PDA

View Full Version : New Striker

Silver lining
18-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Brodie Webster, young lad, 16 years old I believe, good chance of him signing for you lot next week. I'm from Aberdeen and have watched him several times, currently playing highland league and scoring for fun. He's had offers from Villa and Swansea too but follows Derby so I'd imagine he'll jump at the chance to play for you. Not the most mobile but is a traditional poacher, right place right time, good finisher and an absolute powerhouse. Was just wondering with your current lack of strikers is there any chance he could be thrown in at the deep end this season ?

Rapid
18-01-2014, 11:39 PM
in short...no. we only play one out and out striker and we have chris martin who's been superb this season. sammon who's useless but a full international and first choice last season. we've just signed bamford from Chelsea who scored a beaut today and was scoring for fun in league one.

as well as that we have Jamie ward, johnny Russell and mason Bennett who play more as wing forwards but are strikers by trade.

so really mate...we've got plenty of strikers.

if he signs he'll be in the youth team.

OntarianRam
18-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Just out of curiosity, why is silver lining banned? I see nothing offensive in his post whatsoever; is this another bug on the website?

chris311080
19-01-2014, 09:50 AM
He didn't use smileys ;)

No seriously, I noticed this yesterday and have been investigating since. It could be he has been given a global ban from another board but from the look of this post that is doubtful

Manofpride
19-01-2014, 12:35 PM
[quote="chris311080"]He didn't use smileys ;)

/quote]

XD XD XD

Fletch_11
19-01-2014, 12:51 PM
He didn't use smileys ;)

No seriously, I noticed this yesterday and have been investigating since. It could be he has been given a global ban from another board but from the look of this post that is doubtful

Not sure this helps but I had the same thing happen to me on the Barnsley board when I innocently asked about parking before our game there. It was a glitch and I edited my post to ask what happened. They reversed it immediately.

southernram22
19-01-2014, 02:48 PM
why is the guy banned hes done nothing wrong as far as I see. if so someone unban him.

roger_ramjet
19-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Maybe he mentioned another forum in a post and so is banned and will be executed in the morning?

StensonRam
19-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Must be a glitch on our board unless one of the other mods banned him because he's not showing as banned on the aberdeen boards where he's made 3 other posts?

chris311080
19-01-2014, 03:20 PM
We have had to checkout why this has happened. However, silver lining has now been recalled with our appologies

Rapid
19-01-2014, 03:41 PM
chris this is nothing new. just another problem with the site. - view external link (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=181&fid=538&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111718044)

roger_ramjet
19-01-2014, 03:50 PM
We have had to checkout why this has happened. However, silver lining has now been recalled with our appologies

Hi Ho

StensonRam
19-01-2014, 04:02 PM
chris this is nothing new. just another problem with the site.

It seems to be a first time poster glitch then, once your past that hurdle you can post normally but making a second post when banned can be difficult ;)

Silver lining
19-01-2014, 05:04 PM
thats no worries guys thanks very much, the player is heading down to Pride Park tomorrow to see the club and has also been invited to Cobham on wednesday will keep you posted, he is one for the future a touch of class