PDA

View Full Version : Pre match at City

accyrover
13-01-2014, 06:35 PM
5 of us going over with one lad on driving duty. Never been City before so don't know what to expect pre match but setting off nice and early.

Anyone have any suggestions of where to get a beer?

bigmoon
13-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Around the ground there are not too many away friendly pubs. You could try the Townley as that's where I have been in the past. If you don't have colours on you could try Mary D's, all they play in there is Stone Roses, Oasis and anything of the ilk. Very home orientated though. I dont know if the Eastlands Bar is still open but I went in there a few years back and all the girls behind the bar were wearing City boob-tubes and hot pants. Nice. :D

City fans don't really mind us that much, so as long as you ain't a dickhead, you should be alright. The pubs mentioned above I went in without colours, but I saw people with colours on.

Davhor
13-01-2014, 09:18 PM
5 of us going over with one lad on driving duty. Never been City before so don't know what to expect pre match but setting off nice and early.

Anyone have any suggestions of where to get a beer?

Acco me owd cocker, I shall have meanful words with the Citeh lads at work and let you know if there is anywhere new to visitors available. ;D

needle
13-01-2014, 09:24 PM
What about parking , any advice anyone . I`ve heard official car parks are a tenner !

seventwo
13-01-2014, 09:39 PM
It's a bit rough round Maine Road ...

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 09:46 PM

I remember a guy parking a Merc way there and he was told that it was a daft place to park. He had a Rotwieller in the car and arrogantly said that he was sure his car would be fine. He got back to find the back window bricked and a cat had been chucked in. It was a bit of a mess to say the least!

Stan_van_nel
13-01-2014, 09:48 PM

It certainly is.

Although if he ends up around that area then Accy's early drinky poos has seriously got out of hand and he's properly well toasted.

seventwo
13-01-2014, 09:54 PM

I remember a guy parking a Merc way there and he was told that it was a daft place to park. He had a Rotwieller in the car and arrogantly said that he was sure his car would be fine. He got back to find the back window bricked and a cat had been chucked in. It was a bit of a mess to say the least![/quote]

When I heard that one it was at Anfield and the kids asked if the dog could put out fires.

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 10:03 PM

I remember a guy parking a Merc way there and he was told that it was a daft place to park. He had a Rotwieller in the car and arrogantly said that he was sure his car would be fine. He got back to find the back window bricked and a cat had been chucked in. It was a bit of a mess to say the least![/quote]

When I heard that one it was at Anfield and the kids asked if the dog could put out fires.[/quote]

This one's not an urban legend, it's the real deal. I saw the aftermath and it was disgusting. The earlier bit may have been b0llocks about him parking, as I was told that bit. It was after gig Debbie's brother dragged me to on free ticket because his mate had dropped out, not a footy match. Don't think the car owner was at the gig, don't how long he'd parked up for. It was rough sh1thole though, I remembe

Davhor
14-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Ok Accers. Mary Ds is about your best bet for some scoops and as for parking, I'm told it's ok near the Chinese supermarket on Oldham Rd. There is a school near the ground too where it's a fiver to park.

accyrover
15-01-2014, 01:26 AM
Cheers for the tips lads. With over 4000 tickets sold for the away end I'm sure we won't be on our own tracking down a pint!

COYB

Quickenthetempo
15-01-2014, 10:11 AM
How many tickets were City willingly allowing you for this fixture? Is it 20%, 25% of the ground capacity in the F.A Cup or do the big clubs just make it up?

BenBRFC
15-01-2014, 01:54 PM
I think 15% is the minimum

we were originally allocated 2800 but has increased due to demand...

Brilliant following to a game that is televised on a cold Wednesday night.

COYB

w11ons
15-01-2014, 03:21 PM
hi guys.

you can park on mary'ds itself, I think its 7 quid. most are a fiver but a couple are tenner (robbing gets). you could pop in there for a beer, without colours though.we the fans are sound but the doorstaff wont let you in.a better idea is the waldorf near Piccadilly station. always good in there for home and away fans. its 5 mins by taxi (A?5) to the ground or the tram stops right across the road. buuls head further down is also sound along with KRO bar in Piccadilly itself.do nice food in there.