PDA

View Full Version : Dyu like the Prem?

TurktownAnt
19-01-2014, 03:56 AM
The Prem is not so great. Not about the football is it? Its about CEO's and where the managers go next season. Scum = mid table. 2014-15 scum mid table. 2015-16 scum mid table. 2016-17 scum mid table bla,bla bla..boring and pointless.

saintwayne
19-01-2014, 05:15 AM
If I'm honest I did enjoy the lower leagues more. However in the of progress, and to keep our best players, we have to be in the PL. But I do agree, there's a lot to dislike about it.

kernow
19-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Yes I dyu like the Prem ?
Dyu like league 2 ?

CostaBaz
19-01-2014, 09:21 AM
Blimey, mid-table? :O

Makes a change from being called bed blockers. XD

But a true sign of the times, when even a skate realises we have a decent team.

Brockley_Jack
19-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Eyed rarvuh bee in da midul ov da prem than flurtin wiv da konfrunts (hik).

Dirtyweasel
19-01-2014, 08:08 PM
There's many things I don't like about the Prem, but if you appreciate a better quality of football, then it's the only place to be. Did I enjoy L1, of course I did, but I wouldn't want Saints to go any lower than that. That would just be embarrassing :blue:

Pentridge
19-01-2014, 08:26 PM
but I wouldn't want Saints to go any lower than that. That would just be embarrassing :blue:

Imagine the shame...

kernow
19-01-2014, 08:33 PM
I can't imagine the shame. Some folk don't need to imagine, it's the reality.

proclaimer
19-01-2014, 08:36 PM
The Prem is not so great. Not about the football is it? Its about CEO's and where the managers go next season. Scum = mid table. 2014-15 scum mid table. 2015-16 scum mid table. 2016-17 scum mid table bla,bla bla..boring and pointless.

Oh well, it beats having to subscribe to Pathe News to watch a decent performance from my team. XD

TurktownAnt
26-01-2014, 03:08 AM
Well. I'd actually quite like a southern team to get some silverware. Problem is we're all relyin' on the scum so it ain't gonna happen then is it. Pathetic club. ****in useless. Mid table crap.

PapaLazarou
26-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Well. I'd actually quite like a southern team to get some silverware.

Sit tight Roly, po**ey can have a good crack at next season's FA Vase..

Brockley_Jack
26-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Well. I'd actually quite like a southern team to get some silverware.

Sit tight Roly, po**ey can have a good crack at next season's FA Vase..[/quote]

FA trophy first Papa. It'll be another few years before they're eligible for the Vase. XD

OhWell
26-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Yes. i bet you Worzels would love to be there too.

For most of my life, Saints have been in the top flight and that is where I like us to be. It has enabled me to see some of the best players in Europe over the years, including many in Saints' shirts.

Personally, I think that football in the fourth tier is sh!te in comparison and few football fans will remember thes of the mediocre players playing there, which also seems to be the opinion of your fans if you read your own messageboard. How you wish our positions were reversed but that may never happen in our lifetimes.

Dirtyweasel
26-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Until the charity thieves were flushed to their current position, I didn't realise there was a fourth tier in English football :O

theyak2
26-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Yes I dyu like the Prem ?
Dyu like league 2 ?
Yes!
As I enjoyed the old div 4 as well.
Div 3 was my favourite experience.
The prem as an idea is amazing but without the millions is just a story of survival with an occasional good season or cup win.
Obviously the last bit doesn't apply to you. ;-)

OhWell
26-01-2014, 03:54 PM
"just a story of survival" you say. That pretty much sums up Pompey in recent years.

Personally, I'd rather be 9th in our league than 21st in yours and I suspect you would too.

As for the cup bit, in the modern era, Saints have been in 2 FA Cup Finals and 1 League Cup Final and won 1 of them while Pompey have been in 2 FA Cup Finals and also won 1 of them. Saints have a realistic chance of adding to that win this season and the next few as well; Pompey don't.

PapaLazarou
26-01-2014, 04:08 PM
The few won't thank you for letting the facts get in the way of a good por**myth, OW..

theyak2
26-01-2014, 04:42 PM
OW.
Can I ask how old you are?
Modern era?
1976!
That's 38 years ago. In other words you will soon have only one generation remembering said pompey boy won cup. Brilliant!
Modern era! Ha
Your talking history and we all know history is something you have very little of!
;-)
But don't let that get in the way of 'saint smyth'!

Pentridge
26-01-2014, 06:15 PM
[quote="OhWell" you say. That pretty much sums up Pompey in recent years.

Personally, I'd rather be 9th in our league than 21st in yours and I suspect you would too.

As for the cup bit, in the modern era, Saints have been in 2 FA Cup Finals and 1 League Cup Final and won 1 of them while Pompey have been in 2 FA Cup Finals and also won 1 of them. Saints have a realistic chance of adding to that win this season and the next few as well; Pompey don't.[/quote]

My mistake, clearly you're one of us.

Pentridge
26-01-2014, 06:22 PM
OW.
Modern era?
1976!
That's 38 years ago. In other words you will soon have only one generation remembering said pompey boy won cup. Brilliant!
Modern era! Ha
Your talking history and we all know history is something you have very little of!
;-)

Who is Saint Smyth?

OhWell
26-01-2014, 06:35 PM
OW.
Modern era?
1976!
Modern era! Ha
;-)

Who is Saint Smyth?[/quote]

He was a character in the film, Hysteria. The yak is obviously becoming hysterical. Just one win in fif**** games must be getting to him.

OhWell
29-01-2014, 12:09 AM
I don't like it: I love it. The game tonight was fantastic entertainment and had a great atmosphere. Exhilarating stuff.

OhWell
02-02-2014, 01:59 AM
Sounds like you are absolutely loving life at the bottom of League Two: - view external link (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111586653)

TurktownAnt
02-02-2014, 02:27 AM
I'll be honest with you lads. I thought div 4 would be a breeze for us. And i'd enjoy the honesty that comes with lower league football whilst battering allcomers. I was proved wrong on so many levels. Pompey are being shown up on the park, on the terraces, the officials are a disgrace. I'm a vet from last seasons 22 matches without a win (went to all home games). Was gonna pack it in. But I know that things will get better. I'm Portsmouth till I die. That's what separates us from you's. That's what makes me Pompey.

proclaimer
02-02-2014, 06:17 AM
But I know that things will get better. I'm Portsmouth till I die. That's what separates us from you's. That's what makes me Pompey.

Following my team through thick and thin for many years (and travelling many miles in the process)is one of the few things we have in common.

Pentridge
02-02-2014, 08:17 AM
I'll be honest with you lads. I thought div 4 would be a breeze for us. And i'd enjoy the honesty that comes with lower league football whilst battering allcomers. I was proved wrong on so many levels. Pompey are being shown up on the park, on the terraces, the officials are a disgrace.

Started off as post of the year.

I'm a vet from last seasons 22 matches without a win (went to all home games). Was gonna pack it in. But I know that things will get better. I'm Portsmouth till I die. That's what separates us from you's. That's what makes me Pompey.

And ended up with just about every Pompey cliche.

chief_wiggam
02-02-2014, 08:47 AM
That's what separates us from you's.

Are you a Pikey Ant?

Pentridge
02-02-2014, 10:56 AM
That's what separates us from you's.

Are you a Pikey Ant?[/quote]

Apparently he's a Vet too.

kernow
02-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Never seen a better Saints team, young, energetic, and skillful.
Contrast that with the current Pompey side. The messages of disgust and despair on their message boards say what they really think of their situation. Despite all that some of them still think they're better than us.
Not something this fan would ever say, that's the difference and what separates us.

Exeter soon and the RNLI charity box will be stuffed with £50. That will be worth seeing.