PDA

View Full Version : tonight was strange

lincolnlatic
15-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Just got back in what strange game that was started with three playing centre back which wouldn't have been too bad except two of them were watson and mccann and barnett was on the right of them
this clearly didn't work and MK dons would have been out of it if it wasn't for Ali
Fyvie had a terrible game and was no surprise when he was subbed at the end of normal time he changed formation and had barnet and boyce in the middle crainey on the left and macarthur on the right and then the defence started to look a bit more solid.

MOM for me was Ali closely followed by Espinoza

Ihaventaclue
15-01-2014, 07:21 AM
I heard a rumour at the game that Uwe has decided that he is going to develop Watson in to a full back and Boyceeeee in to a striker.

If it confuses us, it'll certainly confuse the opponents.

It's all to do with 'game plans'.

Agree with you about M O Ms. Ali's clearance in the first half directly to their attacker, only 4 yards from goal just showed us the style, skill and panache of the man. Not only did it add some excitement, but it showed his class - to recover from such a mess up!!!

SwinleyLatic
15-01-2014, 09:40 AM
I couldn't go last night so relied on the Chuckle brothers on Wish FM - they're good entertainment tho - and they said Ali and Roger were our best players.

I've been saying since Fyvie came here, he's not good enough. A nice lad but he's pinching a living here.

Re Boycee in attack, he was a striker in his youth but to put him up front in the twilight of his career is a bit daft.

Re Watson in defence, I think that could work with a bit of fine-tuning. Then again, when everyone's fit we've plenty of better defensive options.

lincolnlatic
15-01-2014, 09:44 AM
yeah he made a mistake with that one but he kept us in the game with some excellent saves.

Did you go last night? thought the ref was one of the worst i have seen so far this season; we had 5 bookings and i can't think that that many were justified. He didn't like giving us any free kicks either did he, I think we had more free kicks in the first 5 minutes of extra time than we had in the the whole of normal time.

Still can't complain too much still unbeaten domestically under Uwe

WhoRYa
15-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Haven't seen any of the game but looking at it last night on the Beeb's website i did think it odd that Latics had 5 men cautioned & there were none (at the time) to any MK Dons players.
I then scrolled down to the match stats which showed that at the end of normal time the foul count was MK Dons 2 v 21 Latics - that's a feckin freakishly high figure.
When reffing I wouldn't expect to award anywhere close to 21 free kicks for fouls let alone have a game where there were 23 & which were so heavily skewed to one side. :? :? :? :?
i think latics also pick up a fine for having 5 players booked in a game

Les_bradds_lad
15-01-2014, 10:58 AM
I listened the game on 5 live extra and after a dour first half which Ali kept us in it with some according to the commentators world class saves the second half performance sounded a lot better particually when the subs where made the duo who were on that station kept pappin on about the magic of the FA Cup and kept referring to last Mays epic victory Martin Allen I think it was stated that try telling the people of Wigan would they last season have prefered stoppin up to that day in May it will be remembered for a life timw and lifted the town

Les_bradds_lad
15-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Goals from last neet

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-01-15/fa-cup-third-r..

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/fa-cup/

try that one up theer ^^^^^^^^^ - view external link (http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-01-15/fa-cup-third-r..)

Anubis_wafc
15-01-2014, 05:10 PM
I listened the game on 5 live extra and after a dour first half which Ali kept us in it with some according to the commentators world class saves the second half performance sounded a lot better particually when the subs where made the duo who were on that station kept pappin on about the magic of the FA Cup and kept referring to last Mays epic victory Martin Allen I think it was stated that try telling the people of Wigan would they last season have prefered stoppin up to that day in May it will be remembered for a life timw and lifted the town

The Cup is only magic if you win it :P

lincolnlatic
15-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Haven't seen any of the game but looking at it last night on the Beeb's website i did think it odd that Latics had 5 men cautioned & there were none (at the time) to any MK Dons players.
I then scrolled down to the match stats which showed that at the end of normal time the foul count was MK Dons 2 v 21 Latics - that's a feckin freakishly high figure.
When reffing I wouldn't expect to award anywhere close to 21 free kicks for fouls let alone have a game where there were 23 & which were so heavily skewed to one side. :? :? :? :?
i think latics also pick up a fine for having 5 players booked in a game

When I was refereeing I had a reputation for being quick with my cards but even I wouldn't have used them as often last night. There was a severe lack of consistency last night in his decision making there were no nasty tackles either and it wasn't a game that warranted 23 free kicks to one side if he had been consistent we would have h

WhoRYa
16-01-2014, 08:58 AM
When I was refereeing I had a reputation for being quick with my cards but even I wouldn't have used them as often last night. There was a severe lack of consistency last night in his decision making there were no nasty tackles either and it wasn't a game that warranted 23 free kicks to one side if he had been consistent we would have had close on 50 free kicks in a non dirty game.. When they did eventually get a caution it was for diving. I think in the first five minutes of the second period of extra time we had been awarded more freekicks than in the previous 105 minutes

I'm the opposite & try to let as much go as I can. Probably comes from the fact that I was a bit of a hatchet man defender in my playing days!!!
As for Tuesday's game, I wasn't there so can't comment on his general performance but I have never reffed or ran the line on a game where the foul stats were so heavily skewed to one side. It's certainly something

Ihaventaclue
16-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Something to do with match fixing I think!!

And it being Wigan