PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal interested in Lascelles and

essexred52
13-01-2014, 10:50 AM
reports say a bid has been accepted by Dull from Reading for J Hobby, I believe the Arsenal interest to be true as rumours are coming from everywhere down here, not that convinced about the Reading bid though

Romanis
13-01-2014, 01:04 PM
If Arsenal are really keen on Lascelles and make a reasonable offer, that will be that. We can't really blame him if he wants to go, who wouldn't want to play for such a big club and for a manager who has made giving youth a chance his hallmark.

But if that's gonna happen then Fawaz has no choice but to match Reading's offer and keep Hobbs, given our gaping hole in that department if both he and Jamal leaves.

It would be strange and somewhat silly if Fawaz doesn't make a bid for Hobbs, and then either accepts one for Jamal or rejects it altogether. If we sell Jamal, we have to use the money to sign Hobbs permanently. It would be foolish not to.

Trickytreesreds
13-01-2014, 01:44 PM
The valuation would be interesting.
Arsenal were rumoured to have wanted him in a 5m accumulating deal 2 years ago.
Since then he's blossomed and a main stay 1st teamer.
Given the silly prices we've been quoted whilst looking for players (Sako 4m, Rhodes 8m+,Austin 6m) and the likes of Derby talking 15m for hughes. I am intrigued as to what the price on his head would be. Arsenal saw the potential years ago and I have no doubt we have a future England defender on our hands. Liverpool have also raised their heads and should a bidding war break out, we'll have no choice but to let him go. Just make sure we don't give him away on the cheap and make sure we get a cut of future profits. I have no doubt his value will continue to rise.

fudgey
13-01-2014, 02:54 PM
loan him straight back to us!

Mitesh
13-01-2014, 04:39 PM
its on the OS - view external link (http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/presstalk.aspx)

Mitesh
13-01-2014, 04:40 PM
we gotta keep him, can't sell talent when we have the money now!!!

Romanis
13-01-2014, 05:45 PM
its on the OS

Not an official OS announcement, just a link to what the papers are saying, nothing confirmed.

On your other point, it's a not question of us not wanting to sell, but whether the player wants to leave. For sure we can never offer the salary Arsenal would be able to throw at him, not forgetting a chance to play in CL as well.

If the fee is huge, I think we must sell. The best option would be to hold on to him on loan until the remainder of the season.

fudgey
14-01-2014, 08:55 AM
we can offer him the earth but if his heads turned,
my opinion of footballers of his age stay 2 more years at this club then move, you see so many jump at first chance then two years later no first team action then out on loan, career really stalled or fell apart, look at sinclair from swansea, think Dawson left to early too, he couldve been a great defender with some more first team action under his belt. too much money this is the problem in football.

Trickytreesreds
14-01-2014, 09:21 AM
new contract offered. percy tweet

tricky1972
15-01-2014, 06:56 AM
new contract offered. percy tweet

2 reasons that a club would do that; if they want to keep the player or to protect his value, if he is to be sold!

Polish_ForestMad
15-01-2014, 07:49 AM
If we sold lascelles and darlow now we would get very good money but we would have to loan them back for the rest of the season.saying that I hope they do stay.who says Billy hates the youth system?

Manofpride
15-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Think we should put a cheeky bid in for Lascelles, it would be a dream move for him. After all he is a Rams fan!

Polish_ForestMad
15-01-2014, 10:21 AM
I was going to say how will you pay for him but then I remembered you got £20 million for Hughes.

Trickytreesreds
15-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Think we should put a cheeky bid in for Lascelles, it would be a dream move for him. After all he is a Rams fan!

All your bids are cheeky, cos it's well known that GSE are tighter than a nuns chuff.
However, find yourself 15m and you're in with a shout.

edited before the sad pies punctuation police hand cuff me.

Romanis
15-01-2014, 01:28 PM

All your bids are cheeky, cos it's well known that GSE are tighter than a nuns chuff.
However, find yourself 15m and you're in with a shout.

edited before the sad pies punctuation police hand cuff me.[/quote]

We may well be rivals with Derby, but 1 thing's for certain, we'll never have to worry about getting in a bidding war with them. >:)