PDA

View Full Version : A less hysterical view...

PapaLazarou
17-01-2014, 04:01 PM
..in the Independent.

[quote=R Tickle]The Southampton owner, Katharina Liebherr, has reacted with surprise to the notion that former chairman Nicola Cortese was forced out, the club having offered him a new salary package last year and requested minor changes in the way the club was run.

The daughter of the late Markus Liebherr, who saved Southampton from administration in 2009, wished to keep Cortese in charge, sources close to the owner have indicated, but wanted him to implement measures that meant he was not answerable solely to himself. Although he was regarded as an able administrator who oversaw the club's rise from League One to the Premier League with back-to-back promotion, it was his decision to leave.

The manager, Mauricio Pochettino, confirmed that, despite suggestions in some quarters, he would not be quitting the club this month. The Argentine met with Liebherr herself over the last two days and gained the reassurances he needed.

Cortese tendered his resignation in

nickthemod
17-01-2014, 04:48 PM
It would seem although a good job has been done by Cortese he had no accounatbility to anyone.

If I were KL I would want to know how why where ect

Sounds like Nic threw his toys out of the pram because he couldn't have it all his own way.

Pentridge
17-01-2014, 04:52 PM
I read that this morning.

I can't blame her, I'd want a degree of accountability if it were my business.

nickthemod
17-01-2014, 04:54 PM

So Pents you agree its not a KNEE jerk reaction then :D

Pentridge
17-01-2014, 04:55 PM

So Pents you agree its not a KNEE jerk reaction then :D[/quote]

BOOM BOOM!!

nickthemod
17-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Blondie has a song a few years ago

OH Der Knee shooby do

Remember that one XD

proclaimer
17-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Another less hysterical view might be that it was a 5 year plan in 2009?

nickthemod
17-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Another less hysterical view might be that it was a 5 year plan in 2009?

Who sanctioned that ! Markus Kneeber >:)

Pentridge
18-01-2014, 07:46 AM
Another interesting read. - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2541553/Cortese-thought-star-Southampton-just-rich-familys-banker-Martin-Samuel.)

proclaimer
18-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Interesting? I found it a more than a bit disrespectful. Sure the Manager picks the team and yes the owner puts the money in but the owner also wants see their business plan executed and for that they need a CEO. They can say what they like about power etc but Markus put Nicola there to deliver their 5 year plan and it's been executed and delivered. If we now need to move on, then fair enough, but I'm not about to start running Nicola down now that he has gone.

ShottermillSaint
18-01-2014, 09:10 AM
As soon as i saw the piece was written by lard arse Samuel i didn't bother to even read it. That fat **** runs Saints down at every opportunity
Nicola did some very good things for our club, it was facilitated by the Liebherrs money admittedly, but he had the vision and the drive to make it happen and for that i'm grateful

Brockley_Jack
18-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Another interesting read.

Great article by a usually Shoite journalist. He's got it bang on I'd say.