PDA

View Full Version : Do you think any of the players believed we'd win today ?

meister1991
18-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Although I appreciate Celtic are a superior team I can't help but wonder if our own players had any expectation that they could actually win today.

We've just won 6 games, I don't think any of players thought they could make it seven,

Fans blame managers allot but when you cross the line it's 11 men v 11 men.

I don't believe our players believe in themselves for big games.

Sup3rw3ll
18-01-2014, 05:04 PM
rubbish, i believe quiet a few of the out field players were making the most of what possession they had. when the goalkeeper is a total riot then your just not going to win. All 3 goals were nothing special and given away cheap. First was a mistake from the keeper, second a mistake from the keeper to give a penalty, third was yet another O.G by the "experienced" McManus.

wellin
18-01-2014, 05:15 PM
The outcome of the game was no big surprise. We can blame this and that but the outcome is always the same. The thing we can take in our favour is that the other results went for us. Aberdeen getting beaten at home by inverness and united getting a bit of a doing off county went for us. stj also dropped two points after being in front against hearts. All in all it hasn't turned out to bad.

maestro91
18-01-2014, 05:33 PM
None of them did - not even the defeatist manager who does nothing to inspire confidence in the players - even after 6 wins on the trot. I have gone to see the well at ibrox and parkhead for years and believe that past players - Nijholt, Dolan, O'Neill, Coyne & Coyle etc would be embarrassed by the rabbit in the headlights look on their faces as they walk onto the pitch against these scum!!
And for god's sake get rid of Neilsen - he is abysmal!! - view external link (a)

Wellup4it
18-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Of course the players didn't believe. The fact that Simon Ramsden's operation was arranged for this week tells us we'd written this game off.

Wellup4it
18-01-2014, 05:38 PM
In fairness to Neilsen he's entitled to a lot more protection from his full backs and midfield than he received.

wellin
18-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Can't comment much about the game as i never seen any of it, had to take my son to training. I did listen to the second half on the way back, and up until McManus scored the og, we sounded as if we we're doing ok. The thing is you always feel it's only a matter of time until we shoot ourselves in the foot.