PDA

View Full Version : Well done Joe Garner !

clactonred
15-01-2014, 07:52 AM
It will now be FOREST V PRESTON NORTH END(NOT IPSWICH ) in the next round of the FA Cup.Joe now showing why Forest paid £1.14m for him from Carlisle.Evidently he scored HAT trick coming off the bench.

fudgey
15-01-2014, 08:27 AM
shouldn't of let him go. natural instinct for goal,

just a shame seems the way forest play our strikers tend not to score been like it for a while.

gardsPNE
15-01-2014, 08:53 AM
I think with certain strikers you have to have patience and keep playing them and eventually you get your jusat rewards. Dont get me wrong initially I thought who the hell have we bought but we have persisted with him and now we are reaping the benefits.

Romanis
15-01-2014, 01:33 PM
I think with certain strikers you have to have patience and keep playing them and eventually you get your jusat rewards. Dont get me wrong initially I thought who the hell have we bought but we have persisted with him and now we are reaping the benefits.

Very true, just look at McCleary. The problem is our manager wants the strikers to work hard for the ball besides scoring. Some natural strikers just can't do that. Remember Inzaghi, would you ever expect him to work for the ball? Obviously not, but he does his job of scoring very well.

That's why I fear if we do sign a striker of some repute, he'll still struggle because of the way Davies sets up his team.

fudgey
15-01-2014, 04:23 PM
long as you pack behind the striker like cox, paterson abdoun,reid.

they will work hard and the striker reaps the rewards, you cant have a striker who works hard like the rest of the team the goals wont flow.

tricky5971
15-01-2014, 09:44 PM
The guy does not do if every week at a good enough level ...

matreddog
16-01-2014, 07:10 AM
thought he looked promising when he was here, when you consider we had grolt who nearly went on and got an england call up mcgoldrick whos banging them in every week and garner who seems to now be living up to expectations it makes you wonder what went wrong at forest for these three.

KeeptheCityGround
16-01-2014, 07:57 AM
thought he looked promising when he was here, when you consider we had grolt who nearly went on and got an england call up mcgoldrick whos banging them in every week and garner who seems to now be living up to expectations it makes you wonder what went wrong at forest for these three.

I rated Joe Garner here, he was a good footballer. Good in the air for his height, saw a pass, linked play up well and was calm in front of goal. As per usual a lack of games in a row didn't help and a bad injury. He scored some very important goals that helped keep us up when Billy first took over.