PDA

View Full Version : james Collins back for the Barcodes game.

hammerwell06
15-01-2014, 01:22 AM
West Ham United*have received another major fitness boost ahead of the clash with*Newcastle United*at Upton Park this weekend.

Although James Tomkins is suspended from the sending off at Cardiff City, reports inside the club are that James Collins is likely to recover from a calf injury to replace him.

The makeshift Hammers have been mixing and matching at the back for several weeks as the team has been decimated with injuries.

But the news of Collins is a massive boost along with the imminent return of Winston Reid in two weeks which was also reported exclusively on this site yesterday (Monday).

He will be returning in time for the clash against Chelsea but for now all eyes are focused on the Newcastle game and the Collins news is a major fillip for boss Sam Allardyce.

The manager has been tearing his hair out as he was reported ahead of his vote of confidence that he could guarantee Premier League survival but needed his key players back

A source told*SportsDirect News*exclusiv

OZHAMMER
15-01-2014, 01:26 AM
as i said on the cardiff match thread, our backline looks weak without any of our 'big three', but with just one of them returning automatically makes it look exponentially better.

happyhammer4eva
15-01-2014, 01:27 AM
Good! Can't have Mcartney in the centre anymore.

bonzosbest74
15-01-2014, 08:51 AM
exponentially

Good word.

I can't imagine it being said in an Aussie accent though. >;)

bones
15-01-2014, 08:54 AM
be great if true, but. :blue: - view external link (http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php)

rednekst
15-01-2014, 09:18 AM
I would seem our clubs normal response when asked about player returns "no return date"

Better to say nothing than tell a specific date and it don't happen. :s

OZHAMMER
22-01-2014, 12:50 AM
exponentially

Good word.

I can't imagine it being said in an Aussie accent though. >;)[/quote]

frig me, i only just noticed this snipe! >:(

is collins injured? he didn't even make the bench...

mikeveep
22-01-2014, 12:59 AM
Rested I guess..

Why wasnt Chambers given a run out in a dead rubber. What did we learn about Taylor in that R Back position?

OZHAMMER
22-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Rested I guess..

Why wasnt Chambers given a run out in a dead rubber. What did we learn about Taylor in that R Back position?

thanks mike.

totally agree with chambers...

taylor ffs >:( he has played a couple of decent (not great) games, and he has played his way back into favour... it's jonathan spector all over again >:(