PDA

View Full Version : Play offs and Autos point targets, do able?

SuperDerbySuperRams
19-01-2014, 11:22 AM
The average points target to finish 6th since the championships formation in 2004 is 73 points. The average points target to finish 2nd is 85 points.

This season, 4 teams are currently averaging above that Autos target, the top 4. The play off target will probably be higher, with loads of teams hitting form and lots of team going for the 4 spaces.

So, looking at the averages (obviously it varies season on season), out of 60 points available we need 24 points to secure 6th (might be slightly higher this season, I'd say 28) and 36 out of 60 points for autos (again, might be higher due to QPR and Leicester's brilliant squads).

But on paper, play offs look an easy target, considering our team in my opinion, although we should be aiming for 3rd position, which I believe will be between us and Forest (Burnley will drift away I reckon, but still finish in the top 6).

Autos doesn't look impossible, especially considering we've already played 3 of the better teams in the league already t

Gift_of_the_Gabb
19-01-2014, 12:15 PM
[quote="SuperDerbySuperRams"]The average points target to finish 6th since the championships formation in 2004 is 73 points. The average points target to finish 2nd is 85 points.

This season, 4 teams are currently averaging above that Autos target, the top 4. The play off target will probably be higher, with loads of teams hitting form and lots of team going for the 4 spaces.

So, looking at the averages (obviously it varies season on season), out of 60 points available we need 24 points to secure 6th (might be slightly higher this season, I'd say 28) and 36 out of 60 points for autos (again, might be higher due to QPR and Leicester's brilliant squads).

But on paper, play offs look an easy target, considering our team in my opinion, although we should be aiming for 3rd position, which I believe will be between us and Forest (Burnley will drift away I reckon, but still finish in the top 6).

Autos doesn't look impossible, especially considering we've alr

Manofpride
19-01-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm just pleased we've got a win after a few defeats. There have been many teams that go on a long losing streak after a long winning streak. I still maintain than good performances come from a confident side, now we've got that win that bit of nervousness should be gone and put us back on the road to recovery!

UpTheRams1884
19-01-2014, 01:41 PM
60points to play for. I'd love us to break Reading record tbf.

chili756
19-01-2014, 02:14 PM
With Yeovil, Bournemouth, Barnsley, Charlton, Millwall and Huddersfield, still to come for us at home, that is a solid base to work on. The age old cliche, that there is no easy games in the championship stands, but even if this was a relegation battle, we would need to beat these, so we must not let our confidence slide.

Doncaster, Brum, Blackburn and Blackpool are easily winnable currently, but this could change. Altogether this is 30 points, after this there are still home games, but they are harder, and we face some tough trips away still.

I think Leicester are away now and will snap up one of the automatic, probably clinching the title, but after this, ourselves, QPR, Burnley, Forest, Reading and one or two others could all stake a claim. Pains me to say, but if Florest learn from past mistakes and dont let the transfer derail them again, these are probably the strongest rivals, followed by QPR and it will be one of these for the other automatics.

It will definitely be an inter

southernram22
19-01-2014, 03:02 PM
play offs will be a massive step in right direction.

Rapid
19-01-2014, 03:47 PM
we either aim for 2nd or 6th now that we're already in the mix. no point aiming for 3rd seen as the prize is playing 6th.

there's some very hot competition. I have to say I think fester are as good as up so it leaves 3 very good sides vying for 2nd place. burnley still look good and QPR's resources are ridiculous at this level. so we're up against it but we proved we could grind out a result yesterday so there's no reason we can't do it.

at this point it would have to go catastrophically wrong for us not to finish top 6.

swaledale
19-01-2014, 11:09 PM
A mmot point about aiming for 6th, wasn't that Florists plan last year until Fester derailed that? Much prefer to be 3rd or 4th or if 6th 5 or more points ahead of the team in 7th!!!

WE ought to finish in the top 6, a laudable achievement, bu theres half the season to go and injuries plus suspensions can hurt any team.