PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Traore yet

Norfolkammer
13-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Anybody heard anything yet?

SwearryThierry53
13-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Still dragging on... - view external link (http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/38307-west-ham-sweat-it-out-over-traore.php#.UtRH7v1VMws)

dagenhamJohn
13-01-2014, 08:11 PM
all that i know..

West Ham United will have to sweat it out until later this afternoon or even tomorrow morning before they know whether they have landed their number one striker target Lacina Traore on loan.

Manager Sam Allardyce was at the London work permit hearing over lunchtime pleading the 6ft 8in Monaco striker’s case as a special talent and why he should be allowed to join us.

Two sources at the club revealed independently that the likely outcome would be known in the morning with a remote chance they could hear before then.

We will continue to monitor the situation and bring you news as soon as it breaks from the club.

Meanwhile, SportsDirect News can confirm that talks into the possibility of taking Joleon Lescott from Manchester City with an option to buy at the end of the season are continuing.

The player’s wages are under discussion along with the club's need to get him in immediately whilst City want him to leave nearer the end of the transfer window.

mrc
13-01-2014, 08:54 PM
i here that pellegrini says no

palerider
14-01-2014, 07:29 AM
I hear that Kenwyne Jones is high on the radar if the permit's refused.

SwearryThierry53
14-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Update... - view external link (http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/38363-west-ham-news-traore-looking-likely.php#.UtVCBP1VMws)

Tone_Loc
14-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Update...
"Looking Likely"... which means that the deal will probably fall through tomorrow ;) !!

For me, the ideal scenario would be to bring in Traore and keep Carlty which will probably mean selling/loaning Maiga.

We know from past dealings that Allardyce doesn't like throwing in a new player straight away and what with Carroll not being fully fit, it would make sense to keep Cole.

But then what will both Cole and Traore be thinking now that Carroll is approaching fitness?? 3 months on the bench perhaps?
This is the situation that Allardyce has landed himself in by so publicly stating SUCH reliance on Carroll.

We'll see !!

PDGPaul
14-01-2014, 03:53 PM
I think we all know that you cannot have too many.options in key positions. What with injuries, suspensions and the need for variation and competition within the squad. I also think it is a massive mistake for Allardice to refer to strikers as back up for Carroll. Rather that they will be picked on form and fitness levels.

bazwillrun
14-01-2014, 04:42 PM
By the time we get him he will have have grown to 6ft 9" !!

Taansend
14-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Just been looking at his games from the past 12 months. He's only completed 90 minutes TWICE since January last year. He started 3 other times but was subbed & came on as a sub 4 other occasions. This is for club & country *

Looks like it will take him a while to get match fit should we sign him.

* - according to ESPNFC.com

SwearryThierry53
14-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Has Greg Dyke f.ucked this up for us? :s :blue: - view external link (http://www.claretandhugh.info/traore-ins-and-outs-of-his-work-permit-hearing/)

Taansend
14-01-2014, 09:40 PM
All over Twitter that it's good & he's signed for the rest of the season.

claretribbon
15-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Daily Mail reports all clear to sign: - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2538771/Lacina-Traore-granted-work-permit-ahead-six-month-loan-deal-West-Ham.htm)

rednekst
15-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Great news all round.

Three main strikers and two wide players in the squad.

Just get the defence sorted and we should go from strength to strength.

gill1948
15-01-2014, 11:48 AM
well I read that Collins will be back on Saturday and reid should be back for Chelsea and Tomkins after his ban so with carlton signing an 18 month extension and Traore having his medical today things are at last looking up

NordicMonkey
15-01-2014, 12:24 PM
In Carroll, Traore and C.Cole we would have over 6 metres of striking force. XD

mrbubbles
15-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Hearing he has a hamstring injury that's what all the delay has been about.

FFS.

dagenhamJohn
15-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Hearing he has a hamstring injury that's what all the delay has been about.

FFS.no news anywhere on this 1 mate, usually something trickles thru!

bonzosbest74
15-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Nothing on the official site or Sky so I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

bones
15-01-2014, 07:36 PM
let hope its true. - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2538771/Lacina-Traore-granted-work-permit-ahead-six-month-loan-deal-West-Ham.htm)

palerider
16-01-2014, 02:35 PM
While it appears that the work permit has been granted, although nothing official, I don't think Traore has agreed terms yet. There's also the medical, international clearance and the fact that he hasn't played since October making me think that this isn't such a great deal after all.

Allardyce was not at his usual press conference today with McDonald saying he was on 'transfer business'

Rickie Lambert ?

Probably better business for the immediate future if over-priced. I think it may also be West Ham stalling on the Traore deal if one for Lambert is a go-er.

mickyj
16-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Is it only me who is thinking that maybe it's us who is holding the deal up now things could be moving along regarding a certain Rickie Lambert ?

Hammerman69
17-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Hammers ‘hurry up’ on Traore
Posted by Hugh5outhon1895 on January 17, 2014 in Features, Whispers

TraoreWe’ve had a couple of well placed people ring us this afternoon with news of the Lacina Trahore loan situation.

It seems that despite all the well publicised and so called “problems” over fitness and injury, the club are looking to get things sorted by perhaps as early as next Monday.

The facts are that the guy is on a pre-season break from the Russian League ahead of joining Monaco and thus isn’t up to speed as far as PL fitness levels are concerned …but there’s no injury worry!

The second call we received said the club was confident of doing a deal at around £45,000 a week or just over half a million quid for the three months.

News leaked out of Saints this afternoon that no player will be allowed out of the club in January which appeared to end any chance of us landing Ricky lambert thus adding urgency to the Traore situation - [url=http://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers-hurry-

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Talksport are reporting that we've stalled on the deal whilst looking at other options and Everton have now approached Traore now Jelavic has left.

His work permit was approved Tues morning.

JimmyV66
17-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Here we go again. XD XD

garycee
17-01-2014, 07:01 PM
We're 1/5 at Skybet to sign Lambert which is a bit weird considering the saints have come out today and said they won't be selling anyone.

Bookies always right???
Who knows?

KetterinHammer
17-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Talksport are reporting that we've stalled on the deal whilst looking at other options and Everton have now approached Traore now Jelavic has left.

His work permit was approved Tues morning.How many loan players can the PL have? the Blue Half of The City of Thieves already have Lukaku

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 07:41 PM

His work permit was approved Tues morning.How many loan players can the PL have? the Blue Half of The City of Thieves already have Lukaku[/quote]

Maximum 2 from other premier Lg clubs, not sure on the amount from overseas because it was changed recently due to Watford having 17 from Udinese & Granada. XD

BillyDWhizz
17-01-2014, 09:06 PM

His work permit was approved Tues morning.

Nah Everton would surely have to wait 3 or 4 months before they can apply for a work permit so I'd reckon that's all bull.

BillyDWhizz
17-01-2014, 09:09 PM
"Work permits are issued under the Home Office Points Based System for the 2013/14 season.

Following the successful work permit appeal hearing West Ham United became the sponsor of the playerd on the work permit – Lacina Traore.

This is not transferable without the permission of the club and the Home Office. The club would need to submit a change of employment application to Home Office to change details on the work permit.

Any other club would not be able to make a fresh work permit appeal as rules forbid hearing appeals for the same player within a four month period."

dagenhamJohn
17-01-2014, 09:11 PM
[quote="BillyDWhizz"Work permits are issued under the Home Office Points Based System for the 2013/14 season.

Following the successful work permit appeal hearing West Ham United became the sponsor of the playerd on the work permit a?? Lacina Traore.

This is not transferable without the permission of the club and the Home Office. The club would need to submit a change of employment application to Home Office to change details on the work permit.

Any other club would not be able to make a fresh work permit appeal as rules forbid hearing appeals for the same player within a four month period."[/quote]ever thought of working for WHU? you seem to know more than they do! XD

BillyDWhizz
17-01-2014, 10:37 PM
XD XD They could do with me behind the scenes. We wouldn't look like mugs all the time!! Seems no one at our club seems to check anything before blurting stuff out..I could be the official WHUFC Googler! 60k a year SuGo and I'm all yours!

I'll take a pay cut coz I love the club so much!!!!XD XD

Tone_Loc
17-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Rumours now spreading that Everton are looking to hijack the deal.

Edit : Just read some of the above posts. XD X-D

FFS..."Tone's hot-off-the-press news once again"

GARNETT
18-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Apparently, the reason why we havn`t processed the paperwork is because we are worried about a hamstring injury he suffered a month ago.

Makes sense.

mickyj
18-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Well unfortunately it seems that reports are correct and he is Joining Everton.
So no Traore, no Lambert as Southampton have said they are selling none of their squad...anyone still think we should be wasting our time getting fecking work permits sorted out for players only for them to be snatched under our noses ?

18th Jan now Sugo lovers...tick tock. XD

bazwillrun
18-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Same old West Ham

makes you wonder how we actually get any players at all...oh I see , the ones we get for the most part are desperate and come to us as a last resort because nobody else wants them...fair enough

GARNETT
18-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Well unfortunately it seems that reports are correct and he is Joining Everton.
So no Traore, no Lambert as Southampton have said they are selling none of their squad...anyone still think we should be wasting our time getting fecking work permits sorted out for players only for them to be snatched under our noses ?

18th Jan now Sugo lovers...tick tock. XD

I`m trying to work out how its the Directors fault, if the c unt doesn`t want to play for us f uck him, they did the same re Jelavic, f uck him too.
Lets get someone in who wants to play for US not the yankee dollar.

I`M OFF TO THE GAME
COYI`s

mickyj
18-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Because it points back to the same argument as to why , when we have been so desperate for a striker are we going after people where there is such a big risk involved ? I would feel differently if we were just looking for squad players but we need another quality striker and QUICK. And we have needed one since the last transfer window. This is probably going to be West Hams most important transfer window for many a year if not ever because of the proposed move coming up.
It's pretty clear this fella was our number 1 target and now with the transfer window over halfway through it's collapsed.

Sorry but a new striker should have been signed within days of that window opening as we have had plenty of time to sort one out seeing as they have admitted themselves that it was a mistake not signing another striker in the last window...oh but wait we had a new one arriving within 48 hours of this window opening didn't we...wonder who/where he is.

HammerJammer
18-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Not sure how the board can win with some of the commenters here. They are holding back on this deal because of an injury concern, and in the meantime others are showing an interest. If the guy signs for us and spends the rest of the season in the physio room, then the board will get slagged off for signing an injury-prone player. If he signs for someone else and does well, then the board will get an earful for not signing him when we had the chance.

Nobody really knows whether this player can adapt to the PL game at all. You find out as much as you can and then you take or pass up your chances.

All of you Masters of Hindsight need to stop carping and recognise that staffing decisions are justified by what you know in advance, and not by how things turn out weeks or months later.

mickyj
18-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Not sure how the board can win with some of the commenters here. They are holding back on this deal because of an injury concern, and in the meantime others are showing an interest. If the guy signs for us and spends the rest of the season in the physio room, then the board will get slagged off for signing an injury-prone player. If he signs for someone else and does well, then the board will get an earful for not signing him when we had the chance.

Nobody really knows whether this player can adapt to the PL game at all. You find out as much as you can and then you take or pass up your chances.

All of you Masters of Hindsight need to stop carping and recognise that staffing decisions are justified by what you know in advance, and not by how things turn out weeks or months later.But nobody can still answer the question as to why we still have no new striker considering how much time we have had to work on bringing one in , thi

BillyDWhizz
18-01-2014, 01:28 PM
So basically we did all the leg work and then willingly gifted a world class striker to Everton. Kenywne Jones it is for us then.

UNF.UCKINBELIEVABLE!! Just when we thought we couldn't get f.ucked over any more..They (SuGo & Fat Sam) dangle the carrot of a decent striker in front of us for WEEKS only to pull it away at the eleventh hour and replace it with a turd.

I can hear the conversation now "Don't worry lads..We will get the fans (who are really unimportant anyway) excited with the proposition of a genuine striker and defender and at the last minute replace them with some dog sh.it from Wolves and Jones or Yakubu...They will be well chuffed with that trust me!"

(unts of the highest magnitude. Why bother with all the bullsh.it? Just tell us from the start how it's going to be in the transfer window. Don't get everyone expectations up and then take us for total mugs.

F.uck you for that WHUFC.

mickyj
18-01-2014, 02:20 PM
That seems to be about the just of it mate yes and for those that are backing Sugo just remember who Kenwyne jones was being heavily linked with before they steped in and snatched Traore...yep you guessed it those very Nice Toffes...you just know what's comming , welcome to the circus that is West Ham mr Kenwyne Jones and don't forget to turn up with your fecking clowns feet for training. >:( >:(

mrbubbles
18-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Im facking p.ssed off with all this merry go round sh.t.

Tone_Loc
18-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Not sure how the board can win with some of the commenters here. They are holding back on this deal because of an injury concern, and in the meantime others are showing an interest.

Time will tell on this one. Who/What's the source regarding the ankle injury?
But my gut feeling is that Everton will sign him and we'll see him in their team happily within the next few weeks.

And we'll still be here scratching our chins!

Really hope i'm wrong but my feelings are based on previous transfer windows...which we hardly have "form" do we?

That said... that's the last i'll say on the matter today.
Must get behind the lads at 3pm.

COYI !!!!!!!!!!

herbiehammer
18-01-2014, 02:37 PM
If we do sign him and he is out for at least a month as reports are suggesting then most of the members that have replied to this thread will be shouting WTF have we signed another injured player. We signed Carroll under those conditions and look at the sh1t the board got for that.
IF the stories are true about him being able to join Everton then I will be more p'ed off with Everton than our board as well as the player. If a team comes which have a fighting chance to be in the champions league or a team that is fighting with relegation what team would win the signature of any player.
I know its a tough dilemma :?
Champions League or relegation fight hmmm toughie

bonzosbest74
18-01-2014, 03:50 PM
If we do sign him and he is out for at least a month as reports are suggesting then most of the members that have replied to this thread will be shouting WTF have we signed another injured player. We signed Carroll under those conditions and look at the sh1t the board got for that.
IF the stories are true about him being able to join Everton then I will be more p'ed off with Everton than our board as well as the player. If a team comes which have a fighting chance to be in the champions league or a team that is fighting with relegation what team would win the signature of any player.

You wait 8 weeks and then post that >:(

herbiehammer
18-01-2014, 04:17 PM

You wait 8 weeks and then post that >:([/quote]
8 weeks of reading doom and gloom, I can call my ex up if I want that little reminder

mickyj
18-01-2014, 04:47 PM
But HH it still Dosent answer the question which many of us are asking ...why after knowing how long we have needed a striker are we still sitting here without one ? Remember it was our god like chairman that said themselves that it was a mistake not signing one in the last window.
Did we know that Monaco were going to be signing this fella all those months ago so thought hold on we will wait for that deal and then grab the lad on loan .

I very much doubt it so what the feck have we been doing in all that time ?

palerider
18-01-2014, 05:10 PM
But HH it still Dosent answer the question which many of us are asking ...why after knowing how long we have needed a striker are we still sitting here without one ? Remember it was our god like chairman that said themselves that it was a mistake not signing one in the last window.
Did we know that Monaco were going to be signing this fella all those months ago so thought hold on we will wait for that deal and then grab the lad on loan .

I very much doubt it so what the feck have we been doing in all that time ?

Traore isn't the one to save us anyway. No I didn't go today and I'm taking the word of Charlie Nicholas but we were undone by a player who Allardyce wouldn't play. He ran the show, scored twice and had what we lack in midfield...class.

By all accounts we should have been 4 down before we get an own goal and although we had a couple of chances to equalise, Newcastle were pretty comfortable with Allardyce favouring the hoof

JimmyV66
18-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Allardyce admited after the game that the Traore deal is dead and he is most likely to end up at Everton.

Where is Wellington when you need him. :s

mickyj
18-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Oh dear. :blue:

Still I suppose we haven't had much time to sort a new striker have we. >:( >:( - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2541832/West-Ham-transfers-Lacina-Traore-unlikely-sign-West-Ham-Everton-lay-wait)

dagenhamJohn
18-01-2014, 10:17 PM
he is not signing for us,
deal= dead as a dodo! :)

bonzosbest74
18-01-2014, 10:25 PM
It's one farce after another in terms of recruitment.

It's not enough to suggest that players won't sign because we're in the bottom three. . . . . . .. . how did QPR manage to sign Remy, Samba & Townsend when they were 20th last season? Did Remy not turn down other clubs who were mid table? YES.

The reason QPR could bring players in was because 1: They paid the money and 2:Redknapp & Fernandes were persuasive, likeable and made them feel wanted.

We might pay the money but as we've seen with the Heitinger & Traore deals Alardyce & Silkman just can't get the deals over the line.

As for the injury? Pfft, I'll have a A£10 bet (if anyone wants to take me up on it) for the Bobby Moore trust that if Traore signs for Everton he plays within 3 games.

There's no long term injury, we've just ****ed up another deal.

Passtheball
18-01-2014, 10:45 PM
As I posted before we talk to players but once they meet our dinosaur of a manager they give it what the **** is this **** about. No decent player will want to play for BFS

mickyj
18-01-2014, 11:03 PM
It's one farce after another in terms of recruitment.

It's not enough to suggest that players won't sign because we're in the bottom three. . . . . . .. . how did QPR manage to sign Remy, Samba & Townsend when they were 20th last season? Did Remy not turn down other clubs who were mid table? YES.

The reason QPR could bring players in was because 1: They paid the money and 2:Redknapp & Fernandes were persuasive, likeable and made them feel wanted.

We might pay the money but as we've seen with the Heitinger & Traore deals Alardyce & Silkman just can't get the deals over the line.

As for the injury? Pfft, I'll have a AA?10 bet (if anyone wants to take me up on it) for the Bobby Moore trust that if Traore signs for Everton he plays within 3 games.

There's no long term injury, we've just ****ed up another deal.Of course there is no injury mate it's a load of made up b0ll0x and I tell you what I bet he is in the next Ever

JimmyV66
18-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Seems he has not only joined Everton and will be revealed on Moday night when they take on WBA but he has also been offered an option to stay with Everton for next season aswell.

We only wanted him for the rest of this season.

No shock really that he chose top 4 chasing Everton rather than relegation facing West Ham.

3 weeks wasted chasing him.

mickyj
18-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Seems he has not only joined Everton and will be revealed on Moday night when they take on WBA but he has also been offered an option to stay with Everton for next season aswell.

We only wanted him for the rest of this season.

No shock really that he chose top 4 chasing Everton rather than relegation facing West Ham.

3 weeks wasted chasing him.Did some of us on here yesterday not say this would be a waste of time and were shot down in flames over it ?

bonzosbest74
18-01-2014, 11:29 PM
We keep losing out on players though.

I mean for it to happen once would be a shame, twice is a coincidence but 3,4,5 + times is definitely a trend. Even Grant was able to persuade Ba & Reid to reject other clubs and join us.

If the board ain't going to sack Sam then they need a Chief Exec who knows football (David Dein would be my choice) to get these deals done.

Can you actually imagine looking across the negotiating table and seeing Barry Silkman, Sam Allardyce and a midget in a Russian Generals costume staring back at you? FFS XD

mickyj
18-01-2014, 11:49 PM
XD XD XD XD XD