PDA

View Full Version : Queens v Raith Rovers

aloreburn
16-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Another home fixture for Queens this weekend and let's hope for another performance & result like Saturday past .

Can't see McHugh going straight into the starting 11 so he'll just have to settle for a place on the bench .

If we approached this game with the same attitude as last Saturday then we should come away with another victory

Same starting 11 please for McIntyre

blazerman
16-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Lets hope for a similar performance to last Saturday and as aloreburn has already said I hope its the same starting line up.With McHugh being signed surely this will keep Gavin and Del on their toes.

topfitter
17-01-2014, 04:12 PM
At tomorrows match, Queen of the South FC versus Raith Rovers FC we have Heston Rovers FC and Threave Rovers FC youths playing Fun Fives at half-time. Please give the kids your usual great support - view external link (http://queenstrust.org/?p=187)

aloreburn
17-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Very little talk about the game on here again .

Would anybody like to give us their thoughts please ?

JRSLEFTPEG
17-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Yeh mate , I will. We have slowly been improving and the signs are there that we will have a better second half to the season than first ie better keeper , more settled defence and reintroduction of Paul Burns . I am confident of winning tomorrow against a team thats hitting a sticky patch. A tough game as what you expect against Raith but we can do it. Got to add that we need JM to be far more consistent in his selections to improve .

qosdreamer
17-01-2014, 06:48 PM
I hope Jim goes with the same team as last week.He might be tempted to start with McHugh but i hope its not at the expense of Gavin.We need to press from the front again with the midfield backing up like last week.Raith are a bad run so we must try and take advantage in our home match.

Tam_o_Terregles
17-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Personally, I'll be amazed if the manager keeps the same side. I do hope the he does play the same side and formation. Two forwards... Who would have thunk it?
Mc Hugh...? Maybe signed to keep Reilly and Lyle on their toes. If so, fine. Is there any pressure on the manager to play him ahead of our own guys, I wonder.

billyqos
18-01-2014, 10:46 AM
McHugh has got to make an appearance surely so MAYBE using him for first half/hour mark would be beneficial for Gavin's entry - thinking his speed against tiring
defenders? Option?

Lefty3
18-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Think it will be the same starting eleven as last week barring injuries.If Queens can play like they did last week pressing high up the park, then i'm sure they can win this game.Raith's form has been poor the last few games, but it's still a very tough fixture.They will have to mark Elliot tight because he moves all over park and is a very clever player.He'll have a job trying to chip Clark but no doubt he will try it as he does in most games.
Mc Hugh will hopefully get a run the last 20mins, but he's only been playing U20 games mainly so it's a big step up.Hopefully Danny will get a run as well, and we use the wings to good effect like last week.C'mon Queeeeeens!

aloreburn
18-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Burns out & McShane in . Apart from that it's the same as last weekend

Burnsy not even in the squad , must be injured :(

Auld_Chippy
19-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Three well deserved points taking us up to mid-table, albeit on the same points total as a few other teams. Apart from a couple of scares by Raith early and late in the game I thought we looked quite comfortable and I can't remember Zander having a direct shot to save. We looked capable of going on to score more goals, or at least create more chances but sat back to defend our one goal lead, always a tricky situation and not good for the heart. The best form of defence is attack and we did pick it up a bit when Danny was introduced in the last few minutes. Here's hoping that McIntyre has finally realised our best formation and doesn't feel the need to change it for next weeks potentially difficult game at Morton.

John_fi_Skye
20-01-2014, 12:32 AM
I thought we looked really solid. I thought we looked like we really knew what we were doing defensively. Whenever anybody was out of position (eg Holt or Mitch upfield attacking) somebody (often McKenna) would be plugging the gap. I thought Gavin as MoM was a good decision, and I think a case could have been made for him as our best defender - he covered an enormous amount of ground, constantly harrying their defenders and their midfield, and I think he must have broken up half their attacks before they got started. But I didn't think we had any failures, and as has been said it was a well-deserved three points. Mind you, they did hit the woodwork, so things might have been different. Maybe also worth saying that it was good to watch a game where we didn't end up enraged or exasperated because of eccentric or incompetent refereeing.