PDA

View Full Version : Rickie Lambert & The Cobra

BlackDiamond
16-01-2014, 03:00 PM
The Telegraph reports Southampton (they are in big trouble now) have agreed a 7 million fee from West Ham. Player discussing personal terms.

Carlton Cole rewarded with a forty thousand per week contract.

It's raining strikers ! What fun...and bring on the Toon XD

rednekst
16-01-2014, 03:16 PM
With our luck he will require a work permit due to the fact he comes from the south coast!!!XD

Hammerman69
16-01-2014, 03:25 PM
With our luck he will require a work permit due to the fact he comes from the south coast!!!XD

XD XD XD XD

bazwillrun
16-01-2014, 04:17 PM
The Cobra is doing well...only a couple of days ago it was reported he was on £25k...hes nearly doubled his money without kicking a ball !

Taansend
16-01-2014, 04:45 PM
I truly hope we don't sign Lambert as it will stir up the whole 'sausage' sage again & I'm not sure I'm emotionally strong enough to deal with that at present.

BillyDWhizz
16-01-2014, 08:07 PM
?7 Million for a striker who turns 32 next month? Can't honestly see how they would be paying that kind of money and if they are talk about being proper mugged off! A ?3 million pound player at best imo.

rednekst
16-01-2014, 08:28 PM
If you could guarantee the goals , then he would be worth the £7 million...but at his age you can't.

michael tellinger
16-01-2014, 11:16 PM
I will guarantee them for you rednest O:) , enough goals to keep us up at least, then another season or two banging a few in, all worth the 7 mil.
Mind you not my money so who gives a
better than no more strikers, plus be honest at the moment who would jump at the chance to come here.
Lambert seems like he would be up for the fight, not many would be.

SepticHammer
17-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Just heard on Talk Sports that the S'hapmton tart said she's not selling any of the squad?

harvey_7
17-01-2014, 03:41 PM
The Telegraph reports Southampton (they are in big trouble now)

Are we ?? :? :? :? How d'you work that one out then?

As for Lambert, he's going no-where. I don't think his arm would reach from Sunderland to London to sign a contract!!

palerider
17-01-2014, 04:03 PM
The new woman in charge at Southampton appears to be pretty shrewd. If there was a firm bid of 7m for a 32 year-old striker she'd take it.

The problem being that from the Chuckle Brothers it'll be 10k up front, 5k a week as long as he starts, 2m in Argos vouchers, 1m in B.Silkman 'tailors of distinction' vouchers (never mind the quality, feel the width) and the rest if we don't get relegated at all over the next 5 seasons.

harvey_7
17-01-2014, 04:06 PM
The new woman in charge at Southampton appears to be pretty shrewd. If there was a firm bid of 7m for a 32 year-old striker she'd take it.

But Lambert doesn't wan't to leave, why would he leave a mid-table team to go to a relegation fighting team.

palerider
17-01-2014, 04:07 PM

But Lambert doesn't wan't to leave, why would he leave a mid-table team to go to a relegation fighting team.[/quote]

Doubling his wages might do it.

KetterinHammer
17-01-2014, 04:10 PM

But Lambert doesn't wan't to leave, why would he leave a mid-table team to go to a relegation fighting team.[/quote] Regular starts in a World cup year? More money? take your pick

dagenhamJohn
17-01-2014, 04:13 PM
what with the WC this year and him not playing, i'm sure he'd like to join but the Saints board won't let him.

mickyj
17-01-2014, 04:38 PM

But Lambert doesn't wan't to leave, why would he leave a mid-table team to go to a relegation fighting team.[/quote]Evening Harvey.
Think your slightly missing the point regarding Lambert mate.
He is never going to sign for a top four club now so champions league football is gone for him so at the age of 32 he is going to be looking for a nice pay day and regular first team football with the World Cup coming up, we can offer him both and I would bet 100% that IF Southampton accepted an offer from us then lambert would join like a shot.

dagenhamJohn
17-01-2014, 04:43 PM

But Lambert doesn't wan't to leave, why would he leave a mid-table team to go to a relegation fighting team.[/quote]Evening Harvey.
Think your slightly missing the point regarding Lambert mate.
He is never going to sign for a top four club now so champions league football is gone for him so at the age of 32 he is going to be looking for a nice pay day and regular first team football with the World Cup coming up, we can offer him both and I would bet 100% that IF Southampton accepted an offer from us then lambert would join like a shot.[/quote]not even sure the money is the biggest issue really, important yes but not neccessarily decisive.

dagenhamJohn
17-01-2014, 04:50 PM
or..

West Ham also, obviously, need to improve their front line. Andy Carroll is back but some burden needs to be taken off his broad shoulders. Recent reports have suggested that Southamptona??s England international Rickie Lambert could soon be joining West Ham. Youa??d have to say anything does come that would be a real coup for the club a?? a struggling Premier League side signing a player who could well go to the World Cup with England a?? whatever you think of Big Sam hea??s got some brilliant contacts from his years in the game.

Anyway bookmakers SkyBet now have West Ham as odds-on favourites to sign Rickie Lambert during January. He is not getting enough gametime at The Saints and his priority will surely be to get on that plane to Brazil.

The England striker has scored a remarkable 99 goals in just 191 appearances in Southampton. SkyBet have the player at 1/2 to join West Ham in the window.

another anecdote, probably won't happen anyway :)

harvey_7
17-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I understand the points about regular starts as it's a World Cup year & money, but he's said that he's very happy here's& wants to finish his career with saints so I'd personally be surprised if he left.

But who knows in football

dagenhamJohn
17-01-2014, 08:35 PM
I understand the points about regular starts as it's a World Cup year & money, but he's said that he's very happy here's& wants to finish his career with saints so I'd personally be surprised if he left.

But who knows in footballthink you mean his career is finished with the Saints!

BlackDiamond
17-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Tricky Rickie is unlikely to be a club target now that the Cobra has re-landed.

And I am not at all perturbed about the fact.

That noted: I fully expect Mr Gold and Mr Sullivan to continue to feed the rumour mill. These boys love to see the club in the back pages.

Remember if it's not on Jack's twitter account, then it's not confirmed !

JimmyV66
17-01-2014, 09:14 PM

But who knows in football

Hope he stays with you guys, would be an awful signing for us. Not saying he is not a good footballer but for the price quoted it would be silly to sign him.

No resale value and we need at some point to start building a squad for the future rather than just the now.

bonzosbest74
17-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Tricky Rickie is unlikely to be a club target now that the Cobra has re-landed.

And I am not at all perturbed about the fact.

That noted: I fully expect Mr Gold and Mr Sullivan to continue to feed the rumour mill. These boys love to see the club in the back pages.

Remember if it's not on Jack's twitter account, then it's not confirmed !

Don't say that sort of stuff BD.

The new rule is. . . . . . .don't criticise anyone at the club unless you can back it up with facts. Idle chat is not allowed in this er. . . .chat room.