PDA

View Full Version : Maiga to QPR

dagenhamJohn
15-01-2014, 06:11 PM
The Hammers are ready to send the Mali striker on loan to QPR as they bid to make room on their wage bill after handing Carlton Cole a £25,000-per-week contract extension

West Ham are ready to take a £4 million hit on striker Modibo Maiga in a bid to remove him from their wage bill, Goal has learned.

Queens Park Rangers are leading the chase for Maiga, who has failed to make an impact at Upton Park since joining from French side Sochaux for around £5m in 2012.

Goal can reveal that agents are working on a deal which would see Maiga sent out on loan to Loftus Road, with the Rs able to make the move permanent for just £1m at the end of the season.

The 26-year-old has scored just once in 14 Premier League appearances this term and is now set to be offloaded, with the Hammers needing to make room in their pay structure after handing Carlton Cole a new deal understood to be in the region of £25,000-per-week.

Cole, who was released by the Hammers last summer, was re-signed on a short-t

thomas_swe
15-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Likely as the (knock on wood) Traore-deal looks set to happen. and with us never ever playing 2 strikers we really do not need 4

OZHAMMER
15-01-2014, 09:51 PM
if we've learnt anything from the cole fiasco, it is that we should not let maiga go until traore has passed the medical, signed on the dotted line, and is on the training ground working on getting match fit.

call me cynical, but anything involving big sam, harry, west ham, qpr, maiga and 7'3" flightless bird from africa has circus written all over it :D

wiglet
16-01-2014, 01:57 AM
i thought he was 6'8" unless he's grown half a foot in a week?

wiglet
16-01-2014, 01:57 AM
i thought he was 6'8" unless he's grown half a foot in a week?

OZHAMMER
16-01-2014, 02:07 AM
he is 6'8"

palerider
16-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Had a day on trial at QPR and they sent him back according to SSN.

Says it all really.