PDA

View Full Version : Nick Powell

Damo10milton
17-01-2014, 03:04 PM
A belated message thanks to work, but i made the short trip from Northampton to MK to watch Nick Powell as not seen him play since the play off final, and things are looking very good for him

Overal a poor game, two poor teams, Wigan giving the ball away too cheaply, and MK looking like a mid table div 1 team (we can dream!)

Powell came on after 60, and firstly he looked bigger than previous ( i guess age and gym work) but this gave him a physicality which i had nit really seen before

Taking to account what I said about MK, they did not have a clue how to handle him. He was pushing up, dropping deep, and dare i say it, setting up play in the middle and making Scholes like (i've said it!) runs into the box

Goal 1 he was quicker and cleverer than the defence and keeper, and goal 2 was class with a dink at the end - once again far too quick

What impressed me was he was outthinking MK, and was always one step ahead

I'm not going to say he's the saviour of Man U or England quite yet,

somersetcrewe
18-01-2014, 12:12 AM
All I pretty much expected to hear, both from what we all saw in 2012, and from what I've read and the little I've seen since.

The pundits are raving (justified? not sure) about the impact Januzaj is having this season, but in my opinion it could so easily have been Powell in that same position, with Januzaj terrorising Championship defences at Wigan. There's nothing between them IMHO, he just gets the nod 'cos he's one of their own! :/

What. A. Waste!!

out0lunch
18-01-2014, 08:17 AM
I agree with every word, Somerset

I would have 'liked' it but that doesn't seem to be working.

TwiceInABlueMoon
18-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Good to see Nick rubbing it in, after the second goal as well. Possibly a bit of revenge for them crocking young Colclough when he was there last year!

Damo10milton
18-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Got to be honest Somerset - I think that Moyes is doing the right thing. He's 19 and has a long way to go. Getting a game each week and improving is IMO a good thing for Nick, plus he was crocked last Season. I still think a move to a prem team may help (or better L1 side), with a return to the Man U fold at the end of the season. Will be interesting to see how moyes buys this month, but maybe playing for the long haul may work for NP - I guess we will see...

lestiverton
14-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Some info about Nicky Powell. - view external link (http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/wigan-athletic/news/rosler-praises-powell-impact_137916.html)

alexbarmy
14-02-2014, 12:57 PM
56 year old Uwe Rosler?