PDA

View Full Version : Goalkeeper anybody

dosser1
13-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Always good to debate a problem when going well,we must get a decent keeper in this month .The big man came back in on Saturday and although he had a clean sheet his attempts at cross balls were woeful his attempts gave Hearts encouragement in the second half.Wee Dan did great for us but he is not the answer to our problem surely SM has contacts down south to get us a decent keeper for the rest of the season ?

elf
13-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Problem is...we can't afford any more wages! Couldn't get rid of McHugh because teams had too many on loan already.
It will come back and bite us this will!!!!!!

mix106
13-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Always good to debate a problem when going well,we must get a decent keeper in this month .The big man came back in on Saturday and although he had a clean sheet his attempts at cross balls were woeful his attempts gave Hearts encouragement in the second half.Wee Dan did great for us but he is not the answer to our problem surely SM has contacts down south to get us a decent keeper for the rest of the season ?

Nelson's judgement is utterly woeful. He starts to come then stops mid way and makes up the attackers mind for them. Then when he decides to commit himself fully he is left wanting. He repeated exactly the same error on Saturday as he did against St Johnstone at Perth, he came running out along the bye line to pick up a through ball to the Hearts forward only to be at least 3yards behind the Hearts striker in terms of pace. The defence cleared his Fpuck up on this occasion but against St Johnstone he lost the goal. His positi

meister1991
13-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Sieb Sieb Sieb Sieb Sieb Sieb Sieb Sieb Sieb Sieb Sieb Sieb

failing that id stick Gordon Marshall back in goal. What must he think coaching Hollis and Neilson ?

wellin
13-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Yes, got to agree. I think we need a new goalie because i just don't think neilsen is the answer. His attempt to deal with stevensons cross which hit the bar was woeful.He totally misjudged the flight of the ball. Yes it was a tricky one but if he was underneath it he could have pushed it over the bar. No doubt he'l have a lot more to deal with on saturday.

sieb1886
13-01-2014, 09:38 PM
I hear you meister, but I'm way too old these days.
As for Gunnar Neilson ... more like bluddy Gunnar Pike out of Dad's Army ! :(

dasdeid
14-01-2014, 10:50 PM
What did McCall see in him to ignore others and offer Nielson a contract ?
Somebody must have advised a wise investment .. Marshall (a procurer of phuds) :/

FirParkCapeTown
15-01-2014, 08:18 AM
My missus is from The Faroe Islands and she hides her eyes every time a ball is crossed into our area. The Faroese don't rate Gunnar either, best of a bad bunch.

I agree we are stuck with Gunnar for financial reasons until season end and although he is a decent shot stopper, he will make further errors of judgement.

McCall did say he knows nothing about keepers, leaving that to Marshall. Methinks he needs to take a lot more interest

Northfield53
15-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Lee Robinson would do a great job for you.
He was our keeper last season at Queen of the South.
Free agent just now but is having a trial at Carlisle just now.

Wellup4it
21-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Our young lads beat their Dunfermline counterparts tonight 2-1 with Leitch and Moore scoring. However young keeper Ross Stewart made a blunder for the Pars goal. Maybe that's why SM is a tad reluctant to blood him in the first team at the moment.

Gowboy
21-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Daily Record says we might be looking at a loan keeper: "with keeper Antonio Reguero unable to break into the Kilmarnock team after his move from Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Motherwell could be his next port of call, with Stuart McCall preparing a loan bid for the Spaniard."

Wellup4it
21-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Senor Reguero was a bit hit or miss with ICT. He was known for making a string of blunders.

Sup3rw3ll
22-01-2014, 12:01 AM
its a bit crazy to think that the team are lining up their fourth keeper this season, yet find themselves in 3rd spot with a chance to go 2nd on Saturday.. and have a game in hand!

Either, the quality of the league is really poor or we have a much better team that we give credit for? At this rate, i wouldn't be surprised if the next winner of the cash converters challenge gets a go in goals! XD

Davie1972
24-01-2014, 01:30 PM
After successfully recovering from a cataract operation, my mum is free on Saturday to go in goal. Her car is in the garage at the moment so maybe Gunnar could give her a lift or she could get the bus.

Seriously, we need somebody in the window, let's hope it's somebody decent!

skippy91
25-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Unless a team forks out serious money, which everyone knows we don't have, then every signing is a gamble regardless of form at previous clubs. Looks like we have no option but to stick with Tailgunnar Neilson for the remainder. We can not drop a young keeper into the team.

Wellup4it
25-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Looks like we have no option but to stick with Tailgunnar Neilson for the remainder. We can not drop a young keeper into the team.

After watching Tuesday evening's Under 20 encounter against Dunfermline I would agree with you.

Not ideal but what can you do?