PDA

View Full Version : The plot thickens..

chief_wiggam
18-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Only the Mirror I know but... - view external link (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southampton-takeover-chinese-billionaire-wang-3036588?#.UtsGzxBFA2w)

Pentridge
18-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Just about to post that Chief.

This has done the rounds on Saintsweb for a bit.

Never say never but I can't see it meself..

proclaimer
19-01-2014, 12:07 AM
'...But suggestions of dressing-room turmoil after Cortese?s departure...'

Suggestions by who at Southampton FC exactly? Or, let me guess, that bit is just a media add in??

We are already owned by one of the richest owners in the Prem so I don't see what the story is ... unless it's a media contest to find the most wealthy likely buyer.

What will be, will be :zzz: . COYS. O:)

TurktownAnt
19-01-2014, 04:25 AM
[quote="proclaimer"]'...But suggestions of dressing-room turmoil after Cortese?s departure...'

Suggestions by who at Southampton FC exactly? Or, let me guess, that bit is just a media add in??

We are already owned by one of the richest owners in the Prem so I don't see what the story is ... unless it's a media contest to find the most wealthy likely buyer.

Christ!(no offence to the sacred amongst you)but you people are really jumping around aren't you? You have a lot going for you (maybe less in 6 months time) but don't worry. I'll certainly put a couple of quid in should you need it ;)

saintwayne
19-01-2014, 05:04 AM
Just about to post that Chief.

This has done the rounds on Saintsweb for a bit.

Never say never but I can't see it meself..

Indeed, wouldn't surprise me if the Mirror have just taken all the rumours from Saintsweb over the last few days and presented them in an article as fact.

However as I posted the other day, it would make some sense with him being involved with Sunseeker, and I think a lot of us get the feeling we haven't seen the last of Cortese at Saints.

Who knows, but interesting times ahead I think.

miksky
19-01-2014, 08:45 AM
The Premier Leagues richest club.

I'm sure i could live with that,not sure the little green eyed monsters down the road can though.

No doubt they're still believe that being community owned is the way as they sink further into obscurity.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Grannie64
19-01-2014, 08:55 AM
'...But suggestions of dressing-room turmoil after Cortese?s departure...'

Christ!(no offence to the sacred amongst you)but you people are really jumping around aren't you? You have a lot going for you (maybe less in 6 months time) but don't worry. I'll certainly put a couple of quid in should you need it ;)[/quote]

JHC on a hot tin roof, Kettle Pot comes to mind, again you Skrill bound fans seem to forget the recent sock filling your lot have done over the last few years with all your recent owners or not.
Why Media stories linking us with all sorts of new owners, and mass exodus should not be discussed and debated by

CostaBaz
19-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Whoever takes over, however wealthy he or she may be, we would still have to comply with the financial FairPlay rules.

For us to receive a massive injection of cash, for players and wages, there would have to be a seriously good piece of accountancy.

Although the "Sunseeker Stadium" with a hefty sponsorship package, could just about do it. B)

If this did happen, would the blue few stop calling us scammers and start calling us Wangers. ;)

Prinz_Eugen
19-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Frankly no longer green-eyed. You're so dependent on where the next tranche of dosh is coming from, it's indecent. The two big differences between SFC and PFC, you've got masses more of other peoples' dosh; we've got masses more trophies and honours. Get real.

miksky
19-01-2014, 09:39 AM
Frankly no longer green-eyed. You're so dependent on where the next tranche of dosh is coming from, it's indecent. The two big differences between SFC and PFC, you've got masses more of other peoples' dosh; we've got masses more trophies and honours. Get real.

Who you trying to kid?

You lot would give anything to be in our position right now rather than the self deserved sinking ship that you're in.

Southampton, The Richest club in the Premier League.
I can live with that!:P

proclaimer
19-01-2014, 10:27 AM
we've got masses more trophies

... but not a pot to pi55 in.

>;)

saintwayne
19-01-2014, 11:13 AM

Who you trying to kid?

You lot would give anything to be in our position right now rather than the self deserved sinking ship that you're in.

Southampton, The Richest club in the Premier League.
I can live with that!:P[/quote]

The thought of that makes me feel a little uneasy tbh, I hate the way Chelsea and particularly Man City have just thrown untold millions at effectively buying the league. Having said that it's hard not to feel a bit of excitement at the same time.

Whoever does eventually take over the club (assuming KL wants to sell of course) I would hope they carry on the current mantra of focusing on the academy and

kernow
19-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Significant buys that are capable of improving the squad. This is something in which Cortese's appointed people have failed spectacularly, millions £££ squandered ! :/

Brockley_Jack
19-01-2014, 01:29 PM
That articles not unsubstantiated. Sorry(*) skrillbounders, but you'll be in our shadow and looking up at us for many years to come! XD XD

* - I'm not actually sorry! XD

rathnewsaint
19-01-2014, 06:55 PM
The Premier Leagues richest club.

I'm sure i could live with that,not sure the little green eyed monsters down the road can though.

No doubt they're still believe that being community owned is the way as they sink further into obscurity.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

surely the china man would be more interested in a club with so much history ... nahhhhhhhhhhh XD XD XD
the future is is bright future is RED AND WHITE O:)