PDA

View Full Version : Sick of the way...

ThenNowForeverForest
13-01-2014, 07:53 AM
BD shuts up shop after we take a one nil lead. That's four points he has cost us over recent games (Reading and Bolton). We need to maintain an attacking mentality throughout, as shown against West Ham. We have gone one nil up in both games for an obvious reason, I do not understand why BD then feels the need to try and defend a one nil lead! We will not get promotion/playoffs with that attitude! Go for the second

Romanis
13-01-2014, 08:39 AM
I have long criticised the manner in which Davies sets up as an attacking force. He refuses to play an all out attacking style except when chasing a game. This means that our lack of strikers' goals in due to the set up not really the personnel. It's no point buying a big striker if he is still gonna be starved of a regular partner and support.

That said, I don't entirely disagree with the safety first approach away from home. It's not easy to win or even draw games at places like Bolton or Reading, therefore the 'hold what we have approach' is not really bad in tough grounds. However there should be some changes in grounds where the opponents aren't as proficient. We gotta attack these teams and get wins where possible. For home games, the onus has to be to kill games off.

If we can do this, then we should be able to enjoy the rest on the season in expectation instead of hope.