PDA

View Full Version : Celtic take the points; Motherwell take comfort

jwok
18-01-2014, 06:02 PM
It looked like a hiding was on the cards early on but we produced some decent attacking play to salvage some pride. There have been many poorer displays at Parkhead. - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/celtic_take_the_points_motherwell_take_comfort_821 782/index.shtml)

dosser1
18-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Nae comfort in watching that big tit between the posts ,FFS lets get a real keeper in

maestro91
18-01-2014, 07:06 PM
No points, no goals, hardly an attempt at their goal, no belief that they were going to take anything from the game - where is the comfort in that? It's time they showed some self respect and some respect in the club and the fans that pay their wages. Sorry - no comfort here!!!!

jwok
18-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Don't agree. We played some nice stuff at times and made a few decent chances. I never though we were going to take anything from a team that is streets ahead but looked positive anytime we had possession.

Handsome_Devil
18-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Not a great result but the other scores mean we've basically emerged unharmed. Our recent run more than earned us a freebie, let's just hope we can pick again next week.

maestro91
18-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Come on Jwok it doesn't take world class players to beat Celtic - just some players willing to stand up and be counted and go above and beyond. We need the experienced players to stand up and be leaders in these games and they are just not doing it!

steviex
18-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Not a great result but the other scores mean we've basically emerged unharmed. Our recent run more than earned us a freebie, let's just hope we can pick again next week.

Totally agree but can everyone please steer clear of the "excuse button" for another dire result in glasgow.

Handsome_Devil
19-01-2014, 12:32 AM
Over a 38 game season we're always going to have bad performances, if you could guarantee me four of them would come against Celtic and not our rivals I'd happily take it every time.

We showed after the 0-5 we're capable of putting something like this behind us, don't see why we won't again. Though I think it may be the game after next rather than Aberdeen next week, I don't fancy that at all.

steviex
19-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Over a 38 game season we're always going to have bad performances, if you could guarantee me four of them would come against Celtic and not our rivals I'd happily take it every time.

We showed after the 0-5 we're capable of putting something like this behind us, don't see why we won't again. Though I think it may be the game after next rather than Aberdeen next week, I don't fancy that at all.

You have a point but the occasional performance in glasgow isnt asking too much. All this p1sh about they are this , they are that and we cant compete. Well that gulf has always been there and we used to be able to got to parkhead and turn them over with teams that had a bigger gulf between them than there is now. In the late 80's early 90's we went a 5/6 year period against Celtic when they beat us about 3 times in 15 games. I accept that was exceptional but to not have recorded a goal at parkhead in 3 years says it all. Our tactics

Wellup4it
19-01-2014, 08:36 AM
I've just watched the game on MFC TV and my observations of the admittedly limited highlights are:

1st goal: not a great save by Neilsen, but the original culprit is Stevie Hammell who launches an aimless high ball for Faddy to win with the inevitable consequences.

2nd goal: lack of cover by Keith Lasley or Stuart Carswell. Probably a penalty but Stokes goes down very late. Neilsen not to blame.

3rd goal: ZFA has gone AWOL making it an easy cross for the Celtic attacker. McManus seemingly makes a hash of the clearance leaving Neilsen with no chance.

Overall, the performance was better than some recent ones at Parkhead. Full backs played too far infield and central midfield sat too deep and in doing so failed to shield the defence. Celtic can shoot on sight. Encouraging that we had so many shots on goal (especially Vigurs) but most lacked conviction and failed to trouble their keeper.

Anyone blaming Neilsen for the goals is totally off the mark given the shocking protec

Handsome_Devil
19-01-2014, 10:06 AM

You have a point but the occasional performance in glasgow isnt asking too much. All this p1sh about they are this , they are that and we cant compete. Well that gulf has always been there and we used to be able to got to parkhead and turn them over with teams that had a bigger gulf between them than there is now. In the late 80's early 90's we went a 5/6 year period against Celtic when they beat us about 3 times in 15 games. I accept that was exceptional but to not have recorded a goal at

steviex
19-01-2014, 10:13 AM
[quote="Wellup4it"]I've just watched the game on MFC TV and my observations of the admittedly limited highlights are:

1st goal: not a great save by Neilsen, but the original culprit is Stevie Hammell who launches an aimless high ball for Faddy to win with the inevitable consequences.

2nd goal: lack of cover by Keith Lasley or Stuart Carswell. Probably a penalty but Stokes goes down very late. Neilsen not to blame.

3rd goal: ZFA has gone AWOL making it an easy cross for the Celtic attacker. McManus seemingly makes a hash of the clearance leaving Neilsen with no chance.

Overall, the performance was better than some recent ones at Parkhead. Full backs played too far infield and central midfield sat too deep and in doing so failed to shield the defence. Celtic can shoot on sight. Encouraging that we had so many shots on goal (especially Vigurs) but most lacked conviction and failed to trouble their keeper.

Anyone blaming Neilsen for the goals is

steviex
19-01-2014, 10:33 AM

You have a point but the occasional performance in glasgow isnt asking too much. All this p1sh about they are this , they are that and we cant compete. Well that gulf has always been there and we used to be able to got to parkhead and turn them over with teams that had a bigger gulf between them than there is now. In the late 80's early 90's we went a 5/6 year period against Celtic when they beat us about 3 times in 15 games. I accept that

andymillar
19-01-2014, 02:46 PM
It was a far more positive performance than in recent years in Glasgow IMO. We had something like 46% possession and caused them a few problems. We just dont have a natural goal scorer like Coyne or Arnott or a decent keeper.The goals were down to individual mistakes rather than great Celtic play.
And by the way, Neilsen was to blame for the pen - he came out, hesitated then came again, otherwise would probably have reached the ball first.
Still think a lot of positives from the overall performance with only minus marks to Neilsen and Ainsworth who was poor.