PDA

View Full Version : Where will Forest Finish This Season?

Romanis
13-01-2014, 10:46 AM
The time is now well poised to offer some prediction as to where we will finish.

We lie in 5th, 9 and 13 points behind the 2 automatic spots.

Unless Leicester really hit a slump, I think they should be able to hold on to 1 spot. That just leaves the other - with Burnley and QPR leading the race.

Ignoring our rivalry with Derby, I honestly cannot see them catching either. The same it appears for us.
If Burnly lose Vokes or Ings during this window, they might falter (haven't lost at home all season). But I don't see them as the biggest threat, it's the Hoops that's the danger.

We are 8 points behind them on 9 game unbeaten run. Unless we start winning more than drawing, I can't see us catching them. They seem to have the ability to eke out results and recover from 1 bad game to win the next.

So I'm predicting only a play-off spot for us, with Burnley. We are 3 points ahead of 7th placed Reading and 5 ahead of 10th placed Wigan. The 2 teams I feel will make play a for the play-off

Trickytreesreds
13-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Can't call it mate until the window shuts. We may lose players we may add players?

God knows really.

Romanis
13-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Can't call it mate until the window shuts. We may lose players we may add players?

God knows really.

That's the thing I hate about being a Championship club in the window. If the player we want or are trying to keep has some form of interest from a Prem club, everything gets put on hold, until that prem club decides what it wants to do.

The worst case scenario is that we lose both Lascelles and Hobbs and are unable to sign anyone else of significance.

That said I think it'll end somewhere in between, we lose Lascelles, either in this window or he signs with Arsenal, to begin next season, but keep Hobbs after paying a fee to Hull. I think Vaughan shouldn't be too much of an issue.

As for signing a striker of other players, probably we'll just manage to squeeze one in, not our first choice but maybe the 2nd or 3rd options.

Guess we'll only really know in 2 weeks time.

BigusDikus
13-01-2014, 12:58 PM
I believe we will finish either 3rd or 4th and lose in the play offs as usual. :/

Romanis
13-01-2014, 01:11 PM
I believe we will finish either 3rd or 4th and lose in the play offs as usual. :/

Talking about a vote of confidence! :D

But as dire as this scenario is, I'd rather we lost in the play-offs semis than lose at Wembley.

That would be a really bitter pill to swallow, far worse than not making the play-offs or losing the semis.

But I think we are due some rub of good ol'fashioned Lady Luck, don't you?

If Tricky can get lucky with some MILFs in his condition, surely we are entitled to a little bit as well. :heart:

Trickytreesreds
13-01-2014, 01:49 PM

But as dire as this scenario is, I'd rather we lost in the play-offs semis than lose at Wembley.

That would be a really bitter pill to swallow, far worse than not making the play-offs or losing the semis.

If Tricky can get lucky with some MILFs in his condition, surely we are entitled to a little bit as well. :heart:[/quote]

Lucky?? you cheeky foooooooker! :O

George Clooney comes to me for advice. Sorry, I must stop saying things like that, as according to Basie I'm a potential *** monster to women. Bad Tricky, bad!!

Romanis
13-01-2014, 05:52 PM

If Tricky can get lucky with some MILFs in his condition, surely we are entitled to a little bit as well. :heart:[/quote]

Lucky?? you cheeky foooooooker! :O

George Clooney comes to me for advice. Sorry, I must stop saying things like that, as according to Basie I'm a potential *** monster to women. Bad Tricky, bad!![/quote]

I think deep down he loves you :heart:

Now what about my offer of you 2 meeting at a home game and bury

Simp1
13-01-2014, 06:53 PM
I still think there are more twists to come,I said if we are still within 10points at Xmas then we've still a chance of auto,but that depends on signings!i would take a playoff now though cos we couldn't be that unlucky in the playoffs again could we??