PDA

View Full Version : Sheerin thanks fans for their loyalty

Fargone
12-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Sheerin "Our players know the situation they are in and are giving their all to fix it. The fans seem to understand that too and I appreciate it.

Don't think we can fault the side for effort but oh for a bit of punch and composure up front... and maybe we're overdue a lucky break (none of the chances in the Brechin game fell our way) - view external link (www.arbroath-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/sheerin_thanks_fans_for_their_loyalty_821310/index.shtml)

Nonsmokingsmokie
14-01-2014, 10:09 PM
I, for one appreciate this. Despite some other suggestions to the contrary from other fans - I didn't observe much hostility or antagonism from fans to manager or team against Brechin... and I stood in a few different places.

For any team which manages 2 draws in 12 games, I think this shows remarkable forbearance form the fans. There is severe frustration on the terraces, deep doom and gloom and the usual groans of disappointments at certain turns, but I didn't encounter any slagging off

It helped that the team put in a great effort after the break, and the fans were willing us to get that breakthrough.

After his historic and entertaining first two seasons, Sheerin has banked a substantial amount of goodwill which is rare in the senior game (see the other other thread showing he's the 4th longest serving manager in Scotland)... if he and Stewart Petrie can now get us out of this deep hole we're now in, he'll qualify for lifetime legend status.

Nice if we could turn a corner

timlichtie
22-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Corrigan has left Stenny after 4 defeats and a mid table position!

I'm glad that we are better than that and show some faith in our management team and what they are trying to achieve. The youngsters coming good on Saturday was a great sign.

ClashCityRocker
22-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Sheerin is still a relatively young manager, still gaining experience .

This season will have been a great learning curve for him and he will have gained more experience .

Next season should hopefully prove to be the year when he is ready to take the club into the play offs for Div 1.

Finishing mid table for this season will be decent and we can regroup and get ready for the 2014 - 2015 season.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to a trip to Ibrox this Sat.

Arbroath1
22-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Just shows how much of a strong position we are in, in my mind there is no doubt that the management team and the infratructure we have at the club is tremendous. As TIM Has said Corrigan has left Stenny in a good position after a 4 game losing streak maybe they are expecting Hartley to join them and take them to Europe. ?? At least the chairman seems to have more sense and Sheerin himself who can clearly see that we are more or less there or therabouts in this league. Sheerin could have easily thrown the towel in after recent weeks but to his credit has stuck by his beliefs, yes we need two strikers another keeper but the rest of the league does to.!!! As long as we can avoid relegation this season i would say its been an interesting season and one which we must learn from, i,m sure PS has. Make no bones about it its going to take some achievment to survive as the like of Airdrie and EAST FIFE seem to be getting a few good results lately. Hopefully the chairman at Alloa and Stenny kee