PDA

View Full Version : Morrison...latest contract talks

stevo1272
15-01-2014, 04:54 PM
On Talk Sport now... Morrison agreed and then disagreed on new contract but is still in talks,he's unhappy with his contract and feels that now he has established himself in the first team he now deserves an improved contract...he has not asked to leave and wants regular first team football..apparently he was very unhappy about being left out against Citeh last week in the cup.

Why he would want to go to Fulham can only be for the money in my opinion.

Agree though with Adrian Durham when he says is Allardyce and West Ham good enough for him...by that I mean will he improve under our style of play...not sure about it to be honest.Anyway the Fulham manager Mulenstein is apparently in the sh1t for saying the player wants to come to Fulham

Hammerman69
15-01-2014, 05:04 PM
as far as I am concerned he can **** off and so can Meulens****.

We rescued him from screwing up his career, he has caused problems since being at the club, he has played no more than 7 or 8 games for us and now wants a big contract...

Who the hell does he think he is...Ronaldo ?

BlackDiamond
15-01-2014, 05:12 PM
as far as I am concerned he can **** off.

We rescued him from screwing up his career, he has caused problems since being at the club, he has played no more than 7 or 8 games for us.

He does come across as a billy big b.ollocks. Has a surly pout and one of those I'm-better-than-you aura, wafting round his a.rse cheeks.

Flip side, he is a good prospect and I think 15K is a good reward so far. I would like to keep him.

madmax66
15-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Westham is good enough for him its allardyce that isnt.

bones
15-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Westham is good enough for him its allardyce that isnt.

Well put m8

dagenhamJohn
15-01-2014, 06:03 PM
if we can we should keep him, class act no doubt!

lots of rumours and conjecture on this 1 and apart from that milestone geezer being reported to the FA,

nothing else carries any weight whatsoever.

mrbubbles
15-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Just find all the contract talk a bit mystifying if he wanted to stay contract talk's would be all done and dusted. :/

bonzosbest74
15-01-2014, 07:05 PM
We wants 50-60k which would make him the 3rd highest earner, the club won't pay that which is why he's not signed.

SwearryThierry53
15-01-2014, 07:09 PM
It's the usual toxic combination of money grabbing agents and a kid with a big ticket on himself. This will drag on 'til the end of the window. When he sees that his only suitors are fellow relegation candidates Cardiff and Fulham he'll hopefully see sense.

And if it is true that he has a ?10m release clause in his contract, we should hold out for that imo.

NeLSon_manjaffa
15-01-2014, 07:13 PM

oh no ... he's better ... he's " ravel " .

the silly kunt!

behrami_army
15-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Doesnt his wages automatically go up to 60k a week if a team bids 10 million up front? With a minimum release clause of 18 million?

Norfolkammer
15-01-2014, 07:44 PM
nothing else carries any weight whatsoever.

Apart from Allardyce!

Tone_Loc
16-01-2014, 12:01 AM
It's the usual toxic combination of money grabbing agents and a kid with a big ticket on himself. This will drag on 'til the end of the window. When he sees that his only suitors are fellow relegation candidates Cardiff and Fulham he'll hopefully see sense.

Yeah but to be fair... he's sitting there week after week watching other midfielders picked in front of him by a manager who appears not to show much interest.

However misguided he may be, he does believe he has an outside chance (perhaps with injuries) in making the England squad to the WC.
So warming the subs bench for Allardyce ... he wants to move. I don't really have a problem with that.

But FULHAM FFS XD X-D

hammerwell06
16-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Ravel MorrisonA?dropped a couple of subtle hints that suggest he wants to remain at West Ham today.

His Hammers future has been under growing speculation this month and appeared to have reached boiling point whenA?FulhamA?manager Rene Meulens**** admitted he had a bid for Morrison rejected by West Ham and that he believes Ravel wants to join the Cottagers.

Rumours of Ravela??s desperation to be reunited with Meulens****, after working with him at Manchester United, have been thrown around all day, with many fans unhappy with the 20-year-old for either wanting to leave or not coming out publicly to clear up all the uncertainty.

And Morrison did just that late this afternoon when posted a picture on his official Instagram page with him standing pitch side at the Boleyn Ground. It suggested the he was happy to be a West Ham player and that his allegiance is with the club for the time being at least.

Read in to his photo all you like, but ita??s certainly a way of showing the fans that

jon15u
16-01-2014, 06:22 AM
cant knock him for thinking hes worth more than hes being paid, and cant blame him either when you see some of the others performances.

Do you think he is better than some we have playing week in week out at the moment? Forget hes only played seven or eight games, ( not his fault, put that down to Froggies stubborness.) Do you think hes worth keeping , or maybe just a flash of brilliance that will fade in a short time? If the former, then we should keep him.

We have been crying out to keep him , and we all knew the cost when we were. Now hes asking for it to be tabled, and in my opinion fairly so cause hes as good as, if not better than, some of the players strolling around our pitch every saturday, we moan and say hes not worth it, hes only played so many games etc.

Is he as good as some of our more senior players, if not better? If yes then why shouldnt he get pay parity? If you were a dustman getting £1000 per month would you like it if an older dustman, doing the same work ( a

rednekst
16-01-2014, 08:40 AM
What should be really appreciated here is that Morrison is a 'prospect' at the moment.

The club has seen over the years many 'prospects' who have failed to make the grade.

Can't blame his agent for 'demanding' billy-big-borrocks wages but that is only after the media and us demanded his status be upgraded.

If he won't lay down get rid!

bonzosbest74
16-01-2014, 08:41 AM
For me it's simple, he's our top scorer and probably the only player in our team with a sniff of getting in the World Cup squad yet Diarra earns over twice as much. Alongside O'brien he's the lowest earner in the squad, he clearly deserves a pay rise.

The board have it within their power to tie down a very good player on a decent contract which is surely better than selling him for less than Matt Jarvis.

PDGPaul
16-01-2014, 10:45 AM
I will be gutted if he leaves. Whilst he is obviously a flawed individual and needs good management and guidance, he has a great future in the game providing he remains controlled.
This is an opportunity for SA to demonstrate to the owners and the fans whether or not he has the man management skills required to develop the player. In only 30 months time we will be kicking of in the OS and it really needs to be in the premier with a strong and exiting squad.

BlackDiamond
16-01-2014, 12:02 PM
and it really needs to be in the premier with a strong and exiting squad.

We don't need an "Exiting" squad,we need to stay in the division !

PDGPaul
16-01-2014, 12:26 PM
I did of course mean "exciting" which I am sure we would all prefer as opposed to dull.

dagger
16-01-2014, 01:06 PM
would like him to stay but if his gone on strike as i have heard then he dont really care about the club and IF that is the case he can jog on..cheque please next wannabe **** from up north please

WHU f uck the rest

davee59
16-01-2014, 01:11 PM
"If you were a dustman getting £1000 per month would you like it if an older dustman, doing the same work ( and maybe not as competantly) got more just because hes a bit older."

I think that is what we call the real world Jon. Footballers are in a world of their own.

Hammerman69
16-01-2014, 02:10 PM
[quote="davee59"

I think that is what we call the real world Jon. Footballers are in a world of their own.[/quote]

Davee...point taken but it would be nice if he had emptied a few bins first before demanding a wage increase !!!

bones
16-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Morrison added: "Although it is frustrating to read some of the reports in the media, I always try to keep my focus on the next game and show people with my performances on the pitch that I want to do well for West Ham United.

"I've been working really hard over the past few weeks to get back to full fitness after missing a couple of recent games with a groin injury.

"I'm feeling fine now and I'm hoping to be involved in Saturday's important game with Newcastle and then the Capital One Cup semi-final with Manchester City on Tuesday."

from his tweeter account

The lies people make up its unreal
— ra'vel (@morrisonravel) January 16, 2014 - view external link (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/360807/Ex-Man-Utd-man-Ravel-Morrison-blasts-lies-as-speculation-mounts-over-his-West-Ham)

Taansend
16-01-2014, 04:54 PM
For me it's simple, he's our top scorer and probably the only player in our team with a sniff of getting in the World Cup squad yet Diarra earns over twice as much. Alongside O'brien he's the lowest earner in the squad, he clearly deserves a pay rise.

Agree with you re Ravel but I think that Carroll has more than a sniff of getting into the World Cup squad. More of a chance than Morrison if he stays fit.

Oh, hang on... I just realised what I said there XD

On a separate matter it's f.ucking amazing how quickly some of you lot turn on our players at just the slightest bit of groundless gossip from the press.

Oh, hang on... he's black, isn't he XD

As you were B)

madmax66
16-01-2014, 05:17 PM
[quote="davee59"

I think that is what we call the real world Jon. Footballers are in a world of their own.[/quote]Now that sounds a bit like a morrison and nolan scenario if you catch my meaning.;D

jon15u
16-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Now that sounds a bit like a morrison and nolan scenario if you catch my meaning.;D

That did enter my mind as i typed those words.
Also the fact i knew there was gonna be a dig.:)