PDA

View Full Version : I reiterate..

castiron
14-01-2014, 05:28 PM
..Why does it take us so long to tie up transfer targets? Every other club goes about their business without any hitches it seems. I know the Traore deal is about a work permit, but couldn't this have been dealt with before January? It does my nut in.

JimmyV66
14-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Nothing could have been done regarding the signing if Traore until he was offically signed by Monaco. That was only the other week.

Was hoping it would be done and dusted by today, looks more likely to be tomorrow now.

bonzosbest74
14-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Because our board are sh1t at getting deals over the line, we should hire David Dein.

I would be very pleasantly surprised if the Traore deal goes through but I'm prepared for disappointment again.

kirkup
14-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Bloody players not signing in December, and leaving it until the window opens in January, are an absolute joke.

Does my nut in the inconsiderate @rseholes.

mickyj
14-01-2014, 06:35 PM
The problem is whilst we f uck about with players and work permit hearings etc etc other strikers are signing for other clubs...so if the work permit is rejected what then ? Are we going to hear the same old "we tried" 5h1t ?
Surely any of the 2 strikers that have just signed for Hull would have been a safer bet than this fella ? ...oh yeah I forgot the financial fair play. >:)

You bet we are.

kirkup
14-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Well if they've gone for a work permit, I would have thought that means the club are trying.

If it falls through then not sure what else they could do to be fair.

Personally I would blame them for not getting the work permit hearing underway in November though ;)

jon15u
14-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Well if they've gone for a work permit, I would have thought that means the club are trying.

Personally I would blame them for not getting the work permit hearing underway in November though ;)

2013 or 2012.

mickyj
14-01-2014, 06:49 PM

Personally I would blame them for not getting the work permit hearing underway in November though ;) I would have thought a club who is near the foot of the table and in desperate need for a striker would have started by actually going for a player that doesn't hinge on wether he will get a work permit or not or even better mate get the ball rolling with a player/club in December so he is ready to sign early in January and get straight in amongst it...not late January when he has already missed 3-4 games...

But hey we have only needed a striker since the first game of the season so there's no rush I suppose. ;D

behrami_army
14-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Have i missed something because as far as i can see no one has signed a striker that would acyually improve us yet? Jelavic and long ? Really? Want one of those? Or holt who cant score for wigan? Fancy him do you?
By all means slate sam and sugo but be fair about it or you just sound likey moany old women.

castiron
14-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Bloody players not signing in December, and leaving it until the window opens in January, are an absolute joke.

Any need for the sarcasm kirkup? Hull have signed Jelavic today and Shane Long is not far behind, we on the other hand are still f ucking about.

JimmyV66
14-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Jelavic and Long would both be an improvement to our squad. But not at the money Hull have paid for them.

Fingers crossed that Traore and one more striker will sign. Carroll can remain fit, Carlton Cole will be offered a 6 month contract and Miaga can be sent out on loan or sold.

Also hopefully we can bring in 2 more defenders aswell.

kirkup
14-01-2014, 07:16 PM

Any need for the sarcasm kirkup? Hull have signed Jelavic today and Shane Long is not far behind, we on the other hand are still f ucking about.[/quote]

Sorry thought your original post was sarcastic.

Won't comment on Jelavic or Long, because I don't see them as that good to be honest.

Anyways back to Traore how are we fu(king about exactly?

behrami_army
14-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Sorry jimmy but what have jelavic and long done at there clubs to suggest they would be worth a significant outley? Any club can sign someone gash at an over inflated price and get it done quickly.
Would rather sign up cole who is better than thed above till the end of the season if we cant pull in someone of actual quality.

JimmyV66
14-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Sorry jimmy but what have jelavic and long done at there clubs to suggest they would be worth a significant outley? Any club can sign someone gash at an over inflated price and get it done quickly.
Would rather sign up cole till the end of the season if we cant pull in someone of actual quality.

As said, i would have them in our squad but not for the money Hull have paid out for them.

As for us not signing anyone of yet. Im not to worried. I believe we will have at least 1 deal done before Saturday.

bonzosbest74
14-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Have i missed something because as far as i can see no one has signed a striker that would acyually improve us yet? Jelavic and long ? Really? Want one of those? Or holt who cant score for wigan? Fancy him do you?
By all means slate sam and sugo but be fair about it or you just sound likey moany old women.

Whilst we're being fair and not moaning like old women are we allowed to still be frustrated about their previous record or shall we afford them a clean slate each transfer window?

Are we allowed to remember that they talked about getting back-up to Carroll all summer yet signed nobody which meant we've had no striker at all in some games this season.

Will you permit us just a small sense of Deja vu and worry bearing in mind we agreed a fee for Duvan Zapata in the summer even though he was never going to get a permit.

What about our bi-annual bid for Lambert which always fails.

Can we at least wonder what the f.uck

mickyj
14-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Well let me put it this way, forget the fellas who have signed for Hull but we have needed a striker in fact we were promised a striker since the last transfer window slammed shut. Now if our Scouts and management can't find a decent striker from either here or abroad in all that time then something is seriously f ucked up at our club.

castiron
14-01-2014, 07:33 PM

Any need for the sarcasm kirkup? Hull have signed Jelavic today and Shane Long is not far behind, we on the other hand are still f ucking about.[/quote]

Sorry thought your original post was sarcastic.

Won't comment on Jelavic or Long, because I don't see them as that good to be honest.

Anyways back to Traore how are we fu(king about exactly?[/quote]
I didn't say he should sign in December, just wondered why we are in the middle of Jan, in desperate need of a some new blood, and we are still trying to get him a permit. As Jimmy said, it could have something to do with Monaco, which i wasn't aware of.

behrami_army
14-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Yeh but its being said like its only us that get things wrong sometimes.
What about utd chasing fabregas all summer even though they was never going to get him and end up with fellaini.
What about chelses with all there millions trying to get a striker and end up with an over the hill etoo?
Hull just spending over 10 million on strikers that havent scored 5 goals between them.
Arsenals bodged attempt of suarez?
Belfodil? Enlighten me from what ive researched he would just prefer to stay in italy..
hows odemwingie doing at cardiff? Another many thought we should ne signing.
The board back there manager and it was sam who decided that we needed downing more than a back up striker.
It was sam who didnt want to sign up cole.
it was sam who thought maiga was adequate back up.
If you believe whats said and southampton want 10 million for a 32 year old forward, do i blame the board for refusing? No
Do i blame the board for backing the manager and sticking by him? No,

Ironworks1
14-01-2014, 07:42 PM

Best post of the thread.

No one's ever good enough, it never happens quick enough, we never scout enough, no-one'll ever join us, we paid too much, wages are silly, we'll never get a permit

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

One thing having opinions about players qualities etc but the constant moaning and finger pointing has reached a crescendo on here to the point where no-one's happy about anything.

I know nothing about Traore - looks good on You Tube. Lescott I'd take all day long. I'd have taken Jelavic also personally.

Good to see us linked with a couple of decents. Johnson's just a stop gap.

Very li

kirkup
14-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Behrami,

You are aware that the club offered Cole a new contract, which he declined.

Assuming you are talking about the summer window of 2013, as it gets a bit confusing on here sometimes. Apart from that agree 100% with the rest of it.

Cast,

Fair enough, but you posted a critical comment, over something we had no influence. IF and it's still an IF we get the permit and he signs would settle for that all day long.

behrami_army
14-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Kirk not sure if im 100% on this but didnt they offer cole a new deal on half the wages as sam didnt see him as anything more than a back up player?

JimmyV66
14-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Can i ask, who is actually moaning in your opinion?

Im content with who we look like getting in, and if we can get Lescott in aswell then happy will turn to over the fcking moon.

But at the same time you can surely understand why others on this thread are somewhat frustrated. We have needed a new striker before the season even began. It's now 14 days into the Jan transfer window and still no striker and Cole's temp contract has run out.

At present for Saturdays next must win game we have Miaga and a not fully fit only played 15 odd minutes Carroll.

Again, i fully believe we will have someone (most likely Traore) in before Saturday.

Ironworks1
14-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Can i ask, who is actually moaning in your opinion?

Im content with who we look like getting in, and if we can get Lescott in aswell then happy will turn to over the fcking moon.

But at the same time you can surely understand why others on this thread are somewhat frustrated. We have needed a new striker before the season even began. It's now 14 days into the Jan transfer window and still no striker and Cole's temp contract has run out.

At present for Saturdays next must win game we have Miaga and a not fully fit only played 15 odd minutes Carroll.

Again, i fully believe we will have someone (most likely Traore) in before Saturday.

January's a nightmare to do business. Easier said than done getting things early imo. The intent is there. - we're waiting on a work permit and we're waiting on an answer from the Algerian lad.

Not sure what more they could do.

Thank God Carroll and Vaz Te are on the mend.

JimmyV66
14-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Think everyone can agree that the owners and the manager never should have allowed us to be in this posistion in the first place.

No back up to injured Carroll, building your squad around said injured player, letting Cole go, failing to get anyone in before the first transfer window closed ect.

Lessons learned?? i like to think so. I wont hold my breath.

castiron
14-01-2014, 07:59 PM

Best post of the thread.

No one's ever good enough, it never happens quick enough, we never scout enough, no-one'll ever join us, we paid too much, wages are silly, we'll never get a permit

One thing having opinions about players qualities etc but the constant moaning and finger pointing has reached a crescendo on here to the point where no-one's happy about anything.

I know nothing about Traore - looks good on You Tube. Lescott I'd take all day long. I'd have taken Jelavic also personally.

Good to see us linked with a couple of de

behrami_army
14-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Just look through threads of the last few weeks,months even and you will find plenty of cases of moaning and trying to pin absolutely everything to sugo and sam.
Unfortunately im on a phone so digging for examples is a little difficult.
dont get me wrong the striker situation is a glaring mistake but that was sams call and the board have backed there man.
If sugo had gone against sam and bought in players they wanted could you imagine the uproar?
Gutirrez what has he done in the last few years to suggest he deserves a wage at our place? We already have an under performing winger in jarvis.
We need players for sure but what we bring in has got to be an improvement on what we have or its just more wasted wages, agent fees,and transfer cash.

Ironworks1
14-01-2014, 08:08 PM

Best post of the thread.

I know nothing about Traore - looks good on You Tube. Lescott I'd take all day long. I'd have taken Jelavic also personal

kirkup
14-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Kirk not sure if im 100% on this but didnt they offer cole a new deal on half the wages as sam didnt see him as anything more than a back up player?

Sure that's right, but in fairness given his own fitness doubts, probably realistic offer from the clubs point of view.

The thing that makes me laugh is the number of people that still bang on about the club releasing him then re-signing him.

JimmyV66
14-01-2014, 08:12 PM
The same Joe Cole who has scored 5 times since his return and set up a fair few goals aswell and has been one of our more exciting players.

Diame and Diarra yes. Nethier have set the world alight and nethier want to really be here.

Im hoping Cole has at least 2 more seasons in him and remains with us. Still a very good player imho.

castiron
14-01-2014, 08:15 PM

Best post of the thread.

I know nothing about Traore - looks good on You Tube. Lescott I'd take all

behrami_army
14-01-2014, 08:18 PM
How many years since he showed that form though?
I could show you a video of damien duff from years ago but hou wouldnt want to sign him i wouldnt have thought..

Whiskyman
14-01-2014, 08:23 PM

Best post of the thread.

Good to see us linked with a couple of de

behrami_army
14-01-2014, 08:34 PM
But maybe the jan transfer target was always traore ?
We did know carroll was injured but wasnt it allardyces judgement that maiga was good enough to cover?
The club could be run better of course it could but it cant all be put at sugo feet.
They have broken our transfer record twice and backed there manager to the hilt.
My only criticism and it is a big one is that they shoulf have moved allardyce on in the summer and brought a football man in.

Ironworks1
14-01-2014, 09:05 PM

Best post of the thread.

I know nothing about Traore - looks good on You Tube. Lescott I'd take all day long. I'd have taken Jelavic also persona

bonzosbest74
14-01-2014, 10:41 PM
you can surely understand why others are somewhat frustrated.

Actually mate I think there are a number of posters on here who can't comprehend that at all.

No matter how badly West Ham perform some seem to be able to keep a relatively cheery disposition. . . . . . .nothing wrong with that of course but they don't seem to understand why some supporters might be upset.

We get tonked 5-0, start a few threads and we're told to calm down. Lose the next game 6-0 and we're accused of overreacting if we slag the team & manager off even though we were bottom of the league.

I would suggest that the likes of Harry,
behrami, Kirky and a few others just don't understand how upset some and disappointed some of us get. They always seem calm & balanced and appear to view the fans that are angry after a loss with a sort of disbelief and sometimes mocking amusement (well that's how it comes across to me anyway).

It ruins my d

bonzosbest74
14-01-2014, 10:43 PM
I think they point Micky and Bonzo are making is that we knew Carroll was injured after the last game of last season. We knew he was BADLY injured, and would miss a large chunk of this season before our two short pre season tours.

We all know no one can actually sign the dotted line until the window opens but targets can be identified and much of the preliminary work carried out.

As for no one getting excited about the kid from Peterborough i'd say it's because our needs are immediate. We don't have time to wait and see if the kid, or Whitehead and Maguire before him, are going to develop into players good enough for the PL.

It's all about opinions. Not everybody believes that the club is being run in a particularly professional manner these days.

Good post, I tried to 'like' it but it ain't working.

OZHAMMER
14-01-2014, 11:01 PM
As for no one getting excited about the kid from Peterborough i'd say it's because our needs are immediate. We don't have time to wait and see if the kid, or Whitehead and Maguire before him, are going to develop into players good enough for the PL.

what you have said is very similar to what i said on these boards a few years ago in our most recent relegation under avram. we were in a dire situation, and we needed to get some quality in to get the ship back on course, and avram brought in winston for 4mil (i think?).

even though he has proven to be an exceptional buy, we had to wait a year or more before that deal bore fruit, all a little too late unfortunately.

michael tellinger
14-01-2014, 11:14 PM

Think I am to new to be able to like a post.

Best post of the thread.

I know nothing about Traore - looks good on You Tube. Lescott I'd tak

michael tellinger
14-01-2014, 11:23 PM
I tried to post a like also whiskyman.

jon15u
15-01-2014, 07:06 AM

Best post of the thread.

I know nothing about Traore - looks good on You Tube. Lescott I'd take al

Whiskyman
15-01-2014, 07:46 AM

Best post of the thread.

I know nothing about Traore - looks good on You Tube. Lescott I'd take al

WHU
15-01-2014, 07:56 AM
[quote="behrami_army"]Yeh but its being said like its only us that get things wrong sometimes.
What about utd chasing fabregas all summer even though they was never going to get him and end up with fellaini.
What about chelses with all there millions trying to get a striker and end up with an over the hill etoo?
Hull just spending over 10 million on strikers that havent scored 5 goals between them.
Belfodil? Enlighten me from what ive researched he would just prefer to stay in italy..
The board back there manager and it was sam who decided that we needed downing more than a back up striker.
If you believe whats said and southampton want 10 million for a 32 year old forward, do i blame the board for refusing? No
Do i blame the board

mickyj
15-01-2014, 08:55 AM
People cant help being annoyed when it comes to our owners and transfers. Up untill the end of the last transfer window I never said a bad word about our owners but then the b0ll0x started.
Gold and sullivan promising that we WILL be signing another striker and then when we fail to sign one they come out with all the financial fair play stuff but in the meantime we have Karen Brady telling us about the players we went after but they either chose to join someone else or their parent club didn't want to sell.
So did we go after these players or not ? Was it because of the financial fair play that we didn't sign the striker we were promised or because they didn't want to join us ?
We had the whole last transfer window to sign that other striker that we so badly needed yet we get turned down "apparently " by all these strikers on the very last day of the window ?
Now forgive me for being a little suspicious but we are halfway through this window now and if this fella dosent get a permit th

bonzosbest74
15-01-2014, 09:02 AM
[quote="mickyj"]People cant help being annoyed when it comes to our owners and transfers. Up untill the end of the last transfer window I never said a bad word about our owners but then the b0ll0x started.
Gold and sullivan promising that we WILL be signing another striker and then when we fail to sign one they come out with all the financial fair play stuff but in the meantime we have Karen Brady telling us about the players we went after but they either chose to join someone else or their parent club didn't want to sell.
So did we go after these players or not ? Was it because of the financial fair play that we didn't sign the striker we were promised or because they didn't want to join us ?
We had the whole last transfer window to sign that other striker that we so badly needed yet we get turned down "apparently " by all these strikers on the very last day of the window ?
Now forgive me for being a little suspicious but we are halfway through this window

mickyj
15-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Leave it with me Bonzo, I'm going to ask young Jack the spokesman for our club what's going on...may have to wait until end of school before I get you an answer though...i will do my best but rest assured if we are signing a striker that young man will know. :s

Edit to say they Carlton cole has just signed a new 18 month contract...,there's our striker boys , panic over ...phew

bonzosbest74
15-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Happy days Micky

Ironworks1
15-01-2014, 09:57 AM

Best post of the thread.

I know nothing about Traore

Hammerman69
15-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Too much panic on here...15 days in and

I think we always wanted to sign Traore but had to wait until he signed for Monaco and had to see if he was likely to pass a medical.

I think we were always going to give Cole a new deal if he scored some goals...

I think we looked at 3 or 4 other strikers but personal terms play a big part

I think we also needed to look at CBs.

At the end of the day, it does seem very difficult to get players in Jan...Look at Villa...they just loaned Grant Holt from Wigan FFS.

Even Chelsea are paying 20 odd million for a player they sold for 3M a couple of years ago.

Stay calm...a combination of Carroll coming back slowly to fitness... Reid, Tomkins and Collins all returning to fitness very soon plus possibly Traore (assuming medical goes well) and C. Cole and suddenly it does not look so grim

As BA says...it isn't just us...Jan is very tricky.

mickyj
15-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Too much panic on here...15 days in and

I think we always wanted to sign Traore but had to wait until he signed for Monaco and had to see if he was likely to pass a medical.

I think we were always going to give Cole a new deal if he scored some goals...

I think we looked at 3 or 4 other strikers but personal terms play a big part

I think we also needed to look at CBs.

At the end of the day, it does seem very difficult to get players in Jan...Look at Villa...they just loaned Grant Holt from Wigan FFS.

Even Chelsea are paying 20 odd million for a player they sold for 3M a couple of years ago.

Stay calm...a combination of Carroll coming back slowly to fitness... Reid, Tomkins and Collins all returning to fitness very soon plus possibly Traore (assuming medical goes well) and C. Cole and suddenly it does not look so grim

As BA says...it isn't just us...Jan is very tricky.Looking at it like that mate it all seems ok BUT what i

Whiskyman
16-01-2014, 07:40 AM
[quote="behrami_army"]Yeh but its being said like its only us that get things wrong sometimes.
Do i blame the board

behrami_army
16-01-2014, 11:20 AM
The reference to what hull have brought was in reply to other posters on why havent we signed them they are available,how come hull can sign players and we cant blah blah blah.
so the point being they have just spent 15 million on 2 players that cant hit a barn door between them.
Why are some of our our own fans slating sugo for not buying players that are blatently not good enough.
there are posters on here that were trying to make out as if we are the only club that makes mistakes or embarass ourselves at times, you will see examples if you view page one of this thread.
My point was it happens at many a club.

mickyj
16-01-2014, 12:34 PM
But when it comes to strikers we seem to mess up far more than most.

Baldock. (Never given a chance)

Maynard. (As above)

15 million for Carroll (when he is fit he is hardly prolific)

Maiga. 5 million for that ?

Resigning Carlton Cole...,embarrassing from the clubs point of view and despite his efforts is hardly prolific.

And now we are STILL waiting for news on a work permit for a guy who let's be fair none of us have really heard off and won't be anywhere near match fit.

I still don't think people are getting the argument though. What people are simply saying is , we have been in desperate need for a striker since day 1 of the season and we seem to pinning our hopes on getting a work permit for a fella that is not even going to ready to play 90 minutes football...

With regards to hull city's signings I would be pretty confidant of staying in the premier league if I were them now with those two playing up front.

castiron
16-01-2014, 08:18 PM
But when it comes to strikers we seem to mess up far more than most.

Baldock. (Never given a chance)

Maynard. (As above)

15 million for Carroll (when he is fit he is hardly prolific)

Maiga. 5 million for that ?

Resigning Carlton Cole...,embarrassing from the clubs point of view and despite his efforts is hardly prolific.

And now we are STILL waiting for news on a work permit for a guy who let's be fair none of us have really heard off and won't be anywhere near match fit.

I still don't think people are getting the argument though. What people are simply saying is , we have been in desperate need for a striker since day 1 of the season and we seem to pinning our hopes on getting a work permit for a fella that is not even going to ready to play 90 minutes football...

With regards to hull city's signings I would be pretty confidant of staying in the premier league if I were them now with those two playing up front.
Agreed.

behrami_army
16-01-2014, 08:29 PM
What have maynard and baldock done since they left? Isnt one in the stiffs at cardiff and the other playing at the mighty heights aka bristol city?
Carlton cole was a game of poker, he wanted a longer deal and to keep his wage and we wanted to downgrade him to back up and half his wage.
Maiga is one of those foreign deals,some come off some dont, unfortunately for us it just didnt come off, all clubs make signings like that.maigas record in france was pretty good by all accounts.
It points to why allardyce prefers to shop at home if at all possible though.
I imagine the traore deal is all done but maybe the lambert deal is possible now after what has happened at southampton?
I think its you thats missing the point though, we havent needed A striker since the beginning, we have needed a QUALITY striker and neither jelavic or long fit that bill imo.

kirkup
16-01-2014, 08:36 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.

mickyj
16-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Ok so we have needed a QUALITY striker since day 1 so why the hell are we wasting time on an unknown striker that we don't even know will get a work permit and is not even premier league match fit ?
You have admitted how long we have need a striker for so forgetting the fellas who have signed for Hull why have we still not signed one ?
I tell you why because they are trying to do everything on the cheap and we are supposed to be grateful forever and ever that they broke the transfer record to sign Andy Carroll.

If they pull of the Lambert deal I will hold my hands up and apologise but I doubt they will.
And you say what have Baldock and Maynard done since they left ? Nothing which again asks serious questions about us when it comes to signing strikers.
And again regarding Maiga being a foreign signing as you said some come off some don't so with regards to this Traore fella it's yet another risk so why the hell are we taking it when we need a QUALITY striker ? I tell you why becaus

bonzosbest74
16-01-2014, 09:46 PM
If they pull of the Lambert deal I will hold my hands up

So will I unless we sell Morrison to facilitate it.

wiglet
16-01-2014, 11:41 PM
i would just remember maiga's goal against the tottscum absolutely made up with that so well done modibo even if you dont stay!!

Whiskyman
16-01-2014, 11:46 PM
What have maynard and baldock done since they left? Isnt one in the stiffs at cardiff and the other playing at the mighty heights aka bristol city?
Carlton cole was a game of poker, he wanted a longer deal and to keep his wage and we wanted to downgrade him to back up and half his wage.
Maiga is one of those foreign deals,some come off some dont, unfortunately for us it just didnt come off, all clubs make signings like that.maigas record in france was pretty good by all accounts.
It points to why allardyce prefers to shop at home if at all possible though.

Hang on a minute. Weren't Baldock & Maynard bought at home? I agree with your assessment of them by the way. They have not pulled up trees. Come to that neither have Taylor or Jarvis---yeoman Englishmen both.

[quote="behrami_army"]
I imagine the traore deal is all done but maybe the lambert deal is possible now after what has happened at s

behrami_army
17-01-2014, 09:10 AM
When me and my mrs go shopping for the month we know we have got 200 a month to cover everything we need.
When our son was born we still only had 200 a month to spend but now we had to cut back on what we needed to allow for dougies needs.
i suspect this is why we have to do some signings on the cheap.
We spent a large portion of our relagation budget on nolan and his wages, so you have to do the best you can with the remainder.
in the summer we no doubt blew the majority on carroll and his wages.you still need to buy other players as we are short elsewhere but the budget is obviously now a lot smaller.
as said before sugo are guilty of backing there manager but in all honesty more chairman should do so in this hire ans fire world.
If the shopping budget has not been divided properly then that is surely at the feet of the manager.
Is lambert the quality we are looking for? He would suit allardyces style of play for sure and we wouldnt be near the bottom 2 if he had gone

mickyj
17-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Maybe we should all just wait until the transfer window slams shut and see what happens then but you can't blame people for being suspicious when the 2 Dave's keep moving the goalposts over transfers, The last transfer window brought them telling us we would be signing another striker as back up to Carroll and when that never happened we were told by Karen Brady that we tried to sign Lakaku and Ba on the last day of the window but Gold and Sullivan contradicted her by saying we couldn't sign another striker because of the financial fair play. So which is it ? None of us know.
We are then told that we will have a striker signed within 48 hours of this window opening ...where is he ?
I for one hope we pull off the Rickie lambert deal and if we do then hats off to Gold and Sullivan but I just think for some of us with this transfer window half way through we can feel a sense of Deja vu and I'm sorry but if we fail to sign a decent striker in this window then there can be no excuses becau

behrami_army
17-01-2014, 09:56 AM
To be honest i actually agree with most of that.
That side of sugo and co doesnt really impress me,but its not to say they dont do any good for the club.

Hammerman69
17-01-2014, 12:49 PM
[quote="mickyj"]Maybe we should all just wait until the transfer window slams shut and see what happens then but you can't blame people for being suspicious when the 2 Dave's keep moving the goalposts over transfers, The last transfer window brought them telling us we would be signing another striker as back up to Carroll and when that never happened we were told by Karen Brady that we tried to sign Lakaku and Ba on the last day of the window but Gold and Sullivan contradicted her by saying we couldn't sign another striker because of the financial fair play. So which is it ? None of us know.
We are then told that we will have a striker signed within 48 hours of this window opening ...where is he ?
I for one hope we pull off the Rickie lambert deal and if we do then hats off to Gold and Sullivan but I just think for some of us with this transfer window half way through we can feel a sense of Deja vu and I'm sorry but if we fail to sign a decent striker in th

Whiskyman
17-01-2014, 01:32 PM
[quote="behrami_army"]When me and my mrs go shopping for the month we know we have got 200 a month to cover everything we need.
When our son was born we still only had 200 a month to spend but now we had to cut back on what we needed to allow for dougies needs.
i suspect this is why we have to do some signings on the cheap.
We spent a large portion of our relagation budget on nolan and his wages, so you have to do the best you can with the remainder.
in the summer we no doubt blew the majority on carroll and his wages.you still need to buy other players as we are short elsewhere but the budget is obviously now a lot smaller.
as said before sugo are guilty of backing there manager but in all honesty more chairman should do so in this hire ans fire world.
If the shopping budget has not been divided properly then that is surely at the feet of the manager.
Is lambert the quality we are looking for? He would suit allardyces style of play for sure a

only1salty
17-01-2014, 02:06 PM
[quote="Hammerman69"]Maybe we should all just wait until the transfer window slams shut and see what happens then but you can't blame people for being suspicious when the 2 Dave's keep moving the goalposts over transfers, The last transfer window brought them telling us we would be signing another striker as back up to Carroll and when that never happened we were told by Karen Brady that we tried to sign Lakaku and Ba on the last day of the window but Gold and Sullivan contradicted her by saying we couldn't sign another striker because of the financial fair play. So which is it ? None of us know.
I for one hope we pull off the Rickie lambert deal and if we do then hats off to Gold and Sullivan but I just think for some of us with this transfer window half way through we can feel a sense of Deja vu and I'm so

mickyj
17-01-2014, 02:20 PM
[quote="only1salty"]Maybe we should all just wait until the transfer window slams shut and see what happens then but you can't blame people for being suspicious when the 2 Dave's keep moving the goalposts over transfers, The last transfer window brought them telling us we would be signing another striker as back up to Carroll and when that never happened we were told by Karen Brady that we tried to sign Lakaku and Ba on the last day of the window but Gold and Sullivan contradicted her by saying we couldn't sign another striker because of the financial fair play. So which is it ? None of us know.
I for one hope we pull off the Rickie lambert deal and if we do then hats off to Gold and Sullivan but I just think for some of us with this transfer window half way t

Hammerman69
17-01-2014, 04:05 PM
[quote="only1salty"]Maybe we should all just wait until the transfer window slams shut and see what happens then but you can't blame people for being suspicious when the 2 Dave's keep moving the goalposts over transfers, The last transfer window brought them telling us we would be signing another striker as back up to Carroll and when that never happened we were told by Karen Brady that we tried to sign Lakaku and Ba on the last day of the window but Gold and Sullivan contradicted her by saying we couldn't sign another striker because of the financial fair play. So which is it ? None of us know.
I for one hope we pull off the Rickie lambert deal and if we do then hats off to Gold and Sullivan but I just think for some of us with this transfer window half way t

mickyj
17-01-2014, 05:00 PM
What like the last day of the last transfer window ? I really hope I'm wrong about our owners and we pull of a deal for a striker that we so badly need , but I've got to be honest and say if what happens as I suspect will happen and that is either no striker coming in or some desperate 3rd rate player on the last day of the window I will be very interested to read what the Sugo backers say about it.

I will comment no more on this untill the window slams shut and if I'm wrong I will come on and apologise but somehow I don't think I will have to. :blue:

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Far too many posters trying to dictate what people should post and when they should post it and not just on the subject of transfers either.

The board is busy and full of different opinions and I for one am grateful for it. There have been far too many times in the last couple of years when I've logged on after work and the board has received no more comments than when I checked it in the morning.

Should we really stop posting our thoughts on transfer speculation until Feb 1st?

Must we post nothing negative after a 5-0 thrashing?

Shall we wait until the end of the season before discussing relegation, or not judge Alardyce until his contract has expired.

All the above have been posted recently. . . . . . . .it would make for a very boring board in my opinion?

JimmyTicket
17-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Far too many posters trying to dictate what people should post and when they should post it and not just on the subject of transfers either.

The board is busy and full of different opinions and I for one am grateful for it. There have been far too many times in the last couple of years when I've logged on after work and the board has received no more comments than when I checked it in the morning.

Should we really stop posting our thoughts on transfer speculation until Feb 1st?

Shall we wait until the end of the season before discussing relegation, or not judge Alardyce until his contract has expired.

All the above have been posted recently. . . . . . . .it would make for a very boring board in my opinion?

If the posters that complain about topics don't like it they can always not log in...

The ones that do are the plums that write to points of view...

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 07:38 PM

If the posters that complain about topics don't like it they can always not log in...

The ones that do are the

OZHAMMER
17-01-2014, 07:42 PM

normally hit the hay between 10pm-11pm and check the overnight posts around 8am. i can see from the 'latest post' times which threads have seen activity while i

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 07:47 PM

normally hit the hay between 10pm-11pm and check the overnight posts around 8am. i can see from the 'latest post' t

OZHAMMER
17-01-2014, 07:49 PM

normally hit the hay between 10pm-11pm and check the overnight po

only1salty
17-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Not true...Even first time buyers sometimes have to wait until their sellers hav bought something to replace the house they are selling. Look at Villa...also desperate and all they managed to get is Holt on loan...Arse have noone yet and who have Sunderland bought...all of those clubs also are desperate to buy a striker.

I just cannot understand why people never remember that all the deals happen at the end of the window. Its the same every year.

Here is an analogy...In the UK, we always seem shocked by Winter but it comes every year...its like this board in Jan ;D

We are going to disagree on this one.

Monaco managed to sign a striker pretty early in the window, his escapes me.

Solskear managed to sign a player 1 day after starting work

Chelsea have splashed the cash and Norwich, Everton, Fulham, Stoke and Hull have all managed to sign players they needed so far.

All done before the half way point of the window.

To

castiron
18-01-2014, 09:37 AM
I see Villa got Bertrand from Chelsea yesterday with no fuss.

Whiskyman
19-01-2014, 06:02 PM

Can we get one of those over the hill strikers please.
XD XD XD

mickyj
19-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Talking of Chelsea I wonder if Ba is available for loan...oh no I forgot we tried that one on the final day of the last transfer window didn't we, I'm surprised we haven't gone back in for him what with the financial fair play rules no longer affecting West Ham United