PDA

View Full Version : Pompey Mart

Pentridge
14-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Are you up to speed with Boardwalk Empire?

(No spoilers for those that aren't)

chiswickmart
15-01-2014, 07:51 AM
I had a bumper TV sesh yesterday which saw me finish Game of Thrones Series 3, Boardwalk Empire Series 4 and get up to date with The Bridge II.

As ever with BE, tied up the series nicely but left plenty to work with for the next one. I liked where Eli turned up whilst the final scene was very moving and a fitting departure to a great character.

I tried to change my avatar to Daenerys Targaryan yesterday but the stupid thing is ****ed. Love the way her power has grown in G of T, she'll take the Lannisters sooner or later.

Are you watching The Bridge? It's outstanding, such a fast moving plot whilst Saga Noren is a wonderful character.

Pentridge
15-01-2014, 09:10 AM
I honestly thought that the series was building up for RH to go into full on brothel showdown mode but alas not.

Scenes have been nicely set for the next series and I predict a large role to be played by Eli's son.

As for GoT, the next series can't come quick enough and I agree about Daenerys.

Haven't seen any of The Bridge but am looking forward to Mob City, which starts on Fox on Friday night.

chiswickmart
15-01-2014, 09:30 AM
RH's days of being a killing machine were clearly over when he couldn't even shoot his sister's dieing dog. He knew he couldn't do it either, hence the goodbye to Tommy (his final gift to his mate Jimmy was to secure a safe future for him).

One I'm looking forward to on Atlantic is True Detective. You'd like to think a cast involving Harrelson and McConaghey would have a decent storyline.

Pentridge
15-01-2014, 09:32 AM
The trailer I saw for that looked very good.

chiswickmart
15-01-2014, 11:14 AM
I've also got the box set of Breaking Bad (series 2-5) to get through too. God knows when I'll find time for that.

fairy1980
15-01-2014, 08:11 PM
The trailer I saw for that looked very good.

As you don't seem to post over on ff anymore(nor do I that much) I thought I would comment on here.

Watched the first episode this morning, has massive potential to be a quality show. Enjoyed it very much.

Pentridge
15-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Have you seen any of Mob City? It's the same screenwriter as Walking Dead* by all accounts.

* which is back in a couple of weeks.

fairy1980
15-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Watched two episodes and gave up.
Thought it was quite poor.
Roll on April for GOT.