PDA

View Full Version : i do hope so KRO

bolt
18-01-2014, 10:51 AM
B'HAM MAIL

Mystery buyer in talks for 24% stake in Birmingham City
16 Jan 2014 20:36
Parent group BIHL reports that independent third party showing interest in becoming major shareholder at club

Share on printShare on email
Directors at Birmingham City say they have contingency plans for the club's financial securityDirectors at Birmingham City say they have contingency plans for the club's financial security
A mystery investor is waiting in the wings with a potential bid for nearly a quarter of Birmingham City, it has been revealed.

Parent group Birmingham International Holdings Ltd said an a??independent third partya?? was in talks with the Hong Kong-based group for a 24 per cent a??equity interesta?? in the football club.

The news came a month after BIHL revealed that Blues lost more than A?9 million last season, and planned to borrow more than A?5 million to get through the next 12 months.

The revelation of a potential new substantial shareholder in the club was the first conc

eoin17
19-01-2014, 12:58 PM
You know Bolt, I normally agree but I'm nervous about the frying pan/fire scenario. After yesterday I thought "Who would want to be a part of this?" So I guess unless it was about a controlling interest, no-one. There's an awful element of "Be careful what you wish for" over the club and I never thought I would look back on the Gollivan Days with a sense of regret.

On a different but tangentially related theme, I watched Karen Brady's interview on Jonathan Ross last week. Never mentioned us by once: we were referred to as "A football club." I was initially angry with what I perceived to be a lock of grace and acknowledgement. On reflection, she might have done us a favour by denying Ross an opportunity to exorcise his barbed wit...

KRO

bolt
21-01-2014, 04:46 PM
hi Eoin nice to hear from you here is some more good news ;D

Birmingham have loaned Manchester City attacking midfielder Albert Rusnak.

The 19-year-old Slovakia Under-21 international has joined Blues on a one-month youth loan.

Rusnak has been with City since joining from MFK Kosice in 2010 and is a regular for their development squad.

Rusnak had previously been on loan at Oldham earlier this season and made three appearances for the Latics.

aKROKiwi
23-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Bolt I have tended to despair a bit too and look back at the Brady Bunch days as a bit of a golden age like Eoin - that is until yesterday when I got some good news as the team I follow down here, Melbourne Heart, was bought out by a foreign investor - an international consortium in which none other than Manchester City is the principal.

The point is the Heart had sunk pretty low - it was only one week ago that we snapped a win-less run at 20, walloping Newcastle, and the crowds were staying away in droves, with only 7000 loyalists showing up week in week out. Obviously though the City mob could see the potential and TBH they seem to have got the Hearts for a song; assuming they can make it work. So in terms of our Blues I think that eventually the price will fall low enough that someone will see the potential and grab it ; rather like Sullivan and Gold did. (The major difference with BCFC from the Hearts is that MH was better than solvent; despite being bottom of the league the bu

aKROKiwi
23-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Here you go keep right on hoping; something good will happen.

I forgot to say you get to see Emile Heskey as well as woeful defending and an on-song Harry Kewell all in front of a half empty stadium - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3yvOjb73-w)

bluesince62
24-01-2014, 09:41 AM
I've given up Bolt - it'll be just another of Yeung's cronies getting a controlling share and it'll be 'as you were, move along folks, nothing to see here'.

As for Brady? her dismissive attitude towards us is about right - she never gave a flying one and we were just another back to clamber over on her way to greatness.

Just go to the Blues now for a larf and a few bevvy's. We've gone full circle - back to how we were before Gollivan 'saved' us.

KRO

eoin17
26-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Nice clip Kiwi-what was the attendance?

eoin17
26-01-2014, 11:14 AM
I like what he did yesterday Bolt-very sharp thinking and you can see that he's used to training with some high quality players.
His show-boating might find him experiencing some unrequited attention from "Old Championship Dogs" who don't like being made to look stupid by some smart-arse from an elite prem club. He'll learn ;-)

KRO