PDA

View Full Version : Our head of Sports Science has gone.

Hammerman69
15-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Rolls with it

West Ham United's Head of Sports Science, Andy Rolls, has parted company with the Club.

Rolls spent four-and-a-half years at the Boleyn Ground, having moved from Watford in June 2009 after four years with the Hornets.

He spent three years learning his trade at Chelsea before moving to Vicarage Road in the summer of 2005 where he was recognised by the Championship club as having played a "***** role in Watford's promotion [to the Premier League] in his first season".

Referred to as "a leader in the industry with many other clubs copying [his] techniques and systems," Rolls was a constant figure in the dugout during his tenure at West Ham, where he would often be seen sporting an earpiece.

News of his departure was revealed by the Club's strength and conditioning coach Matthew Monte-Colombo via his Twitter account this afternoon [Tuesday], although the message has since been removed. The Hammers are yet to confirm who, if anyone, will replace Rolls. - [url=http://kumb.

Tone_Loc
15-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Well... judging by our injury list and chequered performances in that time period... you are left wondering quite where the "science" is ???

Hammerman69
15-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Yeah...I wasn't hugely surprised ! ;D

dagenhamJohn
15-01-2014, 05:36 PM
and here's the new 1 :)

Hammers recruit Rogan
Dominic Rogan has joined the Club's Sports Science and Medical Department
SendSend PrintPrint RssRSS

West Ham United would like to welcome Dominic Rogan to the Club as part of a revamped Sports Science and Sports Medicine department

Rogan has joined the following six successful years with Everton and a spell with Russian Premier League club Anzhi Makhachkala.

The University of Manchester graduate takes a keen interest in sports science and sports medicine and admits he cannot wait to get started in his new role.

"I am delighted to join West Ham United and I'm looking forward to meeting the staff and players," said Rogan, who hails from Preston in Lancashire. "Everyone knows the manager's reputation and he is obviously one of the pioneers of sports science and sports medicine.

"West Ham is a Premier League Club with a great fanbase and is an innovative Club in terms of sports and medicine and the fitness department. It's

BlackDiamond
15-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Well a good appointment and a timely one. With all our injuries Andy has been stood down and removed as Head. The club have released the normal "thanks for everything" b.ollocks, nobody on here is buying that at all. We all know the truth.

Norfolkammer
15-01-2014, 07:55 PM
And I thought Sport Science was just about managing the supply of Vick Vapour Rub.

DownTheRes
16-01-2014, 12:13 AM
[quote="BlackDiamond" b.ollocks, nobody on here is buying that at all. We all know the truth.[/quote] Well it's Arsenal's turn for the injury crisis soon then!! - view external link (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/15/arsenal-head-sport-science-west-ham)

BillyDWhizz
16-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Well it's Arsenal's turn for the injury crisis soon then!!

Talk about out of the frying pan!