PDA

View Full Version : Four wins in five games?

Sma11ytheRam
15-01-2014, 07:30 AM
Should we beat Brighton on Saturday. Three wins in four home games as it stands ATM.

At the start of the season we didn't win any of the first five. Funny how things can turn round so quickly in football isn't it!!!!!

Representatively that's promotion form at home in the league. 2.4 points per game.

No wonder the positive supporters can't understand all these negative posts.

Manofpride
15-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Funny how statistics can be used to how you want them, I prefer your way Sma11y lets stay positive.
Who was it who said:- There are lies, damned lies, and statistics!

dcfcdavecov
15-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Well played, sir.

Rattea
15-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Thanky you smalley for PROVING my point about stength of opposition.

Of the five games we lost 3 those three sides currently lay 1st 2nd and 7th. We have only one win higher all season above 7th and thats Brighton away.

That would actually show things havent changed they have actually stayed the same when looking at strngth of opposition and not random cobination of games.

Looking at the other two games they were draws ad both thos sides lay 8th and 9th.

We lost to Wigan who are 10th!

Teams below this we have beaten consistently with the odd draw.

When you look at STRENGTH OF OPPOSITION and patterns its funny how things actually HAVENT CHANGED!!!

We have only Three wins, three draws and seven loses all season using current placings against top of the table opposition ... thats not a very confidence building stat is it :O

In the lower half of the table 10 wins and 2 draws ... the pattern with Current and previous management is the same. Although Clough boasts the

swaledale
15-01-2014, 12:36 PM
[quote="Rattea"]Thanky you smalley for PROVING my point about stength of opposition.

Of the five games we lost 3 those three sides currently lay 1st 2nd and 7th. We have only one win higher all season above 7th and thats Brighton away.

That would actually show things havent changed they have actually stayed the same when looking at strngth of opposition and not random cobination of games.

Looking at the other two games they were draws ad both thos sides lay 8th and 9th.

When you look at STRENGTH OF OPPOSITION and patterns its funny how things actually HAVENT CHANGED!!!

We have only Three wins, three draws and seven loses all season using current placings against top of the table opposition ... thats not a very confidence building stat is it :O

In the lower half of the table 10 wins and 2 draws ... the pattern with Current and previous manageme

eamonnram
15-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Well said swales. Rat man really does need to bore off with his stats charts.. I swear yoy are a red dog rat boy. All you do is slate the team even when we are on a good run. It doesn't matter who you play 3 points is 3 points. We are 4th in the leauge for **** sake. And still all you do is bleat on about how clough is better than steve mac. Clough the man that had 5 years and took us to mid table. Wow

blackandwhite56
15-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Rattae you are presumably are too thick to realise what you are doing.

Whats happened to like for like ?? Have you now ditched that?

What is the possible justification for including Chelsea in this table ... they are almost a full league away from us?
Of course it helps to hide the fact McClaren has only 2 current top 7 matches to compare against Clough's 5 matches.
Comparing the way you do is just to suit the outcome you want.

Using current form often months later rather than form at the time match was played allows you to avoid all sorts of things you don't want to face. Brighton were performing poorly when Clough's Derby beat them. Blackpool were top six when McClaren's Derby beat them.
But the real problem is that the way you are trying to evaluate form.
During the winning run McClaren could have done no better than beat the teams we played ( an that included a top 6 Blackpool). Winning so many on the trot is so rare that it should tell even you that McClaren was doing somethi

stamfordram
15-01-2014, 02:12 PM
One good thing his chart does show is that we have 12 games left against teams in the bottom half of the table versus 9 against the top half...this must bode well considering our ability to beat these supposedly lower grade teams.

I still think we could make the play offs even if our results against the top 4 teams go against us.

Surely if we finish above last season's position then progress has been made

Beardyram
15-01-2014, 02:30 PM
So we lose to teams in the top six but beat the teams below us. Would we be better off if we beat QPR, Burnley and Leicester but lost to Yeovil, Millwall and Barnsley. The argument is pointless. If we were to beat all teams it would be a world record. ...all teams lose games no matter who the ooppositio.

Rattea
15-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Beardy no its not. Two points to consider.

1. The form in the bottom half of the table under both managers is 'almost' faultless. will that continue for 12 more games? Look at the bottom six we average 3 points a game. Say we lost the next to the average drops to 2.25. that would mean you need to start picking up points where we currently are not.

2. Is it better to beat say Barnsley than QPR if you consider the above? If you lose to OPR you fall behind three points more but that may not happen on the week if you do Yeovil.

FAILDale your stating facts and saying I have said things I havent yet again soo your point is moot. Might be worth waiting for one of the big boys to sit down with you and explain it to you ;) I am using current position as the longer the season goes on the better that true position is reflected. we have covered this before. I dont care if we played Watford a few weeks into the season and they happened to be second its where they are now. You again show y

cheshireram123
15-01-2014, 06:52 PM
All this match analysis is getting slightly tedious.

The fact of the matter is the football being played home and away is more exciting to watch and that's why the attendances are increasing.

Can we not leave it at that...

Gift_of_the_Gabb
15-01-2014, 07:44 PM
[quote="Rattea"]Thanky you smalley for PROVING my point about stength of opposition.

In the lower half of the table 10 wins and 2 draws ... the pattern with Current and previous manageme

Sma11ytheRam
15-01-2014, 07:56 PM
[quote="Rattea"]Beardy no its not. Two points to consider.

1. The form in the bottom half of the table under both managers is 'almost' faultless. will that continue for 12 more games? Look at the bottom six we average 3 points a game. Say we lost the next to the average drops to 2.25. that would mean you need to start picking up points where we currently are not.

2. Is it better to beat say Barnsley than QPR if you consider the above? If you lose to OPR you fall behind three points more but that may not happen on the week if you do Yeovil.

FAILDale your stating facts and saying I have said things I havent yet again soo your point is moot. Might be worth waiting for one of the big boys to sit down with you and explain it to you ;) I am using current position as the longer the season goes on the better that true position is reflected. we have covered this before. I dont care if we played Watford a few weeks into the season and they happened to be seco

swaledale
16-01-2014, 12:39 AM
I really dont think its worth arguing with the guy, he lives in his own little world where clearly he is the superior being. Come the ned of the season if McClaren manages a higher league position with more points than Clough managed to achieve then he will clearly have been the better manager. Simples...but not if your Rat desperate to prove a point!

swaledale
16-01-2014, 12:44 AM
[quote="Rattea"]Beardy no its not. Two points to consider.

FAILDale your stating facts and saying I have said things I havent yet again soo your point is moot. Might be worth waiting for one of the big boys to sit down with you and explain it to you ;) I am using current position as the longer the season goes on the better that true position is reflected. we have covered this before. I dont care if we played Watford a few weeks into the season and they happened to be seco

Beardyram
16-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Rattea...here is a fact. The teams with the most points gets promoted. Now if we get all those points against teams below us then so be it. The important thing is points on the board no matter what the strength of the opposition.

clough08
16-01-2014, 11:20 AM
For information: we beat Barnsley away, not at home. Small point but could be like the butterfly effect when edited into Rattea's statistical house of cards.

Rattea
16-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Yes but we are picking up the points all from the bottom teams. fine if we continue to do so but if we start dropping points there and not showing any improvement at the top which we are not we will drop down the table very quickly.

We need to show improvement at the top to counter any waver at the bottom. It would be phenominal to perform against teams at the bottom inthe second half of the season as we have the first (under both managers) but is that really likely to continue.

Assuming it continues, there is little room for improvement, then fine but then we would need to beat the teams we cant in the play offs!

However even a small dip in form with the lower end of the tabel teams means we will miss out all together and people will be giving the how did that happen!

So back to my original point. there is actually no evidence of improvement between each manager and the position we are in flatters to deceive. Its 'very likely' we will fall away.

Not what I personally want but

Sma11ytheRam
16-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Not what I personally want but unless McClaren can create improvement that is the most likely result.

In my experience in identifying the truth you look for an unwarranted diversion away from it. To me your last statement identities that for some bizarre reason this is what you personally want. I'm guessing its so come May your first post will be "I told you so"

blackandwhite56
16-01-2014, 01:16 PM
[quote="Rattea"]Yes but we are picking up the points all from the bottom teams. fine if we continue to do so but if we start dropping points there and not showing any improvement at the top which we are not we will drop down the table very quickly.

We need to show improvement at the top to counter any waver at the bottom. It would be phenominal to perform against teams at the bottom inthe second half of the season as we have the first (under both managers) but is that really likely to continue.

Assuming it continues, there is little room for improvement, then fine but then we would need to beat the teams we cant in the play offs!

However even a small dip in form with the lower end of the tabel teams means we will miss out all together and people will be giving the how did that happen!

So back to my original point. there is actually no evidence of improvement between each manager and the position we are in flatters to deceive. Its 'very likely' we wil

swaledale
16-01-2014, 11:47 PM
[quote="Rattea"]Yes but we are picking up the points all from the bottom teams. fine if we continue to do so but if we start dropping points there and not showing any improvement at the top which we are not we will drop down the table very quickly.

So back to my original point. there is actually no evidence of improvement between each manager and the position we are in flatters to deceive. Its 'very likely' we wil

Mickleover_Ram
17-01-2014, 08:55 AM
WHY ARE YOU SO NEGATIVE RAT?
Its as if you are only happy if we are down so you can say told you so.

Does it really matter where we get those points from? If we never win against the top three its only 18 points.

Besides if we get into the playoffs and then lose, it will still give a MASSIVE boost to the club and set a good platform to push next year ala Leicester.

If we had done that under Clough you would be hailing him as the new messiah

Why cant you be pleased we are where we are?

and before you start, YES ofcourse you are entitled to your own opinion blah blah and YES it is a debate board blah blah blah

But you are ONLY ever negative and when you are constantly like this it sucks the optimism out of others

I suppose it must be true what others say that your not a Derby supporter???????

dcfcdavecov
17-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Now, i'm not sure, but form memory our record against the top 6 under Billy wasn't too clever either.

Still went up.

roger_ramjet
17-01-2014, 02:15 PM
The interesting thing about Rat's table is that it contains factual errors. For someone so proud of FACTS, it's hard to believe that inaccurate facts could be used by such an expert. COMEDY GOLD

Now then Rat, see of you can find your mistake(s) and correct it/them. Don't try using supermod powers to edit it either as I have a screenshot of the error strewn table.

Sma11ytheRam
17-01-2014, 02:53 PM
The interesting thing about Rat's table is that it contains factual errors. For someone so proud of FACTS, it's hard to believe that inaccurate facts could be used by such an expert. COMEDY GOLD

Now then Rat, see of you can find your mistake(s) and correct it/them. Don't try using supermod powers to edit it either as I have a screenshot of the error strewn table.

Is one where we actually lost to Ipswich 4-1 under 30 minutes of Wassell managementthen beat them 3-0 under McLaren management

roger_ramjet
17-01-2014, 03:48 PM
That wasn't one which I had noted, Smalley, but we can add it to the list...

roger_ramjet
17-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Ask yourself this - why did we take nearly 7000 people to Barnsley when the Rat knew all along that we played that game at home?! They must have been so ****ed off to miss the game.

dazzared60
17-01-2014, 07:52 PM
[quote="Sma11ytheRam"]Beardy no its not. Two points to consider.

FAILDale your stating facts and saying I have said things I havent yet again soo your point is moot. Might be worth waiting for one of the big boys to sit down with you and explain it to you ;) I am using current position as the longer the season goes on the better that true position is reflected. we have covered this before. I dont care if we played Watford a few

swaledale
18-01-2014, 12:19 PM
But if we do get top 6 but our goal difference is worse than last season and we ahvent beaten a tean around us, Rat will remain conianced that things have not improved under McClaren and further more will be able to "prove" it with a nice table fille din with pretty colours!

roger_ramjet
18-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Swale, ask yourself this - do you, or does anyone else, care what Rat thinks? He has his views, you have yours, never the twain shall meet. So why worry about his views, I know I don't. Let him obsess on your view instead.

eamonnram
18-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Is there something wrong with this board again? Seems very quiet.

sheeeeeeeeeep
18-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Hughes was ****e again, but a good result against an in form side who came to sit back and play for a point.