PDA

View Full Version : New Keeper

blainy
18-01-2014, 06:13 PM
I think we defiantly need a new keeper in before the end of the transfer window, Fleming isn't too bad but I don't think he is good enough to be 1st choice at a L1 club. Compare him to Amos I don't think we would have conceded the 3rd and 4th goals today, Amos would gather anything in the 6 yard box which is where the 3rd and 4th goals were scored from. Could do with getting someone else in whilst Gillespie is out injured.

Piglet_Phoenix
18-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Fleming has conceded 11 goals in 3 games. He was released by a Conference club for good reason.

He's not good enough, we need to get rid ASAP.

ipickonpeople
19-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Agreed.

Watching back the highlights, the first shot appeared to go under him. Just too slow at getting down. Amos or Gillespie would've saved it.

Their goalkeeper yesterday was excellent. Had they had Fleming and we'd had their keeper, we would've won by 3 or 4 goals.

In 5 league one home games, Amos conceded 5 goals (1 in each game). So far in 1 league one home game, Fleming has conceded 4. He also nearly gifted them another when he got the ball caught between his feet.

No where near good enough.

If this Bouzanis is even half decent, sign him and release Fleming.

MillerforScotland
19-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Bou... who??

dcblue
20-01-2014, 04:48 PM
I have to say I wonder why we signed Fleming after releasing Collin. He's a lot worse than Collin and clearly was never going to challenge Gillespie. You could argue Collin wouldn't either but to be fair Collin is in goal for a team pushing for the play offs and looks like he's kept a lot of clean sheets for them. It looks like he was just a cheap option just to bench warm in case of an emergency during a game... again a case where Abbott wasted money on Edwards Cadz etc and scrimped in an area where he shouldn't have...

Nevermore666
20-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Is there no chance of getting Amos back?

dalmationblue
21-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Give a thought to Wukiton Reds, there 7th goalkeeper who was on a months loan got sent off, So will probably miss 3 games hence the end of the loan.So it will be custodian no 8...:D