PDA

View Full Version : What kind of a man is Potty?

chiswickmart
16-01-2014, 07:52 AM
Tough day for Potty - he's told us that he would leave the club if Cortese departed. So is he a man of his word or not?

kernow
16-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Maybe, maybe not.
He's already on record as saying he would leave so I expect him to leave. His position is now difficult, if not untenable.

BlueAdder
16-01-2014, 08:38 AM
Maybe he will wait until Cortese is in place elsewhere before following him. Although why not stay? He is with a good club with a good set up and no reason why he should not continue his success at Southampton.

chiswickmart
16-01-2014, 09:55 AM
I agree with you Bladder, it's a decent gig for him. But it would go against what he previously told us.

I guess he would want assurances that Liebherr isn't just going to sell all the assets before getting out (which seems most likely).

OhWell
16-01-2014, 10:00 AM
I think he is very loyal to Cortese. Hopefully, they will return at the head of a new consortium of owners.

Katharina Liebherr is looking to sell the club asap, which is the main reason Cortese resigned. The favourite to be the new owner is China's wealthiest man, Wang Jianlin. Unfortunately, his will probably be a rival bid to the Cortese consortium's, and the more likely one to prevail.

You certainly aren't going to hear Cortese or Pochettino say anything negative about Katharina right now as they are hoping to do business with her.

Pentridge
16-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Is this hearsay or fact?

OhWell
16-01-2014, 10:13 AM
It won't be a fact until the sale has been completed.

Pentridge
16-01-2014, 10:22 AM
So it's balderdash and piffle at the moment then?

Or are you ITK?

chiswickmart
16-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Cortese doesn't strike me as a man to go back. Onwards and upwards I'd have thought.

And as for China's wealthiest man...to borrow a line from Fiddley...

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

BlueAdder
16-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Where is Fiddler by the way?
Very quiet on this subject.

CostaBaz
16-01-2014, 11:54 AM
If Cortese has any plans to return, I would hope his passing shot to MP would be to sit tight for the next few weeks/or until the end of the season.

NC has shown that he plans for the long term, and if he has been working his notice, for the last three months, I cannot imagine him leaving now without having his next move planned.

Whether or not that involves Saints, is yet to be seen.
As is the conjecture that KL is planning to sell the club.

I am sure there will be leaks, via twitter, as the players hear about what is happening, but I cannot see players being sold, if that is the plan, until we have a CEO on site to handle negotiations.

Pentridge
16-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Where is Fiddler by the way?
Very quiet on this subject.

I think he's having issues logging in since the change of servers. I'm sure I saw a 'ponyfiddler2' down the bottom of the page under the newest user tab the other day.

saintwayne
16-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Cortese doesn't strike me as a man to go back. Onwards and upwards I'd have thought.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

He is the top man at the company that controls Sunseeker, who already have a sponsorship deal with us and are apparantly looking at opening a new yard in Southampton too, so it kind of makes some sense, though probably a case of putting 2+2 together and getting 5.

If KL is wanting to sell the club, I doubt she will sell off all the valuables first as it would significantly reduce the value of the club and make it much harder to sell.

chiswickmart
17-01-2014, 08:21 AM
Interesting point Wayne, but not sure I agree. The value in your club is the Prem status, the ground and training facilities. The price your club would be sold for would be largely based on those things. Selling off a couple of full backs, an ageing striker and a gobby midfielder is unlikely to change the overall value that much.

Brockley_Jack
17-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Interesting point Wayne, but not sure I agree. The value in your club is the Prem status, the ground and training facilities. The price your club would be sold for would be largely based on those things. Selling off a couple of full backs, an ageing striker and a gobby midfielder is unlikely to change the overall value that much.

Nonsense. Selling the club minus it's top players would have too significant an increase inrisk. Selling the club with all key components in place will ensure a healthier price. You wouldn't buy a champion racehorse if it meant entering the race with no shoes now, would you?

chiswickmart
17-01-2014, 01:25 PM

Nonsense. Selling the club minus it's top players would have too significant an increase inrisk. Selling the club with all key components in place will ensure a healthier price. You wouldn't buy a champion racehorse if it meant entering the race with no shoes now, would you?[/quote]

No, but I might buy a large company minus a few shop floor boys.

RICKYwillTAKEusUP
17-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Direct quote from KL today:

"The Club has no plans to sell any of the squad during the January transfer window"

Phhhewwww, breathe a huge sigh of relief boys, it seems all might not be so bad afterall :)

PapaLazarou
17-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Direct quote from KL today:

"The Club has no plans to sell any of the squad during the January transfer window"

I can only assume that Ms. Liebherr hasn't read a paper or listened to the radio over the past 36 hours..

We're are officially club in crisis, with Cortese's departure triggering a meltdown of nuclear proportions and all players handing in transfer requests..

Brockley_Jack
17-01-2014, 02:28 PM

Nonsense. Selling the club minus it's top players would have too significant an increase inrisk. Selling the club with all key components in place will ensure a healthier price. You wouldn't buy a champion racehorse if it meant entering the race with no shoes now, would you?[/quote]

No, but I might buy a large company minus a few shop floor boys.[/quote]

You might not if the loss of the shop floor boys meant your business might not turn over the same amount of revenue next year, or presented a risk th

Pentridge
17-01-2014, 05:03 PM
What would pompey fans know about due diligence ffs!

proclaimer
17-01-2014, 05:18 PM

No, but I might buy a large company minus a few shop floor boys.[/quote]

You might not if the loss of the shop floor boys meant your business might not turn over the same

OhWell
18-01-2014, 11:22 PM

It's absolutely hilarious, isn't it?

Southampton could become Premier League's richest club as Chinese billionaire Wang Jianlin eyes £175million takeover

Jan 18, 2014 22:30
By Peter White, Dave Kidd

Mirror.co.uk

RICKYwillTAKEusUP
10-02-2014, 06:16 PM
"I'm very calm about my future and am already thinking ahead and planning for next season" - Poch in press conference today :) Hopefully that next season is with Saints :)

BileysThere
11-02-2014, 08:34 PM
What would pompey fans know about due diligence ffs!

Sadly we should know more than most now but hopefully you will be able to update us soon.