PDA

View Full Version : v Burnley...

Howie5o
16-01-2014, 11:15 AM
..now live on sky ..Sunday March 9th..12.30pm ko

walkersteeler
16-01-2014, 11:29 AM
crap...

thats a 16,000 crowd then liken their was at turf morgue.

Howie5o
16-01-2014, 11:33 AM
crap...

thats a 16,000 crowd then liken their was at turf morgue.

was thinking exactly the same Walker ..good excuse for both Blackburn and Burnley fans not to bother ..and hardly going to slash ticket prices seen as Burnley a category A+ ..(wtf ??)..although im sure if Burnley hadnt been as greedy with ticket prices at Turf then Rovers would have done like wise for the home game ..

needle
16-01-2014, 11:59 AM
TV or no TV . Drop the coach travel and even at £35 a ticket Burnley will fill The Darwen End for the next derby game !

Howie5o
16-01-2014, 12:34 PM
TV or no TV . Drop the coach travel and even at A?35 a ticket Burnley will fill The Darwen End for the next derby game !

...and so they should ..going for automatic promotion and a chance to finally do the old enemy ..

DarwenBlue1969
17-01-2014, 09:52 AM
More cash in the coffers.

Quickenthetempo
17-01-2014, 01:50 PM
You won't be getting my cash this year. The crushing under the concourse last year when all fans arrived at once has seen to that. We have been given half the upper tier this year so that was going to be an option but will settle for the tellybox and spend my hard earned on a trip to Bournemouth instead.

Howie5o
17-01-2014, 02:38 PM
You won't be getting my cash this year. The crushing under the concourse last year when all fans arrived at once has seen to that. We have been given half the upper tier this year so that was going to be an option but will settle for the tellybox and spend my hard earned on a trip to Bournemouth instead.

XD ..at least the lights were on so you could see you were getting crushed at Ewood ..fckin pitch black under that death trap of an end at Turf in September

Font_of_knowledge
18-01-2014, 09:40 AM

XD ..at least the lights were on so you could see you were getting crushed at Ewood ..fckin pitch black under that death trap of an end at Turf in September[/quote]

Well it's a good job you only sold just over half the stand then, isn't it?! ;D

Howie5o
18-01-2014, 09:54 AM

XD ..at least the lights were on so you could see you were getting crushed at Ewood ..fckin pitch black under that death trap of an end at Turf in September[/quote]

Well it's a good job you only sold just over half the stand then, isn't it?! ;D[/quote]

XD ...like it

And you lot wouldnt have got crushed if you didnt keep having 10000 fans locked outside at every away game trying to get in ! :P

blueandwhitehalves1
18-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Seems Lancashire Police pretty much wrote the book on how to ruin a football derby. 12:30 on a sunday, what a complete joke.

martincat
19-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Quickenthetempo

Ewood park concourse are one of the most generous

On the other hand Turd Moor Away end is the worst that I ever been to. How the safety certificate hasn't been revoked astounds me. That's even before you get to facilities and those wooden seats

But nice to see you're picking you games to avoid the misery at Ewood.

Font_of_knowledge
19-01-2014, 10:52 AM
The concourse at Burnley is fine for the amount of fans in the stand, that's why it gets a safety certificate. What it isn't designed for is 2,400 fans being dumped under the stand all at the same time, which is what the police do. The Blackburn concourse isn't designed for this either.

Our two large stands are designed wrong as well. We have small bottom tiers, with huge concourses, and large top tiers with small concourses. They do it that way so as to charge people more for a 'better' view. Ridiculous.

Wooden seats? What has that got to do with a safety certificate?

MillHillRover
19-01-2014, 11:24 AM

Ask any Bradford fan who was at the Valley Parade on the 11th of May 1985 and they'll tell ya :(

tonymorleysbaldhead
19-01-2014, 01:53 PM
'Ask any Bradford fan who was at the Valley Parade on the 11th of May 1985 and they'll tell ya'...

Erm, think that was a wooden stand. Slightly different.

Font_of_knowledge
19-01-2014, 02:17 PM

Ask any Bradford fan who was at the Valley Parade on the 11th of May 1985 and they'll tell ya :([/quote]

This is the trouble. As per TMH, a few people continue with the 'wooden stand' angle and then all of a sudden it's a wooden fire risk of a stand. The stand is concrete, with steelwork holding the thing up, and steelwork for the seats. The only thing wooden is the the big thick seat that you park your arse on. Not that anybody actually sits in there anyway. Bradford was a fully wooden stand built in 1908!. We replaced our old wooden stand and concrete paddock in 1973 with the Bob Lord. You replaced yours in 1993, 20 years later.

After 40 years the CFS, and to a far lesser extent the BLS could do with replacing, and will be when we've enjoyed Premier League money again. You've been lucky in that r

bigmoon
19-01-2014, 03:35 PM
You've been lucky in that respect and need to remember where you came from!

MillHill is one of them people that doesn't need reminding where we have come from...

DanRrr
19-01-2014, 03:45 PM

MillHill is one of them people that doesn't need reminding where we have come from...[/quote]

Have you some massive step ladders you could lend Lackofknowledge Moonie? I think he's struggling to get down off his horse.

Font_of_knowledge
19-01-2014, 05:53 PM

MillHill is one of them people that doesn't need reminding where we have come from...[/quote]

Have you some massive step ladders you could lend Lackofknowledge Moonie? I think he's struggling to get down off his horse.[/quote]

Calling me 'LackofKnowledge' suggests incorrect facts. Stop making yourself look silly.B)

yorkyclaret
19-01-2014, 06:05 PM

Ask any Bradford fan who was at the Valley Parade on the 11th of May 1985 and they'll tell ya :([/quote]

This is the trouble. As per TMH, a few people continue with the 'wooden stand' angle and then all of a sudden it's a wooden fire risk of a stand. The stand is concrete, with steelwork holding the thing up, and steelwork for the seats. The only thing wooden is the the big thick seat that you park your arse on. Not that anybody actually sits in there anyway. Bradford was a fully wooden stand built in 1908!. We replaced our old wooden stand and concrete paddock in 1973 with the Bob Lord. You replaced yours in 1993, 20 years later.

After 40 years the CFS, and to a far lesser extent the BLS could do with replacing, and will be when we've enjoyed

backofthenet
19-01-2014, 06:08 PM
No, just demolishing:-)

yorkyclaret
19-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Don't know what you lot are bothered about our ground for anyway, not like you're ever going to get to play there again is it. :)

DanRrr
19-01-2014, 06:44 PM

Have you some massive step ladders you could lend Lackofknowledge Moonie? I think he's struggling to get down off his horse.[/quote]

Calling me 'LackofKnowledge' suggests incorrect facts. Stop making yourself look silly.B)[/quote]

It's called wit. Obviously went a little over your head.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-023.GIF

yorkyclaret
19-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Have you still got the Alfa Dan?

backofthenet
19-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Still playing pool yorky?

yorkyclaret
19-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Interesting question, no havn't had a game for many years.

backofthenet
19-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Me neither :-)

DanRrr
19-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Have you still got the Alfa Dan?

Not the one I agonised over on here before buying the greatest bargin ever. I now have a more modern, faster full leather, interior facelift model in black that goes like sh1t of a shovel Yorky. Comfey, fun to drive, handles great, not bad at all on fuel. I'm really glad most people are too scared to own one. A hell of a lot of car, for not too much cash. Result ;D

yorkyclaret
19-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Good point, great looking car as well, but I'm not brave enough to buy one.

DanRrr
19-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Good point, great looking car as well,

I do admit to the occasional backwards glance after parking up XD