PDA

View Full Version : The Missing A?13M

Sammy_Salt
15-01-2014, 04:38 PM
It appears DW has "forgot" to mention to Uwe the A?13M we got for James McCarthy which DW promised would be spent on new players !

Quote from UR in tonights Wigan Evening Post

a??I have made some room on the wage bill, and there may be one or two more players leaving on loan.

a??There will be more players coming in during January, a couple more loan players. I cana??t buy. The money has been spent.

Les_bradds_lad
15-01-2014, 04:43 PM
to cover wage expenses maybe the players aint on peanuts ya know ie Holt was on twenty grand plus over two years plus transfer fee would take a chunk out of it I would imagine

ladbroke8
15-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Maybe Coyles pay off and Holts pie fees

Anubis_wafc
15-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Whelans hired henchmen that put the horse's head in Coyler's bed weren't cheap but money well spent ;D

Les_bradds_lad
15-01-2014, 05:03 PM
All those trips abroad left us with nowt :blue:

Anubis_wafc
15-01-2014, 05:06 PM
All those trips abroad left us with nowt :blue:

And think of the money it cost too. ;D

springy_13
15-01-2014, 05:21 PM
biggest conman going is DW
he is not going to come out clean how he has spent kone and Mcarthy money now is he
i can just see it now
well i have just bought a hotel in barbados for close on 20m so i used Mcarthy and kone money quite an investment for the family really ;D

Les_bradds_lad
15-01-2014, 06:18 PM
The uneducated should refrain from commenting on such manners

Put thi rod away

wigwham
15-01-2014, 08:20 PM
he is not going to come out clean how he has spent kone and Mcarthy money now is he
i can just see it now
well i have just bought a hotel in barbados for close on 20m so i used Mcarthy and kone money quite an investment for the family really ;D
Aye un a new 20 room extension being built,he liked the place so much he bought it. - view external link (ww.thelownestar.com)

tommy_wafc
15-01-2014, 10:08 PM
It doesn't work like that. Transfer fees aren't payed upfront, they're done in installments over the course of a few seasons. Known as amortistation on the finances.

Our wage bill was 42m for the 2012/13 our final Premier League season. Overall for that financial year we made a profit of 0.8m, which is good news.

We get about 23m parachute payment and I'd imagine our wage bill is around 30m now. Other revenue, gate receipts and sponsors around 2m? Europa League money 2m? I reckon player amortisation outgoing around 5m? Incoming around 8m?

So we're probably breaking even for this seasons financial year. Anything we spend now will see us making a loss.

So you can take it one of two ways, next season we will drop down to around 15m parachute payment, so we're going to need to drop a few million off the wage bill. Maximum losses can be 7m.

If we spend big this January and don't get promoted then we'll risk breaking FFP for the 2014/15 financial year and risk a transfer embargo in Sum

upthalaticsNo1
16-01-2014, 02:12 AM
The money is still there, I suspect after only 3 weeks in to the job he would not want to be spending money without knowing what we already have in the whole squad, He has turned results around and also started to get rid of the excess players during this time, I for 1 think this is a very wise move considering finances are lower than last season, to spend any money on permanent players in this transfer window would be insane, especially if we do not make the playoffs, next years parachute payments will also be smaller than this years so to go gung ho in the market could literally be putting his own head on the chopping block, I think when he said the money was gone he was refering to how he saw the situation and not how the finances for new players actually is, Powell can put them away and MAF now that he has put a few away may actually get the feel for goals and continue putting them away, if this is the case we have a very good chance of making the playoffs without putting ourselves

boyceeeunderrated
16-01-2014, 09:13 AM
I said when we sold McCarthy we would see very little or none of this money...we need 2 strikers and to let wells go to hudders for 1.3mil is a joke..we should of signed him...and posters on here will always have excuses for whelan so your never going to win you cant argue with idiots

asb
16-01-2014, 10:33 AM
i can just see it now

Grow up lad, Wigan Athletic accounts have to be audited and sent to Companies House each year.
You can gain a copy from Companies House and check them out for yourself.

Be thankful we have someone like Dave Whelan owning our club and please refrain from making stupid comments, that you can't back up with facts, you could end up being liable for defamation of charactor.
Be very careful for what you put on the WWW.

asb
16-01-2014, 10:37 AM
I said when we sold McCarthy we would see very little or none of this money...we need 2 strikers and to let wells go to hudders for 1.3mil is a joke..we should of signed him...and posters on here will always have excuses for whelan so your never going to win you cant argue with idiots

Another idiot who does not know the facts.

twofootedchallenge
16-01-2014, 11:07 AM
your never going to win you cant argue with idiots

You said it Chewie ;D

And BTW FYI it's YOU'RE not YOUR and eye no watt your going two say it doz matta ;D

boyceeeunderrated
16-01-2014, 02:51 PM
so he didnt say we had money to spend ??? its the same before every window we have money then he says something else can not stand the man to be honest tight **** is being kind talk about a man who contradicts his self time after time

Another idiot who does not know the facts.[/quote]

Anubis_wafc
16-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Schools out early ;D

SDW can tell me as many porkies as he likes or spend the money on brass minatures of Paul Jewell it's not a problem.

We have and will always be a selling club and used as a stepping stone for players to move on and up.

6 million on Bosseli anyone? Unky Dave has had his fingers burnt before on signings before. I would sooner have half the team full of young ambitious players grafters that get us up the league than big money dead woods.

This club as far as I am aware is trying to build year on year not trying to got bust with in the next two ffs.

Slowly, slowly, gives us weekly football.

While i'm on it look at 3 Prem clubs already fingeres hovering over the self destruct button

Cardiff and their owner who last year complained cos ' keeper hadn't score a single goal Knows c.all about football

Hull owner threatening to pull out if dosent get his way. (No smilie face for bell end)

Southampton who the hell knows what's going on there at mo.:?

SDW may b

boyceeeunderrated
16-01-2014, 03:18 PM
I only want 2 strikers jesus... we have 1 striker who scores every blue moon its not fu c king rocket science half way threw january and hardly a word about a new player its not good enough should of signed callum wilson and nahki wells which would of been about 3 mil[quote="Anubis_wafc"]Schools out early ;D

SDW can tell me as many porkies as he likes or spend the money on brass minatures of Paul Jewell it's not a problem.

We have and will always be a selling club and used as a stepping stone for players to move on and up.

6 million on Bosseli anyone? Unky Dave has had his fingers burnt before on signings before. I would sooner have half the team full of young ambitious players grafters that get us up the league than big money dead woods.

This club as far as I am aware is trying to build year on year not trying to got bust with in the next two ffs.

Slowly, slowly, gives us weekly football.

While i'm on it look at 3 Prem clubs already fingeres ho

asb
16-01-2014, 03:27 PM
I only want 2 strikers jesus... we have 1 striker who scores every blue moon its not fu c king rocket science half way threw january and hardly a word about a new player its not good enough

Calm Down, Calm Down, we hope Nicky Maynard is on his way to us, MAF will come good under Uwe Rosler and we have the young Australian striker Patrick Antemi signed recently.

Chill out and wait to see what the rest of the season brings us?B)

springy_13
16-01-2014, 03:28 PM
asb
are you whelans love child by any chance or just his ass licker ?

Les_bradds_lad
16-01-2014, 10:38 PM
I see we still have the uneducated kn0b cheyses on here same suspects same frecking arguments and always no idea B) B)

damon_dummer
17-01-2014, 07:36 AM
asb

Neither I suspect. He just appears to be someone with an understanding of the financial situation and the fact that there is a big black hole in the club's revenue stream that needs to be filled.

asb
17-01-2014, 10:53 AM
asb

For your information you moran, i am no relation to Dave Whelan nor do i masquerade as toilet paper.
:D I prefer facts, Dave Whelan had not taken over the club when he did it would more than likely not be in existence any more.

:) We have had promotions through the Football league, numerous Wembley trips culminating in the glorious day in May last year.

Eight years in the Premier League and now with a decent manager again fighting for promotion back to the Premier League and you still don't get it.XD

springy_13
17-01-2014, 11:19 AM
hey ass licker less of the moran
one thing i do get is you are like a woman for rabbiting on and on ;D
i dont give a shyte about whelan cant stand the guy B)

Gaz_latic
17-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Tommy is right, the money may well still be there but it could be that the proportion of money that we can spend within the FFP regulations has been spent.

It is also highly likely that we are still being paid instalments from transfers this season, last season and even the season before. In all likelihood much of this money exists only on balance sheets as money owed.

That said, Jackson has said there is money available but Rosler has categorically stated that he has no intention of making permanent signings in this window. So lets not get our knickers in a twist over money that may or may not be in our account for a circumstance that we've already been told is not going to happen. Whine and moan about Whelan and his tight ****d ways all you want but the fact that we are in pretty good financial shape should be all we need to know.

I'd much rather we ran the club properly and had it drop down the leagues than see it run to the wall and die all together. It's not long since Darl

asb
17-01-2014, 05:21 PM
less of the moran
one thing i do get is you are like a woman for rabbiting on and on ;D
i dont give a shyte about whelan cant stand the guy B)

FFS give it a rest.:D