PDA

View Full Version : Who wants Dundee FC promoted ?

Jim_Jam
17-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Not me!

I want them doon4liife or a slow demise.

The derbies are great but if they come up and thrive - one day they could beat us. Definately don't want that.

shedka
17-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Not me

Just don't see a long term benefit for us in a small city to have a rival top flight club on our door step

They were relatively successful when we were stuck in the diddy league back in the day (not the same as being stuck down there as a "big" city club like them in modern times, minter XD) but since we established ourselves in the top flight they have never been the same again, i cannot recall both clubs managing to do well in the top flight together in the post-Murray/Souness/Eighties/Bosman era

Our club just has to look after ourselves, we can't control whether Dundee come up or not (they should this year especially but them being the fun it's no guarantee), aslong as we continue do the right things as we have the last 6-7 years then we wont be easy for them to match nevermind surpass or better in the derbies either anytime soon (is annoying how they came up for one season to face our weakest side since 2006 though)

GUNBOAT
17-01-2014, 06:40 AM
I am in a very diplomatic mood this morning so my wish for the Dees is the very same as FTDAB,Wehatetangerine,Noah Arab and Taintedice wish for my club. O:)

runrundundeehun
17-01-2014, 07:43 AM
Get them up. 9 points in the bag and a right laugh when they get pumped out again.

chorltonarab
17-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Anyone who wants Dundee promoted is not a Dundee United fan .

TerryTheTerror
17-01-2014, 07:52 AM
Bull. Many United fans love Derby matches and would like them to happen. I put myself in that category. Would I want to watch us play Dundee or Hamilton? Yes I'd like them promoted AND I'm a Dundee United fan.

tommydunne
17-01-2014, 07:55 AM
Nope.

I want them to die.

airdriearab808
17-01-2014, 08:37 AM
S.T...

arabian_knight
17-01-2014, 08:53 AM
If they played us twice at Tannadice, could be 200k extra in the bag for the club. On that basis yes.

utd4me
17-01-2014, 09:46 AM
i used to not bother if dundee were there or not until admin 1. Then for some very odd reason, a lot of their fans blamed utd for their demise (repeated recently by sevco fans). The vitriol that some of these fans aimed at utd was unwarranted and unjustified (the chuckle brothers walked away heroes ffs). These actions had a profound effect on me and, even though i have a few mates that are bnb's (they know my feelings on this subject) I want them to cease to exist as soon as possible, then the whole city can be UTD behind a well run family club.

Cue the keyboard hammering on dfc mad...pleasing >:) >:) >:)

Arabinho_90
17-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Hmmm...a sell out, top atmosphere and ,generally speaking, decent banter & a high octane exciting match against the fun..

OR

Hamilton Accies. Fewer than 100 away supporters, time wasting tactics EVERYtime, dull anti-football pish and all in all, a keech way to spend 20 quid...

Come on, really?

Plus, with hearts getting relegated and no Edinburgh derbies next year, if Hamilton phucking accies were to come up instead of getting at least the Dundee Derby back, oor "top" league would be an absolute bloody joke on so many other levels

GUNBOAT
17-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Bull. Many United fans love Derby matches and would like them to happen. I put myself in that category. Would I want to watch us play Dundee or Hamilton? Yes I'd like them promoted AND I'm a Dundee United fan.

I concur with Terry AGAIN and have posted the same on other threads,if its Hamilton with a handful of fans or DFC with a few thousand its better for my club if the Dees get promoted.

I have also attended hospo for home and away derbies bringing in extra revenue for DUFC but i wouldnt spend that kind of money for the visit of the Accies TBH.

Wullie
17-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Seeing as he's signed Nade, I don't think Bomber does.

starstruck71
17-01-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm always 50/50 on this subject, for financial reasons it would be good but its always FAF watching them blow it year after year still better them than hamilton

arabian_ian
17-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Yes for me. What's not to like about derby games?

But should they fail to get promoted this year I sincerely hope that the little club just dies gracefully. They have been a blot on the landscape for just too long.

deebuster
17-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Admin 3 follows by liquidation.
Out with my control, but definitely on my wishlist.

You should always ask yourself, if the roles were reversed, they would want us GONE.

For that reason it's a NO from me.

arabian_ian
17-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Nope.

I want them to die.

Ha Ha Fk Sake Tommy, right to the point.

Love it mate. XD

GUNBOAT
17-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Nope.

I want them to die.

Ha Ha Fk Sake Tommy, right to the point.

Love it mate. XD[/quote]

What would happen to Austin though boys?,would we get a final bumper edition like a Beano summer special?. :P

Otm_Shank
17-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Absolutely I do, the derby is fantastic fun and its great to have both clubs in the same league. I prefer Dundee to the old firm, just banter with them, I proper hate the old firm

bobafett
17-01-2014, 12:09 PM
I genuinely dona€™t really understand why any Utd fan wouldna€™t want them promoted, it benefits us in so many ways. By all means have a proper giggle at them should they fail, I know I will! :D

chorltonarab
17-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Maybe re ask the question

How many Dundonian Dundee United fans want to see Dundee get promoted ?

EastStand_Elite
17-01-2014, 12:17 PM

Me.

TerryTheTerror
17-01-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm Dundonian. :?

arabian_ian
17-01-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm DD5.
Does that count as some next door would have me as East Angus. LOL

Cad_10
17-01-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm not fussed. They get promote, we get to have Derbies again and an extra bit of cash. They don't get promoted, we laugh our tits off.

Geezer78
17-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Not only do I not want them promoted,I also want them die.

NAREYETAL
17-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Let the feckers die

Always in OUR shadow

Its a NO from me

arab_plumber
17-01-2014, 02:36 PM
No thanks

Whitfieldarab
17-01-2014, 02:59 PM

me.

3 derbys to look forward to.

or

Hamilton Accies and their Ross Countyesque away support.

no brainer IMO.

Shed_buoy
17-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Yes, derbys and banter increase interest across the city and beyond. Only shame is that their uncanny instinct for self destruction= short term fun ;-)

Trap_6
17-01-2014, 03:28 PM

What has that got to do with it?

SmedDUm
17-01-2014, 03:30 PM
NO plus 3 characters

Silverback2010
17-01-2014, 03:38 PM
No. Would be better for us to have one team in Dundee.
Love the derbies but to die a funny death would be best long term for United.

Bald_Eagle
17-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Naw yir awright.

Die die die ya basturds!

Bald_Eagle
17-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Khen what...

said it before and I'll say it again.

Coodna care less if there waz NEVER another derby.

Trap_6
17-01-2014, 03:49 PM

I'm genuinely interested. What would be better about having only one team in the city?

arabrik
17-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Nah fae me, total minter of a club!

bobafett
17-01-2014, 04:18 PM

Me

Onthepitchthursday
17-01-2014, 04:27 PM
FOXTROT TANGO DELTA :D

Silverback2010
17-01-2014, 04:56 PM

I'm genuinely interested. What would be better about having only one team in the city?[/quote]

Over time one team would have the support of the city rather than splitting the 10500-11000 who follow United and dees in half. Dundee is a working class city that per head of population follow the game in bigger numbers than other towns and cities. Newcastle and Sunderland are good examples of cities with one club where it's not contravential for local media to back the team and promote the team without feeling one sided and upsetting half the listeners,readers or spectators. It's normal to back THE team.
There would obviously be a delay in this happening as most dees wouldn't just jump ship but it would eventually lead to a bigger support and a united cit

TerryTheTerror
17-01-2014, 05:00 PM
But they are never going to die or go away, they have too many commited fans to allow it. The last few years is evidence enough of that...

stokearab
17-01-2014, 06:27 PM
I've not read the thread yet, just the OP

but my opinion is no, I want them to die

not for me, or for this year, or any gloating that might go on here.

But because with only one senior team in Dundee, over the years to come our gates would gradually increase.

Football at the end of the day is a business.

I know ET favoured the derbies because of the revenue but if we could hold onto our better players a wee bit longer (because we sold a few more ST's) maybe we would get better results over a period and hence more fans through the turnstiles. (Look what was developing before our recent loss of form?)

Just my opinion, and probably not shared with too many.

shedka
17-01-2014, 06:48 PM
I genuinely dona€™t really understand why any Utd fan wouldna€™t want them promoted, it benefits us in so many ways. By all means have a proper giggle at them should they fail, I know I will! :D

err no it doesn't, see my post earlier in the thread, too many Utd fans with a short term view on this

the derbies aren't so great either that i long for them, 5 of them last season including the friendly was overkill (and they didn't sell out for any of them) which was after 7 years with none!

i'd rather just draw them now and again in the cup, just weird that it didn't happen till last season when they were up

i find it funny (and the dees must aswell) that Utd fans are kinda split on this, roles reversed it would be very one sided in the favour of "no", the only chance they have of ever getting the better of us is by re- esablishing themselves as a regular top flight side, why would Utd fans want them to have that chance?

shedka
17-01-2014, 06:52 PM
But they are never going to die or go away, they have too many commited fans to allow it. The last few years is evidence enough of that...

Of course, that goes for both clubs

That's why it's better they stay down, having a rival top flight club on our doorstep doesn't benefit us

And this is without mentioning how much that club hates Utd

JamesMcClean
17-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Absolute no for me.

I never really bathired aboot them during the late 70s, 80s and 90s. They were totally irrelevant . Gemmes against the twa cheeks and the SSBs carried much more importance.

What I totally misjudged was the level of hatred and bitterness that festered a****st their support in that time, as they simply wasted away to nothing while we went from strength to strength.

Fast forward to the Marrs, Caniggia, Nemsadze, Sara, the Bonettis et al and they just couldn't contain themselves any mair. The level of bile, arrogance and sheer hatred toward our Club at that time was ridiculous, and that was from Boardroom down. The "Big" Club was back and I can absolutely guarantee that every single one of them phuckers wanted us doon when we were struggling big style at that time.

Therefore, for that reason and that reason alone, let them drown in their cesspit of self inflicted torture, misery and sheer utter greed. Phuck 'em.

ahlltanyirhide
17-01-2014, 07:21 PM
[quote="chorltonarab"]Maybe re ask the question

How many Dundonian Dundee United fans want to see Dundee get promoted ?[/

I ken more Lochee United supporters than I do dundee fc fans, so I ask the question, what the phukk is the point of Dundee fc?

Get them away to phukk. FTD4life

utd4me
17-01-2014, 07:48 PM
[quote="JamesMcClean"]Absolute no for me.

I never really bathired aboot them during the late 70s, 80s and 90s. They were totally irrelevant . Gemmes against the twa cheeks and the SSBs carried much more importance.

What I totally misjudged was the level of hatred and bitterness that festered a****st their support in that time, as they simply wasted away to nothing while we went from strength to strength.

Fast forward to the Marrs, Caniggia, Nemsadze, Sara, the Bonettis et al and they just couldn't contain themselves any mair. The level of bile, arrogance and sheer hatred toward our Club at that time was ridiculous, and that was from Boardroom down. The "Big" Club was back and I can absolutely guarantee that every single one of them phuckers wanted us doon when we were struggling big style at that time.

Therefore, for that reason and that reason alone, let them drown in their cesspit of self inflicted torture, misery and sheer utter greed. Phuck 'em.[/quo

arabugs
17-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Me 100%.

Then 3 victories, 9 points and eternal bragging rights.

Followed by their inevitable relegation.

Then the unavoidable liquidation.

Then my grandchildren can support the only team in Dundee for the rest of their days, but with better parking.

chayirbazov
17-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Bluenose bastirts, fluck thum

MaltonBlade
17-01-2014, 09:03 PM
I can quite understand this not wanting the fun to be promoted. The same is with are fan`s towards the pigs (Sheff Wed) 98% of blades can`t stand them and for us to by below wednesday is unbearable to take, when we were in the premiership and the championship and wednesday were in league one we were the same wanting the pig`s to die a slow death. I miss derby day`s but I would rather have them in a league below or more preferably the Conference or Evo-Stik league.

Trap_6
17-01-2014, 10:12 PM

I'm genuinely interested. What would be better about having only one team in the city?[/quote]

Over time one team would have the support of the city rather than splitting the 10500-11000 who follow United and dees in half. Dundee is a working class city that per head of population follow the game in bigger numbers than other towns and cities. Newcastle and Sunderland are good examples of cities with one club where it's not contravential for local media to back the team and promote the team without feeling one sided and upsetting half the listeners,readers or spectators. It's normal to back THE team.
There would obviously be a delay in this happening as most dees wouldn't just jump ship but it would

Silverback2010
17-01-2014, 10:29 PM

There would obviously be a delay in this happening as mos

tijuanataxi
17-01-2014, 10:42 PM
its a big no .from me.if the boot was on the other foot."get them down where they belong"one of my dee brothers always says.the other one quite likes united.so he would want the derbys.my arab brother would want the derby as well.me.im the oldest.so .DOON.

terrorinEK
17-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Do I want Dundee promoted ?

No.

That would involve them winning games,and I don't like them winning games.I am however quite partial to them losing games.Often,and as heavily as possible

People may say 'och but we'd get money and they'de go straight right back doon anyway'.

That's not a certainy.What if we have another team go into admin and they start the season -15 (or worse) and having to play kids like the Jambos are ?That would give Dundee a great chance of staying up and the longer they stayed up and the more money they made (which would be heavily influenced by playing us),they may just,over time,get stronger again.

You keep your enemies weak.

They always get the easy way oot.Keep the f uckers DOON.

offshore_arab83
17-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Doon

For the following reason, I've noticed how bitter and angry some of their support are just now, not so much on the boards, but on facebook, some of the stuff is unreal, alot have really came oot their shells recently, is it cos they know this is a make or break season ? lets be honest we all know if they make a chunt of this then they will still be in that league for a good few years to come...

So thats my reason.

No bothered aboot the derbies missed every one except the friendly which doesnt really count, and the cup game, was away for all the league games, the money would be handy aye, they would bring more than Ross county etc but we've managed well enough without them for years...

terrorinEK
17-01-2014, 11:30 PM
they would bring more than Ross county etc but we've managed well enough without them for years...

'Xactly mate.

Dundee Utd are self sufficient and coped perfectly well without them in our division for 7 seasons thank you very much.

Onthepitchthursday
18-01-2014, 01:07 AM
Duck the fee or **** the dee make yer mind up lads weel tak **** the dee and they will keep duckin the fee don com ho ho

Trap_6
18-01-2014, 10:26 AM

There

huntedbyafreak
18-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Not really bothered if they are up or down tbh. Like the derbies but also like a giggle at their results. Folk saying that they want them dead though is pathetic. I wouldn't wish death on any futba team with 2 exceptions.

firstfoot
13-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Where are you now

noahrab
13-05-2018, 05:54 PM
'Xactly mate.

Dundee Utd are self sufficient and coped perfectly well without them in our division for 7 seasons thank you very much.

Still self sufficient?

one team in city
13-05-2018, 06:46 PM
we dont need dfc and never will doesant matter what league we are in you know we are still the big team 6th biggest in scotland and always will be ftd for ever

stokearab
13-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Fk me. Bookmark a thread from 2014.
Some saddos residing over there 😅😅😅

LSArab
13-05-2018, 07:12 PM
He waited 4 years for that 🙈😂

offshore_arab83
13-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Holy f uck ha ha ha ha

Jim_Jam
13-05-2018, 07:17 PM
He waited 4 years for that ����

The Dee are used to waiting.
They will one day resurrect a post about them never kissing silver.
On the other hand maybe not!

Arab 8010
13-05-2018, 07:25 PM
Just WOW

Chips_OToole
13-05-2018, 08:43 PM
Bitter as f uck

Imagine waiting 4 years to pull the head off it after the realisation he could eventually use that bookmark

shedboy71
13-05-2018, 09:45 PM
still cleaning the spunk off his keyboard with that one

shedka
13-05-2018, 10:23 PM
One thing I will say, people who wanted the fun up or had that view I always thought were short sighted naive clowns, idiotic thing to have ever wanted

LSArab
14-05-2018, 05:27 AM
One thing I will say, people who wanted the fun up or had that view I always thought were short sighted naive clowns, idiotic thing to have ever wanted

They are still mince. Just better than us when we are in terrible state.

That said personally I have never wanted the Fun to do well!

JamesMcClean
14-05-2018, 06:35 AM
What I find amusing is that when they deny that they are bitter, twisted and obsessed over United to a level way above their 'love' for their own Club, the irony in then producing a self fulfilling prophecy by digging up bookmarked posts from 4 1/2 years just goes way above their heads.

terrorinEK
30-08-2020, 01:34 AM
Still self sufficient?

Still self sufficient. Still living within our means. Still a league above Dundee.

Thanks for asking though, Noah.

Any plans to get up to Dingwall and watch the Dees mate once all this Covid pish blows over?

offshore_arab83
30-08-2020, 06:18 AM
Now here's a blast from the past! Hope you're well mate

JUSTaway
30-08-2020, 07:29 AM
Keep in mind shorter championship season probably leaves the championship teams with more in the tank this season come play offs. I still think at moment it is between us, county, livi, Hamilton. Don’t think yesterday’s result was a fluke at all, until we strengthen top end of pitch, these results possible, and if you defend bad, no matter how well organised, these results will happen. Still think we have a good manager.

TerryTheTerror
30-08-2020, 07:35 AM
Still self sufficient. Still living within our means. Still a league above Dundee.

Thanks for asking though, Noah.

Any plans to get up to Dingwall and watch the Dees mate once all this Covid pish blows over?

Here here, you're still a weegie though. :P

petermackie
30-08-2020, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE=JamesMcClean;38888949]What I find amusing is that when they deny that they are bitter, twisted and obsessed over United to a level way above their 'love' for their own Club, the irony in then producing a self fulfilling prophecy by digging up bookmarked posts from 4 1/2 years just goes way above their heads.[/QUOTE

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

JamesMcClean
30-08-2020, 08:07 AM
What I find amusing is that when they deny that they are bitter, twisted and obsessed over United to a level way above their 'love' for their own Club, the irony in then producing a self fulfilling prophecy by digging up bookmarked posts from 4 1/2 years just goes way above their heads.

������������������������

Whhoooooooossshhhhhhh!XDXDXD

darrenshedtastic
30-08-2020, 08:51 AM
financially it would benefit both teams and the derby which is the most unique derby in scotland imo.

but in general its a no from me. i dont mind the wee team but just can't be bothered putting up with their nonsense at derbies or during the season. instead on concentrating on united a lot of fans (on both sides) start bothering more about what the other team are doing. Thats the natural thing with rivalry.

In a strange way i wish them luck but not too much luck. Hearts will be clear favourites but with less games then Dundee might fancy it if they can learn from last year and get some form going.

petermackie
30-08-2020, 09:28 AM
Whhoooooooossshhhhhhh!XDXDXD

Oh dear🙊🙊🙊

JamesMcClean
30-08-2020, 09:41 AM
Oh dear������

Morning peter. :D

offshore_arab83
30-08-2020, 11:54 AM
Hi Pete

shedka
30-08-2020, 03:38 PM
My opinion hasn't changed from 6 years ago, and the period after shows why, funny that it got bumped in 2018, no bump in 2019 funnily enough....

Henrys Hall
30-08-2020, 05:10 PM
I was in company of a few people yesterday and when the news of our defeat filtered through it was all haha utd fkd etc. Its times like that i thoroughly enjoy their demise. Otherwise i couldnt care less.

Yeats 62
30-08-2020, 05:35 PM
I was in company of a few people yesterday and when the news of our defeat filtered through it was all haha utd fkd etc. Its times like that i thoroughly enjoy their demise. Otherwise i couldnt care less.

Well care more HH. Enjoy their demise any chance you get. I used to think I didn't bother that much as long as we were doing fine. Years of putting up with ridiculous comments about United the club, and fans (DABS) I think the term is, and the underlying hatred in which they were delivered changed my mind.

Years of watching United being pretty successful has now been ingrained in to their mentality. Fathers, Grandfathers, and probably mithers tae have reared numerous generations of kids to absolutely despise United.

I could go on with numerous examples but will just use one. The reaction of the Dundee fans before they realized the goal at Tannadice got chapped aff says more in a 30 second clip than words ever can.

Delirious, rabid, totally out of control "fans" showed exactly what they have now become. The hatred of United spilled out of their pours, spilled on to the track-side, as young (and old) men frothed at the mooth, all directed to the Shed.

I love us scoring against Dundee , but.... if I ever got in that state (at any match) I'd slap my own pus and never go back, knowing something had got deep inside my way of thinking and it wasn't good.

Henrys Hall
30-08-2020, 05:58 PM
Well care more HH. Enjoy their demise any chance you get. I used to think I didn't bother that much as long as we were doing fine. Years of putting up with ridiculous comments about United the club, and fans (DABS) I think the term is, and the underlying hatred in which they were delivered changed my mind.

Years of watching United being pretty successful has now been ingrained in to their mentality. Fathers, Grandfathers, and probably mithers tae have reared numerous generations of kids to absolutely despise United.

I could go on with numerous examples but will just use one. The reaction of the Dundee fans before they realized the goal at Tannadice got chapped aff says more in a 30 second clip than words ever can.

Delirious, rabid, totally out of control "fans" showed exactly what they have now become. The hatred of United spilled out of their pours, spilled on to the track-side, as young (and old) men frothed at the mooth, all directed to the Shed.

I love us scoring against Dundee , but.... if I ever got in that state (at any match) I'd slap my own pus and never go back, knowing something had got deep inside my way of thinking and it wasn't good.

#DundeeFC matters#

stokearab
30-08-2020, 06:32 PM
#DundeeFC matters#

#punditsmatter

petermackie
30-08-2020, 07:01 PM

And we're all those delirious rabid fans as far out of control as your post🍉🍉🍉🍉

JamesMcClean
30-08-2020, 07:05 PM
And we're all those delirious rabid fans as far out of control as your post��������

Evening peter.:D

petermackie
30-08-2020, 07:16 PM
Evening peter.:D

Evening James...hope you're well

Yeats 62
31-08-2020, 12:39 AM
And we're all those delirious rabid fans as far out of control as your post🍉🍉🍉🍉

petermackie
31-08-2020, 12:52 AM

Oh dear someone has been out all day...I take it they sell paraffin on draught in your local😄🍉😄🍉😄🍉😄

Yeats 62
31-08-2020, 01:14 AM
Oh dear someone has been out all day...I take it they sell paraffin on draught in your local😄🍉😄🍉😄🍉😄

Sorry Pete, just in , I work shifts.What's your excuse? XD

JamesMcClean
31-08-2020, 07:15 AM
Oh dear someone has been out all day...I take it they sell paraffin on draught in your local��������������

Morning peter. And in case I don’t see you later, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight.;)

petermackie
31-08-2020, 07:19 AM
Morning peter. And in case I don’t see you later, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight.;)

Ok have a good day 🍉👍

shed-buoy
01-09-2020, 07:50 AM

Agreed

Nothing like a Derby

They are in a sorry state though and may well stay there for some time, dens is an outer reflection of the inner malaise

A. J
01-09-2020, 08:05 AM
I don't mind which league we beat them in but I am content that they know that we know how they can't look in the mirror when we send them home after another thrashing

cybershed
01-09-2020, 10:19 AM
After this summer's shenanigans - it's anyone but Hertz for me!!!

That being said, I do like the Dundee derby, so I would prefer them to be in the same league as us as it gives us another fixture that we can look forward to. And it comes with a healthy wedge of income!!

I know a lot of their fans hate us with a passion. But that's their problem.

TangerineDream
01-09-2020, 11:28 AM
Nah, Phuk that. Doon with the Fart of Midlothian, the pair of them for a good while.

Six fingers FC up to replace Hamilton or Livi, at least they have some fans.

spikeontheright
03-09-2020, 07:54 PM
I've no idea why people are following football if they'd prefer not to have a derby.

What is it they enjoy most about going to a football match? Wee crowds, sh1te atmosphere and empty pubs?

LSArab
03-09-2020, 08:45 PM
As said above I’d be happy to see the bar codes go up.

Paul Watson there will have score to settle with Neilson

I’ll be supporting the fun against hearts

PT_Arab
04-09-2020, 10:25 AM

Good few years ago now, but I always recall one Saturday afternoon sat in the Nether Inn. We were sat near the TV when three Dees walked in. One went to the bar while the other two came over to the TV to check the latest scores. The guy who had been at the bar comes over with the drinks and the conversation goes like this (no joke):

Dee #1: “What’s the score?”

Dee #2: “Wir gittin bait…”

Dee #1: “Eh, but what’s United’s score?”

Dee #2: “They’re gittin bait n’ah…”

Dee #1: “YES!! F***in’ yes!! Arabs are ****e!! (long pause) So what’s our score?”

Dee #2: “Wir gittin bait 2-1.”

Dee #1: “Wha are we playin’?”

A few minutes later an update flashes up that Rangers have gone 1-0 up - Nacho Novo the scorer…

Dees collectively: “YES!! Nacho! Get in there!”

offshore_arab83
04-09-2020, 11:13 AM
Good few years ago now, but I always recall one Saturday afternoon sat in the Nether Inn. We were sat near the TV when three Dees walked in. One went to the bar while the other two came over to the TV to check the latest scores. The guy who had been at the bar comes over with the drinks and the conversation goes like this (no joke):

Dee #1: “YES!! F***in’ yes!! Arabs are ****e!! (long pause) So what’s our score?”

A few minutes later an update flashes up that Rangers have gone 1-0 up - Nacho Novo the scorer…

ha ha ha how true is that ha ha ha

FTFun
04-09-2020, 03:06 PM
We know a song about Nacho, don't we children?

petermackie
04-09-2020, 07:00 PM

So you're telling us 3 Dundee fans walk in the pub when their team is playing to be met by ??? amount of United fans also in the pub when their team is playing...you got anymore stories🙈🙈🙈

PT_Arab
04-09-2020, 08:20 PM
So you're telling us 3 Dundee fans walk in the pub when their team is playing to be met by ??? amount of United fans also in the pub when their team is playing...you got anymore stories������

That's correct Peter - not sure why you're having a problem with that?

Myself and my (now)wife sitting having a drink on a Saturday afternoon and then the other three enter, etc, etc.

What part are you having difficulty with?

If it makes you feel better to not believe it then please yourself but trust me, that is near as damn it word for word how it went.

Edit: I've just read it again - are you having difficulty with the fact that I wasn't at the United game and these three Dees weren't at the Dundee game? Surely you're familiar with the concept of not everyone going to every game, every week?

tHeArAb
04-09-2020, 08:24 PM
What happened after that PT Arab? Did they go home and sit on Utd Mad all night?

petermackie
04-09-2020, 09:40 PM
What happened after that PT Arab? Did they go home and sit on Utd Mad all night?

Surely he never followed them home to find that out👍

Chick A Saw
04-09-2020, 09:49 PM
So you're telling us 3 Dundee fans walk in the pub when their team is playing to be met by ??? amount of United fans also in the pub when their team is playing...you got anymore stories🙈🙈🙈

What is it you dont understand about United playing away, and fans not turning up at Dens?