PDA

View Full Version : Is Rhodes going down the road ?

essexred52
13-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Early rumours suggest Rhodes will be gone within days. How much is he worth in your eyes, forest fan in peace :heart:

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 11:13 PM
I doubt he'd be sold at a loss, so I'd say he's worth less than any club will have to pay for him. That said, he can score goals. But that really is about it, (until last Saturday when he got his 1st assist). And he's cup tied XD

essexred52
13-01-2014, 11:18 PM
I doubt he'd be sold at a loss, so I'd say he's worth less than any club will have to pay for him. That said, he can score goals. But that really is about it, (until last Saturday when he got his 1st assist). And he's cup tied XD We have been linked to him but can't see it, the asking price may be to much for us at this level, what's the rumours surrounding him from your end ?

alfinyalcabo
13-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Rovers could trade him in for "Big Bucks".. :)

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 11:26 PM
We have been linked to him but can't see it, the asking price may be to much for us at this level, what's the rumours surrounding him from your end ?

Non really, aside from the usual from Rovers in any transfer window, which is if the offer is high enough and the player wants to go, then that's it. Just done a quick internet search and only the lower online 'publications' say Forest are interested. But my opinion of him is that he's a blessing and a curse. He's a lethal finisher, but not much of a footballer. He can score from nothing and win you games, but if he doesn't, you've effectively played with 10 men all game, when maybe it would have been better to play with 11.

Stan_van_nel
13-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Aww, little bottling bawling Billy is pleading for some money to spend.

He just can't cope with his small inadequate squad.

A penny for poor Billy.

DanRrr
13-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Just found this from a more respected source than 'Sports Mole.'

Edit: "But Bowyer insists the prolific marksman is staying put, saying: "Jordan Rhodes isn't for sale.

"I was never very good at maths but we paid £8m for him, then he goes and scores the most goals in the calendar year - more than Luis Suarez - and yet he is still valued at £8m.

"That doesn't quite add up to me - but then again I'm no Carol Vorderman!"

XD - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/9105738/transfer-news-blackburn-will-consider-offers-for-some-players-but-say-jordan)

bigmoon
14-01-2014, 06:00 AM
[quote="DanRrr"I was never very good at maths but we paid A?8m for him, then he goes and scores the most goals in the calendar year - more than Luis Suarez - and yet he is still valued at A?8m.

"That doesn't quite add up to me - but then again I'm no Carol Vorderman!"

XD[/quote]

XD

Does one sense a hint of sarcasm?

DanRrr
14-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Maybe just a touch ;D

champs95
14-01-2014, 10:37 AM
I doubt he'd be sold at a loss, so I'd say he's worth less than any club will have to pay for him. That said, he can score goals. But that really is about it, (until last Saturday when he got his 1st assist). And he's cup tied XD We have been linked to him but can't see it, the asking price may be to much for us at this level, what's the rumours surrounding him from your end ?[/quote]

He won't be going to Forest. He will want to step up in his career, so that completely rules you out.
It's simple, it was the same in the summer. If we get a silly offer from a Prem club then he may go. But I can't see anyone spending that kind of money on him. So he won't. Every striker we are linked with, that goes elsewhere tells me we are keeping him. Wells went to Hudds as we didn't make an offer.
Good players attract attention. Goal scorers attract the most.

seventwo
14-01-2014, 12:53 PM
As long as he takes Saxo with him who cares, and the sooner the better! B)

dazzared60
14-01-2014, 12:55 PM
I doubt he'd be sold at a loss, so I'd say he's worth less than any club will have to pay for him. That said, he can score goals. But that really is about it, (until last Saturday when he got his 1st assist). And he's cup tied XD

Considering the original A?8 million fee was made up primarily with add-ons what do you consider a fair price
would be?

dazzared60
14-01-2014, 01:01 PM
I doubt he'd be sold at a loss, so I'd say he's worth less than any club will have to pay for him. That said, he can score goals. But that really is about it, (until last Saturday when he got his 1st assist). And he's cup tied XD We have been linked to him but can't see it, the asking price may be to much for us at this level, what's the rumours surrounding him from your end ?[/quote]

The problem is the way Blackburn are bigging up the A?8 million when they haven't paid that amount.
Although know one except the club know the details I suspect that maybe A?6 mill was paid over a period of time with add-ons related to Blackburn returning to the premiership and maybe a goals bonus.

If they were offered A?8 million cash then that would represent a profit and should expect there will be a sell on clause that would have an undisclosed amount going to Huddersfield

seventwo
14-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Although no one except the club know the details

Yes you are right! >;)

champs95
14-01-2014, 02:11 PM

The problem is the way Blackburn are bigging up the A?8 million when they haven't paid that amount.
Although know one except the club know the details I suspect that maybe A?6 mill was paid over a period of time with add-ons related to Blackburn returning to the premiership and maybe a goals bonus.

If they were offered A?8 million cash then that would represent a profit and should expect there will be a sell on clause that would have an undisclosed

DanRrr
14-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Considering the original A?8 million fee was made up primarily with add-ons what do you consider a fair price
would be?

The money in football is beyond stupid, so there is no such thing as a 'fair price' these days.

However, due to the fleecing of the club by SEM and its cronies as a result to a huge abuse of trust of the their relationship with our rookie, clueless owners; we are likely to face a massive fine or transfer embargo anyway. So whereas Rhodes staying has the potential value of A?40m, him leaving for 8 or 9 milion won't make a huge difference to the FFP penalties due to a wage bill that must be at least quarter of a million a month for bunch of players with no desire, that our manager doesn't want to play. So I'd say Forest would have offer a price that would both help reduce the FFP penalties and fund a like replacement before they would even discuss a possible transfer.

essexred52
14-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Thx for your replies, oh btw 3-1 forest :P

DanRrr
14-01-2014, 09:06 PM

Jordan Rhodes hatrick?

XD

BenBRFC
14-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Rhodes, if sold (he won't be) should be for at least 14 million

Before you laugh, Andy Carroll went for 35 :)

faither
15-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Hi, Saints fan here in peace. I have been wondering how English people view guys like Rhodes who choose to play for another country - without much success in his case - but continue to play in your league.
I`m sure the vast majority of folk would never dream of doing something like that, other than for financial gain, and I thoroughly disapprove of this myself.
Good luck in tonights game against Manchester.

rigger
15-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Hi, Saints fan here in peace. I have been wondering how English people view guys like Rhodes who choose to play for another country - without much success in his case - but continue to play in your league.
I`m sure the vast majority of folk would never dream of doing something like that, other than for financial gain, and I thoroughly disapprove of this myself.

Have you seen how many foreign nationals play in our leagues

champs95
15-01-2014, 02:48 PM

He qualifies to play for Scotland. And has not represented England at any level. So why disapprove?
I take exeption to clubs like Saints who hire average at best Argentianian managers, who dont add anything to our league. Its bad enough to get the best. So im at a loss why clubs like yours make such a choice hiring average foreign.
Being British, like Rhodes isnt exactly foreign, like an argentiain eg.

faither
15-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Sorry i should have made it clearer, its St Mirren I support. The point is that Rhodes, and others like him, is English and should never be playing for Scotland. Whats up with his own country?
Lol, the bit about Argentine managers has me baffled though.

DanRrr
15-01-2014, 03:58 PM
St Mirrent to Southampton is some distance!!!

Back to the non OP. This goes on all the time as humans migrate. Personally I could have played for England, Northern Ireland or Brazil, (in fact it was only lack of talent that held back my international Brazilian career). But I know many of you Scots tend to be more jingoistic and nationalistic than most and that the south of boarder in particular gets right up your nose. Shame really, as these boundary lines are man made and don't occur in nature.

If Rhodes dyed his hair ginger would that help? XD

alfinyalcabo
15-01-2014, 05:35 PM
Why would anybody want to play football for Scotland.? especially an Englishman.

champs95
15-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Sorry i should have made it clearer, its St Mirren I support. The point is that Rhodes, and others like him, is English and should never be playing for Scotland. Whats up with his own country?
Lol, the bit about Argentine managers has me baffled though.

St Mirren? You dont need to apologise. My fault for thinking Southampton. My guess is you havent had many Argie managers over the years.

to answer your question - he has 0 chance of representing England. After being approached by Scotland, he was offered a chance, so took it.
1988 - 1990 - 1994 the bulk of the Eire was made up of players deemed not good enough to represent England. Haughton, Phelean, Cascarino, Townsend etc etc ...oh and they had an English manager too. I think Eire had about 2 or 3 'actual' Irish players playing.
They had a guy born in Glasgow with Scottish parents (both) in Ray Haughton, aswell.

This is nothing new, its been happening in almost every sport,

essexred52
15-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Where is Rhodes this evening ? ;D

DanRrr
15-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Where is Rhodes this evening ? ;D

Rested, it's only a cup game. Sure you'll see him on Saturday ;)

faither
16-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply. I had just been thinking about Rhodes after seeing the original post and just wondered how fans of his own team ( and country) had thought about it.
I agree that we have a bit of a cheek expecting someone to turn up regularly and be on the bench - particularly given how poor we are these days.
We actually have a Rovers fan in our work up here who goes regularly the 200 odd miles to see them and who recently downloaded a report of the 1884 FA cup final against one of our local teams here Queens Park. Was a surprise to all of us that it could have happened 9 and did again the following year ! )
Take the point about the Irish team as well. We may end up like that if not careful !
Appreciate all the replies and wish your club the best for the remainder of the season.

dazzared60
17-01-2014, 12:28 AM

If they were offered A?8 million cash then that would represent a profit and should expect there will be a

dazzared60
17-01-2014, 12:33 AM

Jordan Rhodes hatrick?

XD[/quote]

Rhodes is my captain in my fantasy championship team so it would cushion the blow if Forest were to lose.

Whatever the score I will pop back on Saturday so you can have a good gloat :P

dazzared60
17-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Aww, little bottling bawling Billy is pleading for some money to spend.

He just can't cope with his small inadequate squad.

A penny for poor Billy.

I would wait until the end of the transfer window before making comments like that . Fawaz Al Hasawi is well minted and has stated on Twitter he is prepared to back billy with the players he needs in this transfer window.

I cant post the link so have look for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nv--AmWiBA

dazzared60
17-01-2014, 12:44 AM

If they ask A?14 Million you could end up with a very unhappy striker. I'm sure he has ambitions around playing in the premiership and wouldn't be happy about being priced out of the market. And lets face it Blackburn would drop like a stone without his goals

alfinyalcabo
17-01-2014, 09:29 AM

If they ask A?14 Million you could end up with a very unhappy striker. I'm sure he has ambitions around playing in the premiership and wouldn't be happy about being priced out of the market. And lets face it Blackburn would drop like a stone without his goals[/quote]

I hope Rovers turn you lot over ya smug red twohat..phuckin Knots florist freak.. :)

DarwenBlue1969
17-01-2014, 09:49 AM

If they ask A?14 Million you could end up with a very unhappy striker. I'm sure he has ambitions around playing in the premiership and wouldn't be happy about being priced out of the market. And lets face it Blackburn would drop like a stone without his goals[/quote]

I hope Rovers turn you lot over ya smug red twohat..phuckin Knots florist freak.. :)[/quote]

Dazza before you swallow the bait I will tell you that Alf wears p1ssed stained dungarees a check shirt and plays a mean tune on the banjo. ;D

dazzared60
17-01-2014, 10:21 AM

I hope Rovers turn you lot over ya smug red twohat..phuckin Knots florist freak.. :)[/quote]

Dazza before you swallow the bait I will tell you that Alf wears p1ssed stained dungarees a check shirt and plays a mean tune on the banjo. ;D[/quote]

No worries ;)

Should be a good game and I done expect there to be much in the way of goals, we've conceded 3 in the last 8 games.

champs95
17-01-2014, 01:22 PM

Dazza before you swallow the bait I will tell you that Alf wears p1ssed stained dungarees a check shirt and plays a mean tune on the banjo. ;D[/quote]

No worries ;)

Should be a good game and I done expect there to be much in the way of goals, we've conceded 3 in the la

bigmoon
17-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Rhodes to Florest? XD

Is that you Catpiss? If not, is Catpiss the Red still knocking about? I used to like him. He had a neat trick, he could talk out of sphinctor.

dazzared60
17-01-2014, 04:07 PM

No worries ;)

Should be a good game and I done expect there to be much i

dazzared60
17-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Rhodes to Florest? XD

Is that you Catpiss? If not, is Catpiss the Red still knocking about? I used to like him. He had a neat trick, he could talk out of sphinctor.

Castus has a universal ban...Shame!! he`s a funny guy ;)

champs95
17-01-2014, 04:30 PM

No worries ;)

Should be

bigmoon
17-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Rhodes to Florest? XD

Castus has a universal ban...Shame!! he`s a funny guy ;)[/quote]

I used to enjoy locking horns with Catpiss. I liked him, just don't tell him that... He was a funny guy.
It's a shame about the universal ban, I know he got a red card on here, but still thought he knocked about on your forum.