PDA

View Full Version : D_D's player ratings vs. Brighton

D_D
18-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Today's 1-0 win was a fantastic result.

Both ourselves and Brighton, another real play-offs candidate, failed to play our best football today, perhaps cancelling eachother out. Throw in a card-happy referee who constantly made strange decisions and it all made for a rather uneventful affair. However, today Derby showed a lot of qualities I wanted to see...

1. Buxton and Keogh could deal with a top Championship striker in Ulloa.

2. We can be tactically disciplined. Too often we're left out of position, but today, we seemed to get it spot on defensively.

3. We now have players to give us a moment of quality when we really need it, in a game of few chances.

Anyway, the ratings:

Grant 8- Perhaps his best game at home this season. A great reaction save from Upson's header in the first half was a real highlight, but his consistency in coming for crosses was equally impressive. Well done Lee, you earned your clean sheet today.

Wisdom 8- Imperial in the first half. His balance

CornwallRam
18-01-2014, 07:08 PM
A good report as usual DD. Those ratings aren't far off mine generally, although I had Keogh as MOTM.

The one that I completely disagree with is Sammon. I thought that he was appalling today. He plodded around and looked to be either unfit or sulking. He's never a skilled performer, but he usually contributes with his persistence, running and enthusiasm. IMO he had very little positive influence on the game.

ellafella
18-01-2014, 07:37 PM
[quote="D_D"]Today's 1-0 win was a fantastic result.

Both ourselves and Brighton, another real play-offs candidate, failed to play our best football today, perhaps cancelling eachother out. Throw in a card-happy referee who constantly made strange decisions and it all made for a rather uneventful affair. However, today Derby showed a lot of qualities I wanted to see...

1. Buxton and Keogh could deal with a top Championship striker in Ulloa.

2. We can be tactically disciplined. Too often we're left out of position, but today, we seemed to get it spot on defensively.

3. We now have players to give us a moment of quality when we really need it, in a game of few chances.

Anyway, the ratings:

Grant 8- Perhaps his best game at home this season. A great reaction save from Upson's header in the first half was a real highlight, but his consistency in coming for crosses was equally impressive. Well done Lee, you earned your clean sheet today.

Wisdom 8

tomsdubs
18-01-2014, 09:48 PM
No way was Bamford MOTM. Keogh had a blinder.

Rapid
18-01-2014, 10:17 PM

completely agree. that's as good a game I've seen Keogh have in a derby shirt. flawless. wisdom wasn't far behind too. superb.

another excellent game from Eustace angry :-P

saw it pretty similar as always D_D. a few small differences, I didn't think forsyth played well and ward was a lot worse than dawkins. one of martin's most ineffective games.

tamworthram
19-01-2014, 12:39 AM
Agree. Keogh was man of the match. I've a bit critical of Wisdom recently but today he was also immense.

swaledale
19-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Keogh wasd efinately MOm and today showed just how much Buxton needs him alongside.

Forsyth for me is still a weak link and HUghs and Ward are clearly off form as is Bryson, though again that could eb down to the effectiveness of the opposition.

Onec annot forget that it was Wards run that resulted in the goal.

All those who thought we didn't need Bamford should now know why!

D_D
19-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Granted, Keogh was sublime, and he would have been a worthy MOTM choice. I went for Bamford as in a tight game it was him who made the difference, but in terms of a 90 minute performance, Keogh was the best.

Fletch_11
19-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Keogh wasd efinately MOm and today showed just how much Buxton needs him alongside.

Forsyth for me is still a weak link and HUghs and Ward are clearly off form as is Bryson, though again that could eb down to the effectiveness of the opposition.

It's a good point about Ward being instrumental in the goal. Although he wasn't at his game changing best I thought he was far more involved than in the last couple of games. He tracked back, looked for the ball and didn't stop until the final whistle. This should be expected of all players I accept but he was better than Dawkins in my view, although that isn't a ringing endorsement.

Yesterday's game was similar to Wigan (even Steve Claridge spotted their tactics!) and I think there will be far more games like this in the last 10 home fixtures. It makes i

AngryRam
19-01-2014, 03:00 PM

completely agree. that's as good a game I've seen Keogh have in a derby shirt. flawless. wisdom wasn't far behind too. superb.

another excellent game from Eustace angry :-P

saw it pretty similar as always D_D. a few small differences, I didn't think forsyth played well and ward was a lot worse than dawkins. one of martin's most ineffective games.[/quote]

:blue: :blue: Okay Rapid, the old boy did okay on Saturday but he had to have a decent one at some point. Still IMO his decent games are no more than average ;D
>:(

su4eranio
20-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Keogh defo MOTM for me. His best game all season.

I think defensively we consistently perform better with the Bucko, Keogh, Eustace triangle.

Brighton were a team that got what they deserved. Very negative from a team with way more ability than they dared to show. Stifled us in the midfield and in doing so gave up all attacking threat bar set pieces.

Saturday will be a different game with Blackburn expected to play a more open and attacking game. Lets see how our offensive unit performs with more space to play in.

ps no one mentioned the ref...cant remember one bad foul all game and 8 yellow cards! The worse incident of the game was their full back taking a blatant dive which the ref saw, and not producing a yellow. the 8 cards he gave were for nothing niggles. Very poor ref!!

Rapid
20-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Keogh defo MOTM for me. His best game all season.

I think defensively we consistently perform better with the Bucko, Keogh, Eustace triangle.

Brighton were a team that got what they deserved. Very negative from a team with way more ability than they dared to show. Stifled us in the midfield and in doing so gave up all attacking threat bar set pieces.

Saturday will be a different game with Blackburn expected to play a more open and attacking game. Lets see how our offensive unit performs with more space to play in.

ps no one mentioned the ref...cant remember one bad foul all game and 8 yellow cards! The worse incident of the game was their full back taking a blatant dive which the ref saw, and not producing a yellow. the 8 cards he gave were for nothing niggles. Very poor ref!!

100% agree with everything you've put there mate including the ref. I thought exactly the same. there was one synical foul from their player in t

D_D
20-01-2014, 05:50 PM
The ref was a joke. I may sound silly saying this but I find referees that have that "geography teacher" look are usually useless, and he fit the stereotype.

Toggles
22-01-2014, 03:32 PM

It makes it very difficult for our wide men to be influential. We just need to find a way to combat opposition negativity. ;D[/quote]

3-5-2?

As teams are not commiting many forward at PP, lose a defender and flood the mid. A 'hole' player between the lines might unlock a door where our wingers can't

D_D
22-01-2014, 06:00 PM

It makes it very difficult for our wide men to be influential. We just need to find a way to combat opposition negativity. ;D[/quote]

3-5-2?

As teams are not commiting many forward at PP, lose a defender and flood the mid. A 'hole' player between the lines might unlock a door where our wingers can't[/quote]

I can't see 3-5-2 suiting us Toggles.

Our main width comes from Wisdom and Forsyth, and Dawkins, Ward and Russell all like to come inside, as I'm sure Ba