PDA

View Full Version : Last nights support

walkersteeler
16-01-2014, 09:16 AM
absolutely superb, stuck with them and when city scored the 5th and the entire away end started the poznan- It was a great moment. There is a great pic on FB of it.

An amazing following for live on ITV.

Just one thing- DJ Gamble has not one single redeeming feature. He cant hold the ball up, doesn't link play by coming short, has no pace for over the top...quite frankly is absolutely pants.

MillHillRover
16-01-2014, 09:47 AM
My youngest lad went last night with his boss who is a City fan they were sat in the Colin Bell stand or should I say "THE BELL END" and when I spoke to him when he got home he said the Rovers support was amazing and even the City fans around them were saying the Rovers support was as good as they had ever seen at the Etihad.

jordan12rhodes
16-01-2014, 03:08 PM
pity the team didn`t perform anything like the support..

a real anti climax i thought 2nd half. hope we don`t carry that into the forest game..

accyrover
16-01-2014, 04:15 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2qbrxmp.jpg

Here's the Poznan picture. Excellent following, a real sod it lets enjoy ourselves attitude. That's what going away is all about.

As for the game I don't think we disgraced ourselves at all. The goal on half time knocked it out of us, but we did come close a few times at 2-0 so if one of those went in then who knows what could have happened. And lets not forget that better sides have been there a conceded more this season.

All in all a good do.

DanRrr
16-01-2014, 04:27 PM
pity the team didn`t perform anything like the support..

a real anti climax i thought 2nd half. hope we don`t carry that into the forest game..

On the OP - the support was absolutely amazing from begining to end. An anbolute credit to every Rovers fan!!

Performance - Given that we played the 2nd half, with effectively the 3rd choice goalkeeper, no Scott Dann, no Dunn and no Rhodes I'd say they did OK. We were never going to win it in a million years. But what really got me was no player hid from the game. Let's also not forget that this is the youngest team in the Championship.

And just to put the scoreline into persepective, here's a list of Citeh's home games this season.

Manchester City Results

January 2014

Man City 5-0 Blackburn
Wed 15 Jan Full time Report
Premier League

Man City 6-0 West Ham
Wed 8 Jan Full time Report
FA Cup - Third Round

Blackburn 1-1 Man City
Sat 4 Jan Full time Report
Premier Leagu

jordan12rhodes
16-01-2014, 04:51 PM
well imo, city didn`t have to work hard enough for their win 2nd half. it was a pathetic effort from start to finish of that half. aguero`s goal in particular was an embarressment..

let`s just hope dann and robbo are back against forest, as kilgallon and eastwood are way short of the standard we require..

champs95
16-01-2014, 05:26 PM
well imo, city didn`t have to work hard enough for their win 2nd half. it was a pathetic effort from start to finish of that half. aguero`s goal in particular was an embarressment..

let`s just hope dann and robbo are back against forest, as kilgallon and eastwood are way short of the standard we require..

Also Gestede and Rhodes.
If a side like us loses 4 or 5 of our best players, it hits us very very hard.
We certainly did not disgrace ourselves last night.

The 1st half we where very much in the game. Having seen alsot of City's games this season, I think Arsenal where the only side I can say where in the game at that point...and they conceeded 6 goals that game. Oh and Bayern Munich.
As we are simply not on those clubs level, we did okay.
More importantly, we didnt roll over and die like almost every other club who goes to the Eithad. We lost because we are not as rich as Man City. It really is that simple.
I would

alfinyalcabo
16-01-2014, 05:36 PM

Also Gestede and Rhodes.
If a side like us loses 4 or 5 of our best players, it hits us very very hard.
We certainly did not disgrace ourselves last night.

The 1st half we where very much in the game. Having seen alsot of City's games this season, I think Arsenal where the only side I can say where in the game at that point...and they conceeded 6 goals that game. Oh and Bayern Munich.
As we are simply not on those clubs level, we did okay.
More importantly, we didnt roll over and die like almost every other club who goes to the Eithad. We lost because we are not as rich a

duncandisorderley
16-01-2014, 05:36 PM

I wouldnt want to follow that kind of a club. each victory is a very hallow one.[/quote]

Tell us again what it was that made a young lad living in Bury support Blackburn Rovers in the early 90's please ;D

bigmoon
16-01-2014, 06:13 PM

Don't feed the troll...

blueandwhitehalves1
16-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Anyone else think our fans sing every single song way too fast though? Wasn't there last night and whilst the constant noise on TV indicated it must have been very good support, it really is tough to make out many of the songs or think of any that lasted more than about 20 seconds.

On the odd occasion City sang they probably weren't louder but they seemed it because you could actually make out what their fans were singing. Our songs sound like a cross between a speeded up cd and a bunch of primary school kids who can't keep in time. It frankly sounds moronic at times.

Its so frustrating as well when we could be deafening but aren't because the singing is seemingly being led by giddy, drunk secondary school kids.

DanRrr
16-01-2014, 06:56 PM
the singing is seemingly being led by giddy, drunk secondary school kids.

This is true. But in all honesty, who else is going to lead it? Until the DE reopened you could hear a pin drop at games and there was that bloke banging his bloody drum in the BE to try and get something going.

Fair play to them, at least they have brought a noise back, and any is better then none.

seventwo
16-01-2014, 07:29 PM

Don't feed the nonce...[/quote]

Corrected for you.

The word has been in existence for hundreds of years and one particular meaning fits Saxo perfectly. So nonce it is.

This post, as most of his posts, also demonstrates the suitability of nonce.

w11ons
16-01-2014, 07:30 PM
we done last night you lot. if your team played like you sang we'd be out of the cup now.

good luck.

jordan12rhodes
16-01-2014, 08:20 PM

Corrected for you.

The word has been in existence for hundreds of years and one particular meaning fits Saxo perfectly. So nonce it is.

This post, as most of his posts, also demonstrates the suitability of nonce.[/quote]

everyone knows exactly what your doing and what you are attempting to get away with..

another complaint issued.

champs95
16-01-2014, 08:20 PM

I wouldnt want to follow that kind of a club. each victory is a very hallow one.[/quote]

Tell us again what it was that made a young lad living in Bury support Blackburn Rovers in the early 90's please ;D[/quote]

Well, as all my friends, most of my family are ManU fans, OT is closer and easier for me to go to. If what your suggesting is true, I probs would've gone and watched United. Or City. So not sure what you mean? Who says I started in the 90's? You. My first game on Ewood was 1986, I was going most weeks by 88 onwa

seventwo
16-01-2014, 08:52 PM

Corrected for you.

This post, as most of his posts, also demonstrates the suitability of nonce.[/quote]

everyone knows exactly what your doing and what you are attempting to get away with..

another complaint issued.[/quote

As usual you are wrong.

My post is accurate, honest, legal and decent.

It infers nothing and does exactly wh

seventwo
16-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Apologies to the OP for Saxo's ignorance detracting from a very worthy post.

The fans really were superb, too quick as usual but excellent nonetheless.

Stan_van_nel
16-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Well I for one couldn't hear you all game.

I know what you're going to say... you should have had the tele or radio on.

gardsPNE
16-01-2014, 09:50 PM
It was an excellent following considering... and at 2-0 down you brought on your sub on and for 10 mins you were the better team and two very good chances created, would have brought you back in the game but sadly after the 2nd of the good chances missed City went down the other end and stabbed you in the heart 3-0 game over and thats when your heads went.

AucklandRover
16-01-2014, 10:21 PM

That's a bit harsh, JR. The killer-moment was conceding the first goal in injury time. As GB has said, the players were a bit naive when so many went up for our corner just before that.
In the second half, we could have gone for damage-limitation, but the players clearly wanted to play decent football. As a consequence, City started to play a fast-break, counter-attacking game, and they did it brilliantly.
I agree that we missed Dann, but if we had held out till half-time, we would have kept the psychological advantage. I knew we were doomed from the moment the first one went in, but 5-0 is very flattering to City.
There w

DanRrr
16-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Glad you got the chance to see a full Rovers game Aucks. I remember you saying how difficult it was to see games since we went down. I'm also glad you got to see the spirt this lot have. Hopefully that game will be a massive lift for the rest of the season.