PDA

View Full Version : Today

fletcher9
18-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Don't want to disappoint BA so here goes.

Disappointing today but have to give credit to Wimbledon who set there stall out to frustrate us and worked their socks off. Their five man defence and athletic midfield gave us little space to work in.

Winnall certainly missed some chances in the first half but at least always looked a threat and was unlucky with that flicked effort in the second half.
I was a bit surprised to see him replaced and the double substitution didn't come off.

Russ has a problem as he wants to play one striker right up top with the second deeper to hold the ball up. This means he's not going to be keen on playing Winnall and Madden together.

Burton and Madden were unfortunate because we were trying to force things too much by the time they came on. Too often they were feeding off 30 yard hoofs in the air instead of our more controlled play of the first half.

Still that's 10 unbeaten and another point on our march to the title.

Premieriron
18-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Russ made a mistake today by replacing both Winnall and Hayes at the same time.What he got was a half fit Madden and Burton who achieved nothing.Ifhe can't handle a bigger squad there is a problem

back
19-01-2014, 02:16 PM
when Hayes came of we seemed to lose pace up front,Burton not as agile as Hayes.I would have liked to see Hayes and Maddon play together but i suppose the manager as to see who fits together better.I do not envy him trying rto keep everyone happy,it@s up to the players to get up to the mark to get picked.