PDA

View Full Version : We're getting as bad as the Scotland teams was under Levein!

maestro91
18-01-2014, 07:14 PM
It's got to the stage that when Motherwell play the scummy old firm we show far too much respect and are happy to come away with only a one or two goal defeat. Motherwell teams I watched over the past 40 years always fought because nothing less was acceptable. McCall is instilling the wrong values in this club with his over-respect of other teams. We should show some self-respect and let other teams look after themselves.

andymillar
19-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Sorry but that's nonsense. We had a lot of the ball yesterday but didn't have the cutting edge needed to do any damge. Celtic hit us on the break which confirms the manager's worries about going gun-ho.
When we regularly beat them in the 80s, we had guys like Bobby Russell who could dictate the game and they were no where near as good as now.
To beat Celtic, you need a lot of luck, a good goalie(which we dont have), everyone on form and them off-form

wellowell
19-01-2014, 04:37 PM
I went to a few away games when levein was manager and remember Lithuania 0 0 and Czech Republic 4 6 0 formation and trust me we had more than double the attempts yesterday than those 2 games put together. We have been negative in past recent visits to Celtic but certainly not yesterday so no idea where all this grief is coming from we lost 3 bad goals yesterday first 1 looked offside to me 2nd a penalty 3rd an own goal and we were not clinical in front of goal but that is due to poor decision making not negative tactics.. As an aside I watched leeds Leicester game yesterday leeds dominated lost a late goal and on back of a 6 0 defeat last week the fans could have turned but no they started singing and cheered them for their effort it's time our fans done this as when they deserve stick like 5 0 game at fir park they deserve it but not yesterday as tried their best but was just not good enough and leeds got stick last week but not this week as tried their best. If I see my team tryin