PDA

View Full Version : Swansea vs Spurs

meatismurder
18-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Early team news.

"Gylfi Sigurdsson is in contention to face Swansea City on Sunday, Head Coach Tim Sherwood has confirmed.
Our Icelandic midfielder has been out of action since Boxing Day with a calf problem.
Tim also reported that central defenders Jan Vertonghen and Younes Kaboul are back in training as they continue their recuperation from respective ankle and thigh injuries a?? but neither will be ready in time to face the Swans this weekend.
a??Wea??ve got a few lads back training now,a?? Tim said. a??We are very competitive and wea??re going in there with a very strong squad for this game and we hope that we can come away with all the points.a??
Paulinho (ankle) remains sidelined."

COYS

DEVONSPUR
19-01-2014, 12:24 AM
Whats with all the ??????? ?

Would love to see Lamela & Eriksen playing behind Ade!

Swans 1 Spurs 3!!

COYS

meatismurder
19-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Team news:
Lloris,
Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose,
Eriksen, Bentaleb, Dembele, Chadli, Lennon,
Adebayor

Subs:
Friedel, Naughton, Holtby, Soldado, Capoue, Defoe, Sigurdsson

Still no Lamela?

COYS

meatismurder
19-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Swansea should be winning. :/

COYS

meatismurder
19-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Adebayor scores 1-0 :D

COYS

DEVONSPUR
19-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Nearly 2 !!!!
;D

Can someone teach lennon how to cross a ball??
:?

meatismurder
19-01-2014, 02:43 PM
It's Chico time... 2-0 o.g.

COYS

meatismurder
19-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Chadli off, Siggi on.

COYS

meatismurder
19-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Dembele must score but doesn't.

2 mins later Adebayor does, 3-0.

COYS

meatismurder
19-01-2014, 03:09 PM
3-1 Bony, sloppy defending, again. :/

Naughton on for Lennon, that will strengthen the defence... ;D

COYS

meatismurder
19-01-2014, 03:26 PM
3-1FT

Still feel we are missing another player or 2.

COYS

DEVONSPUR
19-01-2014, 03:29 PM
We have the players!!

We need to play them tho'!

Lennon was virtually a passenger.

Dembele shocking miss!

But overall a good performance by us and a comfortable win!
;D

Would like Bony up front for us alongside Ade!

meatismurder
19-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Yes, we have most of the players, not all.

When Jan, Sandro & Paulinho return I will feel happier, however I'm still not confident with our fullbacks.

COYS

DEVONSPUR
19-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Agreed!!

Walker is a superb athlete but needs to work on his touch!!

Would like to see a fit Kabbs alongside Vert at the back but the LB remains a problem and I don't think Rose is the answer any more than Benny!

Still we're clear 5th, level with the bin dippers and 3 pts behind the Chavs!

Need a draw today at the Bridge with a few red cards and season ending injuries...only kidding!
;D

danegee
19-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Think we worked hard today. That was seen in the amount of times they gave away possession.
However, Bony caused us problems. His goal came from a miscued pass, but you could see it coming.
As for the full backs, Rose at least passed better today and made an assist, but they both get caught out of position far too much. Walker makes up for it with his pace sometimes, but Rose looks like he gives up when he gets beaten.
Despite the way the formation was laid out on the TV, Eriksen played behind the striker and Chadli on the left. So, Chadli did not play in is favourite position.
Sometimes when you look at the players it's hard to tell what position they are in as the pop up all over the place.

I must say that Adebayor has impressed me. He has worked hard, closed down, run, got involved , in great positions and scored another 2.
I am still cautious though as we have seen this before. If he could play like he has consistently we have a great player.
I have never seen him do as much runn

DEVONSPUR
20-01-2014, 12:07 PM
A lot of good points Danegee!!

A good but not flawless performance and I was delighted with Eriksen who looked real class and a snip at what we paid.

Jury still out on Dembele tho' as his failure to set up Ade was shocking imo as it was at a crucial stage of the game at 2 - 0 and if he had passed 3 - 0 and game over!
Fortunately Rose was in a similar position shortly afterwards and he wasn't so selfish and greedy and an easy goal for Ade but if this situation hadn't occurred and Bony had scored earlier then we might have caved in!!

I hope TS removed his te5ticles afterwards cos I wd have!

So we're still none the wiser re Chadli!

lennon as he is so often was virtually a passenger, rarely making those runs he's so good at when he's on his game but what worries me is that when he is in a position to cross with players in the box as he was when Bentelab set him up he can't do it and the ball was overhit to the far side of the box!!

No wonder Soldado was so frustrated.

I'm not sure