PDA

View Full Version : Ahmed Fathy anyone?

Mitesh
13-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Link: - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9114857/transfer-news-nottingham-forest-interested-in-al-ahly-defender-ahmed-fathy)

Romanis
13-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Nah, I'd prefer the Trezeguet guy over him, if it really came to signing an Egyptian.

Manofpride
13-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Link:

Ahmed Fathy was at Billys house. On the doorbell it said toot and come in! XD

Simp1
13-01-2014, 06:40 PM
He's a centre half isn't he?so will he come for cover for the injured Hobbs,or as a replacement!,that is the question.

essexred52
13-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Link:

Ahmed Fathy was at Billys house. On the doorbell it said toot and come in! XD[/quote] PMSL superb XD

tricky1972
13-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Never heard of him until today, so I don't really have a view one way or the other.

Just hope the club doesn't spend too much time or money on this one, at the expense of a player that knows the league and can make a difference straight away.

UpTheRams1884
13-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Fathy XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Polish_ForestMad
13-01-2014, 09:19 PM
dont get it?have i missed something?

Elite_Pie
13-01-2014, 09:29 PM
dont get it?have i missed something?[/quote]

He's probaly thinking that if BD shouted "give it to Fathy" they would probably pass it to Andy Reid.

Polish_ForestMad
13-01-2014, 09:32 PM
well seeing as its not pronounced like that i very much doubt it.

Mansfield_Blade
13-01-2014, 09:35 PM
He's a centre half isn't he?so will he come for cover for the injured Hobbs,or as a replacement!,that is the question.

When he played for Sheffield United he played Right Midfield, it was said that he could also play Right Back, but I can't see him playing as a centre back!

essexred52
13-01-2014, 09:37 PM

He's probaly thinking that if BD shouted "give it to Fathy" they would probably pass it to Andy Reid.[/quote] Andy Reid has more heart than your whole team put together :P I recon Reidy could be championship player of the year B)

Elite_Pie
13-01-2014, 09:56 PM

He's probaly thinking that if BD shouted "give it to Fathy" they would probably pass it to Andy Reid.[/quote] Andy Reid has more heart than your whole team put together :P I recon Reidy could be championship player of the year B)[/quote]

You could have pulled me up on a spelling error there es***, I got 'probably' wrong in my post. Did you make one as well? Surely you meant "Andy Reid has more arse than your whole team put together".

Polish_ForestMad
13-01-2014, 10:00 PM
no he just missed problems after the word heart.

dazzared60
14-01-2014, 01:34 AM

When he played for Sheffield United he played Right Midfield, it was said that he could also play Right Back, but I can't see him playing as a centre back![/quote]

A lot of bad information flying around at the moment. I don't believe the rumour and until the club state an interest I will take it with a pinch of salt.

Doesn't look much of a player to me. Fawaz and Billy have been talking about quality and he doesn't represent that.

essexred52
14-01-2014, 07:02 PM
We bid for the player today apparently and it was rejected.

UpTheRams1884
14-01-2014, 09:14 PM
We bid for the player today apparently and it was rejected. PMSL.

tricky1972
14-01-2014, 10:11 PM
We bid for the player today apparently and it was rejected. PMSL.[/quote]

Sorry to hear about your incontinence

Romanis
15-01-2014, 01:44 PM
We bid for the player today apparently and it was rejected.

Can't say I'm dejected. There's always question marks on whether Arabian players (altho Egypt is in Africa, it's considered part of the Arabic diaspora), can function well in the English league.

They seem to struggle in the colder months and have a hard time adapting to the rigours of the English game. Plus lower tier footy requires a lot of graft, thus far no Arabian has really impressed consistently.

Perhaps it needs someone to be the 1st, however I don't necessarily want Forest to be the trendsetters. Too much of a risk, and we're not yet a Prem club, thus cannot afford to have extras for every position or have players signed only to be benched.