's not really worth it, but if you 15 minutes + then it is.

What says you?

Ta

jordan12rhodes
13-01-2014, 12:44 PM

Cheers Sax, but as a season ticket holder, who can't get to as many away games as I'd like, is it worth it? Guess what I'm asking is how long are the highlights for the games I can't attend? If they're just a couple of minutes, same as Sky and the Championship show, then it's not really worth it, but if you 15 minutes + then it is.

What says you?

Ta[/quote]

as stated above, the day after the games, you get highlights and a couple of days after, you get the full game. i`m watching the doncaster game in full later on. i`ve already watched the leeds game in full the other day..

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Cheers Saxo. Think I'll give it a whirl then. Fancy seeing more of our away games than the TV shows and was too ill for Doncaster on Saturday, so fancy having a good look at that too.

Noticed it doesn't work on the Nexus 7, which is a shame, but I guess you can't have it all :(

seventwo
13-01-2014, 12:55 PM
as stated above, the day after the games, you get highlights and a couple of days after, you get the full game. i`m watching the doncaster game in full later on. i`ve already watched the leeds game in full the other day..

Doesn't sound like he's got it Dan XD

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 01:25 PM
You could be right Sven, the answering of my questions was rather coy.

Anyway, as I'm signed off work I've signed up, (used some of the saved fuel money from Saturday ;) ). Here's the lowdown:

Highlights: about 4 minutes 20 seconds per game going back to the 2009/10 season, (prem highlights about 8 minutes).

Interviews and all that sort of stuff. Will also be good for radio comentary for away matches as I don't get a good enough Radio Lancs reception when Rovers are broadcast in 96mtz. It's OK. Definately worth having for Aucks, Pooch, Sydnygirl, AR etc if they want to keep up with what's going on and see more than is shown in the colonies.

Other thing is that all video default to low quality, which is poo, so need to make sure to select HQ for all each video.

Just watching some old stuff and remembering what a great disappointment Franco Di Santo was and have just just seen that work of fiction, Vince Grella XD

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Ohh another little bonus, all full matches from this season, home and away, are available in the 'all content' section. Well worth getting for our friends colonies!!

jordan12rhodes
13-01-2014, 03:53 PM
no offence, but i have other things to do over here than answer questions about rovers player in great detail. i`ve told you what you need to know about it..

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 04:19 PM
no offence, but i have other things to do over here than answer questions about rovers player in great detail. i`ve told you what you need to know about it..

Yes, I do understand that answering whether highlights are above 2 or 3 minutes would be very time consuming. But I do thank you for your responses above :star:

jordan12rhodes
13-01-2014, 04:42 PM

Yes, I do understand that answering whether highlights are above 2 or 3 minutes would be very time consuming. But I do thank you for your responses above :star:[/quote]

i didn`t mean that last post to come across in a dickeady way..

cest la vie.. XD

seventwo
13-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Like I said the nonce hasn't got it. XD

jordan12rhodes
13-01-2014, 06:13 PM

the `mary` stuff i can stomach, but this..?

complaint made.

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 06:22 PM

Yes, I do understand that answering whether highlights are above 2 or 3 minutes would be very time consuming. But I do thank you for your responses above :star:[/quote]

cest la vie.. XD[/quote]

Don't worry about it, no offence taken

seventwo
13-01-2014, 07:11 PM

the `mary` stuff i can stomach, but this..?

complaint made.[/quote]

Complain away, as said previously there is more than one meaning for the word and the less common one suits you perfectly.

seventwo
13-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Instead of complaining about something you are ignorant of why not post a screen dump of Rovers player?

champs95
13-01-2014, 08:39 PM

cest la vie.. XD[/quote]

Why, are you busy working for a living?
19, 505 posts, but now your too busy.
If only you decided to come to that decision 19, 505 posts ago.

champs95
13-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Instead of complaining about something you are ignorant of why not post a screen dump of Rovers player?

Too busy working. In between working his poor little fingers to the bone, grafting like we all do...and posting 19505 times, he's now 'too busy'
Dunno about anyone else, but I'm having a party.

champs95
13-01-2014, 08:44 PM

here ya go champs, looks very reasonable[/quote]

Mucho's gracias Milly. I have been thinking of getting this for a while. Seems very good. I think I may ask Saxo, he is always helpful on the matters. Pity he doesn't post much. :blue:

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 09:09 PM

Mucho's gracias Milly. I have been thinking of getting this for a while. Seems very good. I think I may ask Saxo, he is always helpful on the matters. Pity he doesn't post much. :blue:[/quote]

I've tried to fill in the gaps above Champs ;)

But hadn't realised until now, my 6th or so hours of ownership, that it also works on smart TV's.

My advice is not to get it. The archive goes back 5 seasons, and it's depressing seeing what good a squad we used to have and how many people used to go to Ewood XD

champs95
13-01-2014, 10:39 PM

Mucho's gracias Milly. I have been thinking of getting this for a while. Seems very good. I think I may ask Saxo, he is always helpful on the matters. Pity he doesn't post much. :blue:[/quote]

I've tried to fill in the gaps above Champs ;)

But hadn't realised until now, my 6th or so hours of ownership, that it also works on smart TV's.

My advice is not to get it. The archive goes back 5 seasons, and it's depressing seeing what good a squad we used to have and how many people used to go to Ewood XD[/quote]

To be fair, I just want live games, be it on Iraqi sports tv or not. I just watch my pile of videos (no not those ones O:) ) from the early to late 90's to reminisce.

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 10:44 PM
To be fair, I just want live games, be it on Iraqi sports tv or not.

Me too, but I think that involves getting promoted. All the world cares about is the Premiership and QPphuckingR when it comes to live games I've noticed.

As for your video collection. I simply don't want to know :P

MillHillRover
13-01-2014, 10:47 PM

No probs champs mi owd mate, although I must admit it was a struggle to find time to research it for you what with my busy schedule and all ;)

XD XD XD XD XD

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 11:08 PM
No probs champs mi owd mate, although I must admit it was a struggle to find time to research it for you what with my busy schedule and all ;)

XD XD XD XD XD

Did you have to drop off the grandkids with a neighbour for the afternoon so you could help Champs out Milly? XD

MillHillRover
13-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Did you have to drop off the grandkids with a neighbour for the afternoon so you could help Champs out Milly? XD

They're the sacrifices you gotta make to help your friends out Dan ;) :)

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 11:59 PM

They're the sacrifices you gotta make to help your friends out Dan ;) :)[/quote]

Tell me about it Milly, I had to put my kids into local authority care and I've taken the week off work. But it was worth it, because I now know how long the highlights are ;D

DanRrr
14-01-2014, 12:34 AM
Noticed it doesn't work on the Nexus 7, which is a shame, but I guess you can't have it all :(

Glad to say I was wrong on this front. You download the football league app on the Rovers.co.uk front page and sign into the player from there, and it works a treat :)

champs95
14-01-2014, 10:40 AM

They're the sacrifices you gotta make to help your friends out Dan ;) :)[/quote]

I've got better things to do, than keep coming on here to thankyou Milly.
But thankyou.
:D :D ;D XD

champs95
14-01-2014, 10:43 AM
I didn't mean that in a dickeady way...just I want to get to 19505 posts so I can look all important.

DanRrr
14-01-2014, 11:08 AM
On a serious note, have you given it a whirl Champs? Although I must say that I have much more important things to do than ask you questions!

The interviews with the players make a refeshing change. I can really see why Bowyer isn't bothered with the 'bigs' and lets the ones we have get on with doing nowt and pick up massive unearned wages. The lads he has are hungry and seem to be getting well bonded. It also explains why 'weaker' players, (e.g. Williamson) are being fielded, attitude and comittment seem to be the of his game. Rudy Gestede's interview in particular stands out for me. I :heart: him already, not your usual, 'handling the media' stuff from prem players. Head on shoulders and feet on ground. Excellent!

Anyway, I'm busy and have better things to do than tell you that :P

:heart:

champs95
14-01-2014, 02:17 PM
On a serious note, have you given it a whirl Champs? Although I must say that I have much more important things to do than ask you questions!

The interviews with the players make a refeshing change. I can really see why Bowyer isn't bothered with the 'bigs' and lets the ones we have get on with doing nowt and pick up massive unearned wages. The lads he has are hungry and seem to be getting well bonded. It also explains why 'weaker' players, (e.g. Williamson) are being fielded, attitude and comittment seem to be the of his game. Rudy Gestede's interview in particular stands out for me. I :heart: him already, not your usual, 'handling the media' stuff from prem players. Head on shoulders and feet on ground. Excellent!

Anyway, I'm busy and have better things to do than tell you that :P

:heart:

I'm far too busy to keep answering these questions.
:D ;D
I'm going to wait until pay day later in the month to decide Dan. I thin