PDA

View Full Version : CLEAR OUT

bonehead
15-01-2014, 03:24 PM
isnt it time we let a few players go now or got them off the wage bill if anyone will take them on loan

ROBERTSON
MARTIN
AURDEL
A J
PHILIPS - just part time coach
MOULENUX

except from aj they must know there unlikely to play again

5 wages saved - bring in 2 that are better

Vale bringing in carvalio - hes decent

AlexLeicester
15-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Two of those mentioned have contracts to summer 2015 - Audel and Molyneux. Unfortunately they are both players we could happily do without, I believe.
All the rest have contracts expiring this summer.

I do not know enough about Robertson, but his form must have zeroed: he's not even seen the bench for a while.

Phillips I totally disagree. He will relinquish the No 1 shirt, but if he is in anyway responsible for helping the vast improvement in Ben Garratt then he should be permanent goalkeeping coach and emergency 2nd or 3rd choice.

AJ and Martin? I will not disagree with Bonehead.

PAULCAFC
15-01-2014, 04:10 PM
And how much will we get for Max at the end of the season? not as much as we could have last season! and we really need some proper defenders in for crying out loud! :( :/ :s

VindePays2009
15-01-2014, 04:39 PM
I was going to reply to you on the longer thread, AlexL, but for some reason was denied access for a while.

You talked about the humbling of "professional League One players". Well, I wonder if some of them are.

Molyneux? he can't even get a game for Rochdale. We took a punt on this rough diamond, and it doesn't seem to be paying off. The way he cocks his left leg, he looks more likely to chip the ball than blast it. And the one trick this pony has must have been sussed by defences already.

Audel? We seem to have been conned here, but he did look a smart bit of business last summer. Unfortunately, any form he ever showed while being scouted seems to have deserted him, and we're stuck with him for another eigh**** months.

Guthrie? only seven appearances, the majority off the bench, tells its own tale of unfulfilled promise.

Nolan? Well, maybe there's still hope for him.

Ng? it certainly came as a surprise to me to learn that he was still at Gresty Road. Any point to his remaining

lestiverton
15-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Apparently, according to a very reliable source (especially after a few pints), Gregor is out on loan and turned out for last night's opponents.

AlexLeicester
15-01-2014, 05:01 PM
With Audel and Molyneux we will just have to hope that they decide that the Alex is not 'their place' for 'their' style of football. Best if they do a Michael West and agree to cancel their contracts. For their sakes as much as ours.

Agree about Ng. I can pass no positive comment as I have not seen him play - and I've nailed myself to my little red plastic seat at Gresty Road again this season. :-D

Guthrie? I have a bit of a soft spot for the lad and that has nowt to do with his slightly improving ability. I'd persevere.

The Academy? It's our future, so every player who comes through it must be given every possible chance.

Max Clayton? The lad is a conundrum. Every other player seems to sing his praises; he has been known to show signs of sheer brilliance; but in the same sentence there are question marks over his consistency, physical prowess and plain strength, and determination. We won't see him again this season, but maybe, just maybe, he will be our saviour in 14/15. :-?

This

fatfakir
15-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Not surprised no one's seen Ng play - I thought he was still in the Academy..?

fatfakir
15-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Also, I think you might have seen some players progress this season if their seasons hadn't been interrupted by injury (Colclough, Turton, Pogba) or had the shadow of Cornwall over it for three month.

Agree though that Audel and Robertson can go.

Would keep Guthrie possibly, depending on who's coming through from the Academy, and give Molyneux a chance to recreate the form he showed for Accrington. Not likely to have Byron next season so going to need someone who can deliver from the wing.

out0lunch
15-01-2014, 06:36 PM
I wonder re Max, he probably won't play again this season and his contract is up (great advice by his agent) will another club take a chance in Summer or wait till he proves he is back to his former self.
He could be without a club or contract!
Of course the Alex will give him another one, we do try to look after our own.

AlsagerCrewie
16-01-2014, 05:27 PM
and it continues. Thanks for everything Gregor.

VindePays2009
16-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Wasn't claiming that Ng had played for the first team, effeff.

My point was that if he only gets talked about for being sent off, then he doesn't seem on the face of it to be much of a prospect.

Waters and Nolan at least have their admirers on this board. Whereas Ng may be going the right way about making a short, sharp exit.

AlexLeicester
16-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Robertson had a shaky start with us and then went on to play quite well. Some good runs up the wing and a few decent crosses, but his form must have dropped considerably. I can understand him being behind Toots in the pecking order, but to not be considered as a sub means he must have been dire.

So now we await the announcements about Audel and Molyneux, neither of whom justify their wages, but both of whom are with us for this and next season, at the moment.

bigroof
16-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Perry Ng is only a second year scholar - give the lad a break!
With an under 21 fixture to fulfil this week, and the re-arranged Cheshire Senior Cup game, the very next day, it must've stretched the club's reserves to the limit, hence a rare game for young Perry.
Unfortunately he was sent off for protesting against a penalty decision, but I'd guess it'd be his performances in the two-year scholarship that will determine whether he's offered a professional contract or not.

sacrewebleu
16-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Bigroof calls it right, the lad is a second year scholar and as im retired Ive watched quite a few monday 21 games including both in sheffield. He's a good tough defender who has played both centre half and full back for the 21s, so he must be rated. IMO hes good enough to be offered a pro alongside baily, murdoch who have also been contributors to the 21s and obviously saunders.
My issue is the lack of opportunity for these lads, I count 6 or 7 lads we have played a part in developing this season , but there from arsenal, man city, fulham, qpr, watford etc. Good luck to them and after our start im not saying it wasnt needed, but waters, ray and particularly nolan must be wondering what happened to us developing our own. We forget that westy, murph, powell and even toots all learnt their trade in division 2. I dont post often but ive said before we are in danger of losing a crop of academy graduates if we are not careful. In NG case, his profile suggests hes from liverpool. As an exil

bigroof
17-01-2014, 07:59 AM
[quote="sacrewebleu"]Bigroof calls it right, the lad is a second year scholar and as im retired Ive watched quite a few monday 21 games including both in sheffield. He's a good tough defender who has played both centre half and full back for the 21s, so he must be rated. IMO hes good enough to be offered a pro alongside baily, murdoch who have also been contributors to the 21s and obviously saunders.
My issue is the lack of opportunity for these lads, I count 6 or 7 lads we have played a part in developing this season , but there from arsenal, man city, fulham, qpr, watford etc. Good luck to them and after our start im not saying it wasnt needed, but waters, ray and particularly nolan must be wondering what happened to us developing our own. We forget that westy, murph, powell and even toots all learnt their trade in division 2. I dont post often but ive said before we are in danger of losing a crop of academy graduates if we are not careful. In NG case, hi

sacrewebleu
17-01-2014, 10:00 AM
I was only trying to support your point on giving the ng lad a break and as id seen him play for the 21s thought I could offer an opinion. The others have had game time in the 21 games ive seen and have shown composure and quality at times hence mentioning them. Ironically I used to watch the 18s and 16s the last couple of years on a saturday before gonig the match but this year I take my grandson "egg chasing" or rugby for the uneducated like me !

If hes captain then he clearly has a chance but the midfield for 21s seems to be nolan plus whoever is out of favour in the first team, ie grant, osman, even turton before he was injured, so jones is often on the bench, so I genuinely cant judge or offer an opinion. Maybe if we dont extend the city lads loan and grant continues to play well then that gives him the opportunity to shinein the 21s as in the burnley game I thought he was a bit rushed in possession, but that is an opinion on one game. At 18s last year he played on the wing and c

AlexLeicester
17-01-2014, 10:31 AM
It's a helluva difficult balancing act for SD. The priority has to be staying in Div 1, and therefore, with no really outstanding youngsters coming through, we do not have the luxury of blooding them in the First Team. In the same breath, SD is committed to 'the Alex way' and we will always rely on the Academy for survival.

Youngsters with talent will have their heads turned by offers and carrots from richer clubs, or even pushy parents. The sensible ones will see the Alex Academy for what it has built a reputation for over the years.

For what remains of this season I think we will be relying on our loanees, plus established players to keep us up. The lads will have to wait a while and prove themselves in Development squads and U21 games.

Any suggestions where I might find a fixture list for the U21s? There may be some closer to me than South Cheshire.

scottie4960
17-01-2014, 12:29 PM
AlexLeicester the fixtures are on the main website under the development team bit I think

bigroof
17-01-2014, 02:30 PM
[quote="sacrewebleu" or rugby for the uneducated like me !

If hes captain then he clearly has a chance but the midfield for 21s seems to be nolan plus whoever is out of favour in the first team, ie grant, osman, even turton before he was injured, so jones is often on the bench, so I genuinely cant judge or offer an opinion. Maybe if we dont extend the city lads loan and grant continues to play well then that gives him the opportunity to shinein the 21s as in the burnley game I thought he was a bit rushed in possession, but that is an opinion on one g

AlexLeicester
20-01-2014, 12:01 PM
It looks like Audel is on his way (trial at Torquay permitting), which just leaves us with Molyneux as a drain on finances without adding anything to the squad.

And thank you Scottie. I'm now keen to find at out at what time of day these fixtures are played, and where - particularly the games v. Derby and then Forest.
The fixture list also states 'Friday, March 24', which, of course, it isn't. Ah well ...

scottie4960
20-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Hi Alexleicester

They usually kick off at 1pm :)

AlexLeicester
20-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Hi Alexleicester

They usually kick off at 1pm :)

Thank you, kind sir. That's a fine time for me. :-D I might get the chance to see a few of the up and coming lads. I'll contact the 'venue' for where the pitch is, as I do not expect Pride Park or the City Ground to be used.